Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 11:56 am

Shellbelle wrote:
Thank you for the explanation @Jakki. :)

I miss attempts at humor, oops! My aspie is showing :lol:

@ Shellbelle
i forget humour doesn't always carry over into the written word, especially , if you have not know a person for awhile . :oops: Your patience with me is appreciated :D :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 2:29 pm

@Jakki

Well, it made for a great opportunity to know each other better! :) I do like the platypus reference.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 2:48 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
@Jakki

Well, it made for a great opportunity to know each other better! :) I do like the platypus reference.

Hooray... for better understanding each other . ! am very sorry you did/ do have to deal with cPTSD .
btw. Glad you enjoyed my touch of creativity . . . . Although , am not always so good at it. :doh: :wall:
Somedays , i dont always remember to take myself very seriously . Hard road to get to that point .
After previous experiences . 8O
TY for the opportunity to get to know you :D

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm

Jakki wrote:
Shellbelle wrote:
@Jakki

Hooray... for better understanding each other . ! am very sorry you did/ do have to deal with cPTSD .
btw. Glad you enjoyed my touch of creativity . . . . Although , am not always so good at it. :doh: :wall:
Somedays , i dont always remember to take myself very seriously . Hard road to get to that point .
After previous experiences . 8O
TY for the opportunity to get to know you :D

I am sorry it is something you experience too. Hugs.

I hope you will keep being creative. It will keep things lively around here.

Yes! I am glad we'll see each other here. :)

AnomalousAspergian
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2021, 1:15 pm

jimbo Jones wrote:
I feel that the " spectrum " is nothing more than the manifestation of evolution. Nature is trying to give us bigger and smarter brains. It does not always get it right but when it does Human 1.1. maybe after time we might start looking like grey aliens, LOL :D

I think autism may be one of the anomalies of human evolution. In fact, it is by sheer coincidence that humans evolved the way we did, as evolution in the context of gene mutation is random and there no linear development within evolution. It is quite messy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 3:35 pm

I believe it's a mutation----sometimes, it manifests negatively; other times, it manifests positively; other times, its neutral.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 5:49 pm

evolution is always on the precipice of changing things . Some are highly evolved some small critters can even change the colour of their skin to suit the environment for camoflauge .. Even some sea creatures . Many creatures can even to appear to have empathy when another of their species is killed.

In this age of gene editing and CAS9 and Crisper technologies . We can create ,. templates for human evolution.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:01 pm

Autism is not evolution. Autism is also not de-evolution (sorry, Mark Mothersbaugh!) I see it more as a bunch of NT cavemen around the fire sharpening their spears while the Asperger's caveman is inventing the wheel.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:08 pm

And what conclusion can one come to , by the last few sentences of the above post.?? 8O

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:22 pm

That the Asperger's caveperson had a different view of things which was beyond the norm.

The wheel wasn't actually invented until around the Bronze Age.

But domesticating animals certainly took a certain degree of "thinking outside the box."

This doesn't mean that the Asperger's caveperson "evolved." It just means he/she had a different view of things from what was "normal" at the time.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:38 pm

Wait aminute , are you intentionally creating oxymoron type statements .
the use of the word "different" and phrase " beyond the norm" might be construed to mean
a change has occurred in thought processes . It would seem "beyond the norm" might signify
improvement , particularily given the idea of the creation of the wheel ? Which like bronze , benefited
the future of mankind. But am merely trying to interpet ,what i was reading .. :D
Am not sure but these might be examples of evolutionary changes ?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:45 pm

I don't get where you see the oxymoron, frankly.

I meant that a possible "Aspergian" caveperson might think differently from what is normally thought of among cavepeople. Most cavepeople think about survival, the hunt, their families, their group. This is very practical and necessary; it doesn't mean they are "deficient."

But there might be one of the bunch who is focused on something which is beyond what I stated. Maybe, one day, this person wanted to see if a wild dog or a wolf could help out with things, somehow, by seeking to domesticate the dog or wolf. Most of the people in the group are not focused on that, necessarily.

This doesn't mean there's been an evolutionary change. It means this person is "thinking outside the box" and feels the motivation to do so. The other folks in the group are capable of "thinking outside the box," but are not motivated to do so, since, perhaps, their minds are not as "flexible" as this particular person who is thinking about domesticating a dog/wolf.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:12 pm

I'd bet dollars to donuts that animals were domesticated by girls adopting orphans. Cross-species adoption is very common; the founders of Rome were said to be nursed by a wolf, and lions will try to care for the infants of Baboons, their mortal enemies.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

Yep, of course, that could happen too----that somebody adopts an orphan animal.

But the process of domestication takes many more steps. And there has to be a focus on it, perhaps to the exclusion of some other things.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:39 pm

Yes. There are thousands of cowboys, but Aspie Temple Grandin recently figured out how to make their work easier.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:49 pm

Augh...! progression of a species is called evolution , i believe ... i do also consider that there are many aspects of negative evolution. But it is the positive ones that promote survival and proliferation of a species . Like a wheel or domestication of another lifeform to create a positive alliance .
To further one or both species. Constitute , things that are evolving . i think .