Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:23 am

This made me laugh because I actually do growl

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 4:07 am

My mom did and I'm pretty sure she was an aspie. When I was little I copied it. But my older brother got me to not do that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 4:50 am

I still growl like a Wolfman at 60 years old.

I also meow

Sometimes, I do both in combination.

I also howl.

I used to whoop like an ape when I played Oohkee Kenookee, the Australopithecus/early man character I made up. He was sort of the Missing Link.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 12:10 pm

I don't think that I full-on growl, but I unintentionally make a sort of similar noise when I'm really frustrated and angry.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 12:14 pm

Marr wrote:
I use to snarl and growl like a dog when I was really young. In year 4 upwards I changed to hissing like a cat. These days I mostly meow or purr and bat my head against my mother to show affection like a cat. But when I'm in extreme times of stress is hiss or otherwise make some sort of shrieking animal sound. During these times I have to have so much self restraint because I feel the urge to bite but I make sure I don't

I don't do that anymore. But sometimes when I'm annoyed I snap my teeth and make a short hiss.

I do the head bunting thing to people, too. I picked it up from imitating my cats as a kid and now I just do it. lol

I also get the urge to bite something when I'm really angry. I don't bite anything now, but when I was a toddler I bit people a couple times. 8O

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 12:35 pm

Yes I growl and roar. I make a lot of random noises from echolalia.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 12:44 pm

I make a lot of weird noises and they include a lot of harsh, loud frustrated sounds.
Or d'oh, which is to say <frustrated grunt>.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 5:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I still growl like a Wolfman at 60 years old.

I also meow

Sometimes, I do both in combination.

I also howl.

I used to whoop like an ape when I played Oohkee Kenookee, the Australopithecus/early man character I made up. He was sort of the Missing Link.

I've made ape/monkey noises my entire life because primates have always been a big interest of mine, and I liked imitating animals. Ape noises are honestly one of my favourite noises to make because they're so easy and funny. :lol:

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2021, 8:12 pm

I used to hiss when angry. When injured I also sometimes make an inhuman screech.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 9:23 pm

I don't growl at people, but I do at things, when they're being unnecessarily annoying.

Like if something rolls off a counter top, or my laces tie themselves in a knot when I'm late, or a pen leaks, or something gets splashed with water that really shouldn't, or I can't open something, or I can't find my keys, or the tape sticks to itself, or a log-in fails to work.

Those of a religious bent would probably argue that I am effectively growling at fate, and therefore the weird and wonderful workings of our Lord. And if that's true, I have only one question:

Why IS everything so f*****g awkward?

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:36 pm

I can't tell my emotions too well. They're quite suppressed most of the time. I sing a lot, though. I can burst into songs that always suit the situation, like a character in a Disney musical or something. :D Without music I don't always feel properly. My family is used to me and don't say anything if I just start singing. I just did four songs and a piece of opera at my grandma's funeral a couple weeks ago and nobody batted an eye. :)

I think growling is quite a natural expression especially in men.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Oct 2021, 10:07 am

..DMX

8)

RIP

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 4:18 pm

When my brother was a toddler in a stroller and a bus driver started driving away when my Mom and I were on the bus but hadn't gotten him on yet, my Mom growled at him. Only time I've heard her growl, but it was pretty much the angriest I've seen her get.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 9:49 pm

Earlier today I hissed to express my opinion on a subject and my ASD BFF "replied" with an empathetic hiss. My takeaway from the exchange: we were agreed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 7:05 pm

I growl quietly when I'm angry. If someone says something that I don't like, or I'm tired of the stagnant state of the world, I growl once I'm alone.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 9:33 pm

I growl under my breath when I'm annoyed at something.