Your Whackiest Special Interest in Adulthood??

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm

I don't mean obsessions over things that NTs are interested in like Harry Potter, a band, a type of literature, makeup, a type of animal, a TV show, shoes, a particular war, a type of natural disaster, etc.

I'm talking about WHACKY, REALLY WEIRD, ESOTERIC special interests. In adulthood.

Some of mine: wood chipper deaths, elevator crush deaths, fatal pedestrian-motor vehicle collisions caught on tape, mental hospitals and mental patients, huge ponytails, thick long braids, birds crashing into windows, and boxers being knocked out and seizing.

Can anyone here beat this "weirdness"?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 4:39 pm

Quote:
I don't mean obsessions over things that NTs are interested in like Harry Potter, a band, a type of literature, makeup, a type of animal, a TV show, shoes, a particular war, a type of natural disaster, etc

Points for being an Aspie who knows that NTs have interests in things other than sport. :cheers:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 5:47 pm

This is more of an extension of another special interest (anatomy and biology/anthropology) instead of being an SI itself, but I'd like to eventually acquire a couple human skulls (there are skulls sold online that were previously used for research, anatomy classes, etc.) and collect prepared specimens of other animals. It's not actually that weird since I've seen NT people do that, but I don't mention it often because most people still do find it weird and concerning. I'm already odd enough without coming across as a straight up potential serial killer. lol

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 10:48 pm

Elgee wrote:
I don't mean obsessions over things that NTs are interested in like Harry Potter, a band, a type of literature, makeup, a type of animal, a TV show, shoes, a particular war, a type of natural disaster, etc.

I'm talking about WHACKY, REALLY WEIRD, ESOTERIC special interests. In adulthood.

Some of mine: wood chipper deaths, elevator crush deaths, fatal pedestrian-motor vehicle collisions caught on tape, mental hospitals and mental patients, huge ponytails, thick long braids, birds crashing into windows, and boxers being knocked out and seizing.

Howbout, not deaths caused by woodchippers, but ...the use of woodchippers to dispose of murder victims? :D

A guy did that once. Froze his wife in a freezer, and then fed her then stiff body into a woodchipper, and then disposed of the tiny pieces in the woods around a river. Did the chipping in the dead of night in the mid winter in New England. A truck driver was stopped at a traffic light, and noticed "there is guy running a woodchipper...hey ...why is a guy running a woodchipper at 3 am on the coldest night in the year?"

Last edited by naturalplastic on 28 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 10:56 pm

I was obsessed about violent kids for a while except the only thing is it was always upsetting me because I was always seeing the parents being blamed for their child being abusive and blaming them when they stand up for themselves by sending them away and then the kid blames them for it. Dr. Phil has done a trend of showing these stuff on his show.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:28 am

Jigger popping, pimple popping and toenail fungus videos.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 6:59 am

daughter loves watching people vomit. Loves pimple popping videos,
I love anything to do with skeletons, bones, mummified/frozen mammoths and other animals, including humans from melting snow such as in the alps and siberia. (otzi et al)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 5:04 pm

I'm also obsessed with wrinkles now and any fine lines in the skin from years of facial movement. I even look close at my kids faces now for any lines and notice some near my son's mouth and that vertical line on my daughter's cheek where she slept and the skin had been pressed together for so long it left a little mark. I also like to zoom in on photos online and look for any pore and fine line in the skin.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

starrytigress
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2022, 7:02 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Jigger popping, pimple popping and toenail fungus videos.

Greetings my fellow Pop-a-holic!! !

starrytigress
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2022, 7:03 pm

autisticelders wrote:
I love anything to do with skeletons, bones, mummified/frozen mammoths and other animals, including humans from melting snow such as in the alps and siberia. (otzi et al)

Have you heard of the recent show on the Science Channel called Secret in the Ice? It's about weird crazy things we're finding all over the world because of rising temperatures. It's fascinating, but also kinda sad in a way. (I live in America by the way, just in case this isn't relevant to where you live)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 7:05 pm

autisticelders wrote:

Even though I have severe emetophobia, I still like watching people vomit on videos (I think this is a form of exposure therapy). The trouble is, I can't find many videos of people vomiting on YouTube any more. It just consists or a load of silly drunk lunatics when I much prefer small children with stomach bugs.

starrytigress
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2022, 7:08 pm

My Little Pony. My Little Pony forever, I have loved them since I was 2. And WWII era airplanes, my favorite is the Gruman F4F Hellcat. I love folklore and paranormal stuff. Shih-Tzus, I've loved the breed every since we adopted Peppy. I am also a pop-a-holic. I find it weirdly relaxing, and I also kinda wonder if Youtube had existed when I was in middle school (showing my age here) when I cystic-nodular acne if I would have picked at my own acne less.
And here lately I've had a weird obsession with WWI (I blame Sabaton) and I've been looking into a lot of information about it, especially gas warfare (the most feared weapon but, ironically, the least lethal of all others).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 7:16 pm

I sometimes listen to burping/hiccuping videos on YouTube. NOT a special interest but more of a fetish.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 7:22 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Elgee wrote:

Howbout, not deaths caused by woodchippers, but ...the use of woodchippers to dispose of murder victims? :D

A guy did that once. Froze his wife in a freezer, and then fed her then stiff body into a woodchipper, and then disposed of the tiny pieces in the woods around a river. Did the chipping in the dead of night in the mid winter in New England. A truck driver was stopped at a traffic light, and noticed "there is guy running a woodchipper...hey ...why is a guy running a woodchipper at 3 am on the coldest night in the year?"

Well that is disturbing...was he the one who killed his wife? Or did she just die on her own and for some reason he decided not to report her death?

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 7:31 pm

Feedee cam girls/BBWs - the subculture is interesting

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2022, 10:30 pm

Joe90 wrote:
autisticelders wrote:

Even though I have severe emetophobia, I still like watching people vomit on videos (I think this is a form of exposure therapy). The trouble is, I can't find many videos of people vomiting on YouTube any more. It just consists or a load of silly drunk lunatics when I much prefer small children with stomach bugs.

Try goregrish.com It has a category called "Medical Images and Videos" It's an uncensored site full of gore images and videos. But you have to sign on to be a member to see anything. Has forums. You can also ask if anyone knows of any good vomit videos.