Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:23 am

I once was out running in the woods and I stumbled into a traveller's camp where I was immediately surrounded by aggressive looking dogs. One of them bit me. I hold no grudges against the dog. It's always the owners fault.

I love dogs and in general they seem to like me.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:33 am

DuckHairback wrote:
It's always the owners fault..

Agreed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 10:01 pm

speaking of owners at fault, i was walking one day through my neighborhood when a slavering mutt charged at me, and its owner in the background distinctly said "sick 'em." glad i had my pepper spray with me. but if i woulda had to use it against the cur, i likely would have had to confront the owner as well for sicking his dog on me.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 10:10 pm

A friend of mine was jogging, and got bitten by a Police dog. The handler was shouting "stop" but she thought he was only talking to the dog, not warning her about it being confused. They could have been in a lot of trouble.
The owner is responsible for the dog, and "at fault" but that does not mean that they actually had control. Lawmakers consider dogs the most volatile and potentially destructive animal commonly kept.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 12:21 am

I have never been attacked by dogs, only chased after or jumped on. I have even been tripped by one too. But my dad has been bit by one and he could have pressed charges or just simply leave the house and not finish his work there. Lot of dogs I have seen were friendly but we had a dog that lived down the street from us and she was aggressive because she always barked viciously at us. There was always a fence so she never got me. The owners were always coming out and shouting at her to stop it. Then they moved. My younger brother was also but by a poodle when he was a toddler because our next door neighbors had a mean little vicious dog and they always had it outside on the leash in their front yard. I always avoided that dog by not being on the side walk next to their house. Then they moved and these two people moved in and they had a yellow Lab and she was nice. Her name was Kate. Then they also moved after living there for 3 years.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.