Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2021, 9:48 pm

I have explained in this video content how is it common for autistic individuals to have that animal connection from their own household pets to any existing animals out in the wild. Even animal\human cartoon depictions like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse could also fit in the equation.

Talking about animals or even obsessing over animals can become a fun filled conversation to share and compare.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 10:30 pm

I had a real heavy connection with my cat when I had them.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 10:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I had a real heavy connection with my cat when I had them.

I do too. :heart:

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 11:08 pm

Who doesnt love Pussycats.

I love them. True story.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 12:56 am

I think cats are the best. We have two young cats - black male Kira and ginger and white male Rowan. They're very timid cats but they show affection to me and my flatmate.

Kira was a stray who turned up one day eating our cat's food. He was so thin and small and we have no idea where he came from.

Rowan was a foster kitten that my sister told me about. As soon as I saw a picture of him, I fell in love. I bought him immunised, sterilised and microchipped.

Both cats are due soon for their yearly vet checkup.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 1:16 am

Pets throughout my life:

I've had a cat every day of my life. I've never gone a day without being a cat owner, although I guess when I was away at school my cat stayed home with my parents. I can think of fourteen different cats off the top of my head but I'd need a pen to double check. :cat: In my childhood I also had two birds and a bunny. I wasn't allowed to get a dog until I moved out, but I've had six dogs since then, plus scores of hamsters, large aquaria of fish (maybe 40-50 over time -- all with names), and even hermit crabs.

Right now I have two cats, a kitten, and a dog. It's crazy expensive and time-consuming for vet bills, individual diets and all of their needs, but I can't imagine life without animals.

They make so much more sense than human beings ever will.

Dandansson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2021, 3:58 am

yet another stereotype?
It is true that we have connection to animated beings or inanimate objects but people think that all us should be animal persons. I am not an animal person at all.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 6:59 am

I have processing struggles that keep me from watching or understanding videos or anything in "real time" but I do read and interact with animals fluently. Wish I could say the same for humans. I think words spoken get in the way ( I have audio as well as visual processing problems)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson