What are the best countries for healthcare?

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 5:55 am

I've asked before on advise on potential countries to move to. But this time asking specifically about where I should go for reliable, affordable healthcare. I'm sure most of you are aware of how unaffordable healthcare is in the US, and that's one of the main reasons I feel that I need to change my environment.

One thing that I'm concerned about is that I have abnormally low testostrone levels. A few years ago I went to a men's clinic to get some help with this issue. And I had to pay over $2K out of pocket because insurance won't cover hormone treatments, and then I was unable to see the treatment through once Covid hit. So I'm hoping to find somewhere I can get the treatment I need affordably. I'd appreciate any advice of information on this matter if anyone knows anything.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:24 am

The UK is pretty good. We have the tax funded NHS.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:33 am

Rossall wrote:

Is that for foregeiners too, though?

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:42 am

I think you have to work here for a couple of years before you can use it.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:59 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Rossall wrote:

Is that for foregeiners too, though?

Um, yes, in fact foreigners get first priority, although it depends what country you're from.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 9:02 am

I actually believe that a person is only eligible for NHS in the UK if they are a citizen, or a "legal resident." Especially since Brexit.

If I would get a broken arm while traveling in the UK, I'd have to pay through the nose if I didn't get travel insurance.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 12:44 pm

Brexit hasn't really changed anything except make some European countries dislike us.

Free healthcare will still be prioritized for foreign people over British people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 12:48 pm

I can't believe it---but you're right!

Foreigners do get lots of free healthcare in the UK.

This is not so in the United States.

I don't think this is fair, actually.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 21 Oct 2021, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 12:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Free healthcare will still be prioritized for foreign people over British people.

Consistently, or just when standard triage practices dictates it?

One would expect the heart attack or head wound to always get priority over the broken limb, for example.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:11 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Brexit hasn't really changed anything except make some European countries dislike us.

I'm willing to bet the foreigners who get free healthcare do not include Americans.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:18 pm

dorkseid wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I'm willing to bet the foreigners who get free healthcare do not include Americans.

I don't think they do include Americans or Australians. It only includes people whose first language isn't English. So it's mostly people from the European Union who get the first priority. If your first language is English, no matter what colour skin, then you will come second.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:37 pm

dorkseid wrote:
I've asked before on advise on potential countries to move to. But this time asking specifically about where I should go for reliable, affordable healthcare. I'm sure most of you are aware of how unaffordable healthcare is in the US, and that's one of the main reasons I feel that I need to change my environment.

One thing that I'm concerned about is that I have abnormally low testostrone levels. A few years ago I went to a men's clinic to get some help with this issue. And I had to pay over $2K out of pocket because insurance won't cover hormone treatments, and then I was unable to see the treatment through once Covid hit. So I'm hoping to find somewhere I can get the treatment I need affordably. I'd appreciate any advice of information on this matter if anyone knows anything.

Testosterone supplementation : Family folk medicine book . Lists Sasparilla as a good supplement
for that. It maybe only the root part . (But not sure if i recall that part or not ) . hope that helps.

where ever you go ,there you are

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:45 pm

From what I read, I was mistaken when I said I would pay through the nose if I broke my arm in the UK

I would actually receive free healthcare in an "accident and emergency" department in the UK. I might have to wait a while, though.

Actually, I should have known better. My wife's son is an A & E physician in the UK.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 6:22 am

Jakki wrote:
dorkseid wrote:

Testosterone supplementation : Family folk medicine book . Lists Sasparilla as a good supplement
for that. It maybe only the root part . (But not sure if i recall that part or not ) . hope that helps.

Why should I trust folk medicine?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 6:39 am

At least some folk medicine actually works.

It’s better if FDA approved, though.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 10:43 am

the Folk medicine was around much longer than most of the Doctors you will ever meet in your life time . And generally these folk medicines are used to making derivatives from which many pharmacueticals are compounded . Personally have used many of the reccomendations in that book , to help myself and others, i cared about.With repeated success . But it was just offered as a helpful suggestion as you asked in the opening of this thread . Please pardon the suggestion , if you found it offensive. :oops:
( have studied herbs and natural type application of vitamin and supplements for most if my life)
one of my special interests over the years .

where ever you go ,there you are