Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2022, 1:05 am

I was wondering if this is a Aspergers related issue? for example I have always liked watching Married With Children and The Honeymooners by myself or with my dog. I feel relaxed and imagine different scenarios and scripts for episodes, how crossover shows would go, but I noticed it happens more when I am stressed or overstimulated

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2022, 7:47 am

Do you consider this to be an actual issue? I've always imagined writing different kind of scripts in my own head. I'm less creative when I'm stressed though.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2022, 3:58 pm

I don't consider a issue I have read that it's possibly a Asperger's trait, I do get stressed and overstimulated after a while though in life

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 1:47 pm

"Theme for an Imaginary Western" is a piece of music with a surprising number of covers on YouTube. It had long been my favourite track on an obscure album. However, I don't watch TV. There are plenty of eyes on that, and things are not getting better for it. I've worked behind the camera, and most of the interesting stuff gets filtered out before you see it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 2:53 pm

Dear_one wrote:
"Theme for an Imaginary Western" is a piece of music with a surprising number of covers on YouTube. It had long been my favourite track on an obscure album.

Oh yeah.

Jack Bruce. Best known as the bass player in "Cream" (along with drummer Ginger Baker, and guitarist Eric Clapton). He created that song after leaving Cream and went solo. Heard a live recording of him doing it at Woodstock, but its hard to hear the words so I couldnt follow his proposed storyline for this imaginary western. Will hafta revisit the song on Utube now that you have reminded of the song.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 3:08 pm

^ I first heard it on the Mountain album.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 5:09 pm

Found the lyrics online.

The song may have a cool sound, but the lyrics are confusing.

It starts with covered wagons which implies that he is singing about pioneer families heading west to settle.

But then it becomes clear that that is NOT the story at all. That he is singing about wild cowboys making their seasonal round trip cattle drives to the northeast to sell the cattle at the eastern railheads. But then he never mentions herds of cattle.

Sorry but I cant figure out who the protagonists in the story are supposed to be. A pity because he wastes a lot of very poetic imagery on this confused tale. :)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 5:27 pm

I recently saw a learned discussion of how a Joni Mitchell song was a kind response to a Neil Young song. I'd never followed either story line at all. I think that poetry was our best method or recording information before writing, since an error in any detail can probably be corrected by restoring the rhyme and rhythm. However, it is so limiting to the composition that the sense can be lost.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 7:21 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I recently saw a learned discussion of how a Joni Mitchell song was a kind response to a Neil Young song. I'd never followed either story line at all. I think that poetry was our best method or recording information before writing, since an error in any detail can probably be corrected by restoring the rhyme and rhythm. However, it is so limiting to the composition that the sense can be lost.

Young's song "Sugar Mountain" and Michelle's answer song "The Circle Game". Sugar mountain is easy to get the gist of. Michelle's takes some patience to listen to. Havent given her song a thorough listen. Young's is not a 'story' with 'characters', but a poetic meditation on growing up. Mitchel's is about the same topic, though does start with a story about a child catching dragonflies.

Fun fact: Neil Young later inspired another 'answer song'. His hit "Southern Man" inspired, or angered, Ronnie Van Zandt ,to answer it with Skynyrd's even bigger hit "Sweet Home Alabama".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 3:09 am

Movies occasionally. Not usually TV.

But there is one exception. Some years ago I watched a few episodes of "the Twilight Saga". Have since developed a number of fanfic versions in my head (The Twilight Saga itself was originally fanfic for something else, I forget what). I had a love-hate relationship with the absurd Saga of Kristin Stewart as a highschool girl torn between a vampire and warewolf as lovers.

In my hate mode I would compose stories to make fun of it, or ... to use it a vehicle of satire of society. Like use it to make fun of the American nations longstanding tension between the native born, and immigrants. A longstanding tension made worse in the Trump years. According to the Twilight Saga Vampires are like White people (came over on ships from Europe), but American Warewolves are all ethnic First Nations folks (American Indian, Native American, whatever you wanna call em). So in my version: after a long series of fights the warewolves and the vampires gang up and unite against...the NEW wave of immigrants...zombies! Zombies originated in Haitain voodoo. So zombies could be a metaphor for the new wave of brown immigrants from the Caribbean and Latin America. This land belongs to AMERICAN monsters! :lol:

And guess what! A major political candidate recently actually talked about 'vampires and warewolves" in a speech! So the reality of American politics is already overtaking the fantasy in my political satire fanfic! :lol:

In my generous moods (when I would admit to myself that I too get caught up in the dreamy romantic erotic tone of the show) instead of making fun it I would stay in the spirt of Twilight but tweek it. Make Twilight a metaphor for neurodiversity. The warewolf guy in the love triangle has many ADHD traits. And the vampires have some vaguely aspie traits. So in my version I would make the vampires more aspie so the two kinds of creatures become metaphors. That way the story would become a metaphor about a young lady attracted to two neurodiverse guys. In the end she doesnt actually 'become' a vampire but comes to realize that she was always a vampire (ie always an aspie) and would join the aspie/vampire lover and community.