Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 7:09 pm

I could take 3 days of being hungry more than I could take 3 seconds of being thirsty. My mother always thought I was diabetic but all the tests always came back negative.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:49 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
I could take 3 days of being hungry more than I could take 3 seconds of being thirsty. My mother always thought I was diabetic but all the tests always came back negative.

I couldn't, I need both BUT I am desperately thirsty most of the time. Like you I've had the fasting blood test but it came back normal, even though just by one point, which was annoying. Doctors have never taken me seriously about my blood sugar/ whatever it is.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 2:58 pm

Well for myself, I've always mystified a great many neurotypicals, as often when others can very hungry and look to me; making the inquiry, " Are you not hungry as well?" Well, often I'm not necessarily hungry like other people, in that I don't actually feel hunger from my internal sensory; if this makes any sense at for this is something I've had to deal with for centuries..

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 11:45 am

longshot wrote:
Well for myself, I've always mystified a great many neurotypicals, as often when others can very hungry and look to me; making the inquiry, " Are you not hungry as well?" Well, often I'm not necessarily hungry like other people, in that I don't actually feel hunger from my internal sensory; if this makes any sense at for this is something I've had to deal with for centuries..

Centuries? Are you immortal? Or did you mean something else?

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 11:56 am

KitLily wrote:
longshot wrote:

Centuries? Are you immortal? Or did you mean something else?[/quote

I was simply comical, many apologies..

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:24 pm

longshot wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Centuries? Are you immortal? Or did you mean something else?

I was simply comical, many apologies..

Oh that's a relief. I thought you may be a vampire! :lol: I thought I'd wandered onto a forum for vampires!

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 9:29 pm

KitLily wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:

I couldn't, I need both BUT I am desperately thirsty most of the time. Like you I've had the fasting blood test but it came back normal, even though just by one point, which was annoying. Doctors have never taken me seriously about my blood sugar/ whatever it is.

My brother is a doctor and he's always saying I should drink MORE water. I've heard from other doctors that most people don't really drink as much water as they should.

When I was a child, it wasn't really against the rules, but kind of looked down upon to bring a water bottle to school with you. I was never allowed to leave the room to refill mine and the teachers (especially his one substitute ALL the kids referred to behind her back as "The Witch") loved to harass me about how I gulped as opposed to sipped like I "should".

A few years later after I had been pulled out and homeschooled and graduated I was at the store during back to school season. I found a list of supplies needed for the school I used to attend and noticed that a sturdy, reusable water bottle was one of the supplies teachers wanted the students to have...in EVERY grade too.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 9:43 pm

I seem fairly resistant to the usual hunger drives, barely noticing anything till I've been without food all day till about 4 in the afternoon. I always put it down to being intensely focussed on other things, but I don't know quite why it is. It's quite good because it means I enjoy my food when I do eat and don't have to watch my weight so I can pig out without coming to any great harm, as long as I don't do it too often.

I don't know about thirst because I drink tea almost all the time as some kind of stim or comfort thing. But I've not felt particularly thirsty when I've not been able to do that for a few hours.