Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2008, 1:51 pm

Anyone have mild to moderate weight gain on the pill? I am working my ass off trying to lose the 10 lbs I have gained. I actually need to lose 30 totally lbs but I don't want to resort to anorexia again so I'm working out a lot. I bike 10 miles a day, run and do yoga, and my metabolism actually isnt horriable but these stupid pills have to be it but I have no choice but to take them. I have pmdd and acne if I don't take the pills and of course the risk or pregnacy, will the weight gain stop?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 1:58 pm

I didn't have weight gain from them but have from anti-depressants and low thyroid. Don't forget that the weight on the scale does not correlate to fat/muscle ratio and muscle weighs much more than fat by volume. Also, it is a good idea to supplement with a B vitamin when on the pill because it deletes it and can result in depression and mood swings. I take a B100 complex(all B vit.)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2008, 2:19 pm

Thank you, no wonder I feel so bad lately, I will have to try supplements.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:59 pm

My sis took the pill for a year. She gained about 15 pounds and then it leveled off.

Weight gain seems to be a rather common side effect, so don't fret to much about it. It's your body adjusting to the extra hormones and adding even more curves. If you pay close attention, all the gain is in the hips and breasts.

It went away when she stopped taking the pill, so it's not completly permanant.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 3:01 pm

kip wrote:
Weight gain seems to be a rather common side effect, so don't fret to much about it. It's your body adjusting to the extra hormones and adding even more curves. If you pay close attention, all the gain is in the hips and breasts.

Got Pictures?

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 6:58 pm

I was on the pill from the time I was 18 until I was 24. I didn't notice any long-term side effects then, except that my boobs were a little fuller and a felt more feminine in a very subtle way. During my first couple of months on it, I had mood swings - I would get these weird crying fits from time to time - but that effect was short-lived.

Now, at the age of 29, I've just started taking the exact same pill again. The most marked change is in my appetite. I hope I don't gain too much weight, but my boobs are looking much fuller and larger, so maybe it will be worth it!

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 2:33 pm

For all your questions, this site has lots of answers. Check them out: http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com/
I've read through so much in the forums......

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 5:37 pm

so that's why I went up a bra size!

AngryReptileKeeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2008, 3:53 pm

I don't even take hormonal birth control anymore. Not only are the risks unacceptable, but it increases my appetite and makes me gain. I can't even lose weight on it. All I do is pack it on.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 9:44 pm

I actually didn't gain weight. I know a lot of people who do though, like my younger sister.