Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 9:56 am

BTDT wrote:
I think it gets worse with stress. The more stress you have in your life the more difficulty you have.

I agree with this perception. If you can learn ways to vent stress effectively as you age, the end result will be to minimize the effects of oversensitivity to sound, visual, taste, smell and touch. So the outcome depends on the individual.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 10:57 am

Seniority at work means I get to delegate stuff to the new guy. I give him a short explanation and let him decide how to handle it. He is much better at solving stuff with the assistance of social networking. Not my thing.

My boss also suggested taking half days to help use up all my vacation time.
It is too cold to garden in the morning but it does warm up in the afternoon. :D

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2019, 11:45 am

It can and it has, in my case. I could make do when I was younger, but when I hit my late twenties, things got ugly fast. The responsibilities of getting older led to stress levels that I simply couldn't handle. I suffered a nervous breakdown, could no longer work full time, and had to move back in with family. My depressive spells are not as intense as they used to be, but that's about the only thing I've improved on. Blocking out excess light and noise has gotten harder, I have less energy to spare for social interaction, and I no longer seek friendships because they take too much out of me to maintain.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2019, 4:30 pm

As of last year my tantrums have gotten better