Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

06 Aug 2011, 9:33 pm

You know that Zwinky ad with the guy panting like a deranged dog and the skeliton ad with the flashing eyes.
Both are creepy/anoying anyone else feel the same way???

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

I use Firefox, so I don't see these "Zwinkies" any more.

... or is that the Ritalin ... ?

:wink:

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 10:43 pm

I don't like the skeleton one either. A while ago there was one for an ADHD med that had a kid bouncing up and down, and I would refresh the page multiple times to make that one go away cause it drove me nuts. I wish they would stick to the plain text ads. Especially considering this is a site for people more likely to be sensitive to annoying ads.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

06 Aug 2011, 11:22 pm

Megz wrote:
I don't like the skeleton one either. A while ago there was one for an ADHD med that had a kid bouncing up and down, and I would refresh the page multiple times to make that one go away cause it drove me nuts. I wish they would stick to the plain text ads. Especially considering this is a site for people more likely to be sensitive to annoying ads.

I remember that one...it really irritated me.
Alex says he does have much say in what is put on because google generates the ads for the site, but he can have a bothersome one removed. I think I will post this in the general section, so we get get a idea how bothersome it is so Alex can have them removed.

thanz for responding though.

might have to get firefox...mom dont like firefox, once I downloaded firefox and got a virus that killed my computer dead.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 12:41 am

The smileys advertisement they're running now is awfully distracting, with the constant switching of colours. The skeleton one is annoying but not as much.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

identity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 6:02 am

I agree that smileys one is annoying me as I write this. :x

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 6:07 am

Ad Blocker is your friend