Page 3 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,807
Location: Outter Quadrant

14 Jun 2024, 12:37 pm

Thank you it has been a long time since ,i wrote anything about him ..Dunne ..?


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 27,173
Location: Right over your left shoulder

14 Jun 2024, 12:41 pm

Goody's Dash Series, Kelly American Challenge and other forgotten silhouette racing series.


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
Boredom is counterrevolutionary.


SammyG
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 14 Jun 2024
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
Location: UK

14 Jun 2024, 3:37 pm

Elgee wrote:
LittleBeach wrote:
I like looking at bits of rubbish at the side of the road/footpath (crisp packets and drink cans etc). I look but don’t touch and I don’t tell anyone I find this interesting!


This sounds similar to when I was in grade school (I don't know how long this lasted), but I had somewhat of an intrigue with shoe heels if they were worn down. I'd always check out someone's shoes (men, women, kids, whatever, as ALL non-sneaker shoes have some degree of heel that's worn down unless the shoe is brand new). I got a kick how worn down heels looked, especially if they were really worn down. Weird, I know.


Same. I like to consider people's pronation depending on their sole wear. I have learnt people don't care or understand if you mention it so now I just keep schtum



PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 May 2016
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,469
Location: Yorkshire, UK

14 Jun 2024, 8:08 pm

Harmonie wrote:
Early music (like medieval music, Renaissance music and even some earlier) and also historical/ancient woodwind instruments are both pretty niche. Even among classical music communities that's pretty niche. So niche that there's practically no pre-Classical (18th century) music scene in my current area. (That's changing when I move! :cheers: )

I could go off on these subjects for quite some time, especially the history of woodwind instruments! Alas... Pretty niche subject that not even many classical musicians care to hear about. lol


I took up playing tenor recorder a few years ago, and it sent me down the early woodwind rabbit-hole a bit. Shawms, crumhorns, dulcians, racketts, chalumeaus... not an area of music I'd thought much about before. I still just play recorder, though. Badly.


_________________
You're so vain
I bet you think this sig is about you


PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 May 2016
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,469
Location: Yorkshire, UK

14 Jun 2024, 8:11 pm

SammyG wrote:
Elgee wrote:
LittleBeach wrote:
I like looking at bits of rubbish at the side of the road/footpath (crisp packets and drink cans etc). I look but don’t touch and I don’t tell anyone I find this interesting!


This sounds similar to when I was in grade school (I don't know how long this lasted), but I had somewhat of an intrigue with shoe heels if they were worn down. I'd always check out someone's shoes (men, women, kids, whatever, as ALL non-sneaker shoes have some degree of heel that's worn down unless the shoe is brand new). I got a kick how worn down heels looked, especially if they were really worn down. Weird, I know.


Same. I like to consider people's pronation depending on their sole wear. I have learnt people don't care or understand if you mention it so now I just keep schtum


I've got the slight problem that the orthopaedic insoles I need to walk make my shoe-heels wear down really fast on the outer sides. Drives me up the wall.


_________________
You're so vain
I bet you think this sig is about you


traven
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 30 Sep 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,600

15 Jun 2024, 1:04 am

silly things as:
(naked) short selling, phages, anaerobic organism, internetz(astroturf, water army, swarm behaviour, swarm intelligence, agenda setting theory, etc), hortus conclusus and throw a cyanobacterium at it, or any cell
Image
Image
the great oxidation event (and-or biotechnologies)
or
from the yellow emperor, three sovereigns and five emp to fuxi&nuwa
Image



Harmonie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2024
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 244
Location: New England

15 Jun 2024, 5:48 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Harmonie wrote:
Early music (like medieval music, Renaissance music and even some earlier) and also historical/ancient woodwind instruments are both pretty niche. Even among classical music communities that's pretty niche. So niche that there's practically no pre-Classical (18th century) music scene in my current area. (That's changing when I move! :cheers: )

I could go off on these subjects for quite some time, especially the history of woodwind instruments! Alas... Pretty niche subject that not even many classical musicians care to hear about. lol


I took up playing tenor recorder a few years ago, and it sent me down the early woodwind rabbit-hole a bit. Shawms, crumhorns, dulcians, racketts, chalumeaus... not an area of music I'd thought much about before. I still just play recorder, though. Badly.


That's so neat!! With my graduation money I bought a tenor recorder. I had really come to appreciate the recorder from early music I listened to. It's a gorgeous instrument when played right. Sadly, the tenor recorder's holes stretch my hands out too much and it hurts. I would love to come back to it someday and hopefully get over that.

I got to play a crumhorn. It's a really cool instrument! It was so neat to get to play it. I'd love to own one someday. Lol. I didn't say it in that post above, but I've collected a lot of woodwind (and some brass) instruments. I own almost a wind ensemble's worth of instruments (one of each for the most part, though). lol. Sadly, my foray into early instruments hasn't happened, as finances got tighter. I ALMOST got a Baroque oboe at IDRS a couple of years ago, but sadly, I didn't have enough to make that purchase. :cry: I did get to play Baroque oboe in the Baroque band thing they did, though and it was amazing!

Someday I want a Baroque oboe, along with earlier instruments like crumhorn, cornamuse, shawm, and rackett. OMG rackett's are so strange. I'm so fascinated by them! I'm glad you've heard of them. I bet you find it interesting, too. If you listen to a recording, you'll find that tiny little instrument holds a super impressive range. It's got some really wild tubing going on inside of it. Such a bizarre but awesome instrument.


_________________
Diagnosed with ADHD, Strongly Suspecting I'm also Autistic


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,331
Location: the island of defective toy santas

15 Jun 2024, 11:46 pm

i would love a contrabass [in C] recorder, preferably a Paetzold square one, they are the easiest to play.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 71,230
Location: Chez Quis

16 Jun 2024, 1:22 am

I really want to know why Paul McCartney stopped looking like, acting like, or singing like Paul McCartney immediately after Revolver in late 1966. I swear it's not him anymore after that. I try to convince myself it is, but it's just not.

I'm not into conspiracy theories and I don't believe he died or anything like that. I'm not going there. I just can't understand why it's blatantly NOT HIM imo, starting at Sgt Pepper's. I can't even look at him. Consciously I compare his facial features and they kind of match but when I put it all together NO, it's not him, and the later Paul makes me cringe.

He even appears to be 2-3" taller than before.

It's major cognitive dissonance and it bugs me, so I keep trying to figure it out.

* I still like the music post-Revolver. I just can't look at him.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,331
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Jun 2024, 6:00 pm

that is really a long-time conspiracy theory that paul 'blew his mind out in a car" accident in 1967 and since then an actor was recruited who was in effect his doppelganger.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,738
Location: temperate zone

16 Jun 2024, 8:21 pm

Yeah we had the "Paul McCartney is dead" thing back in the late Sixties when I was in Jr. High.

And the current generation thinks that after some point Avril Lavigne was permanently replaced by an imposter for the last several years.

Never saw much convincing evidence for either. Havent even thought about the McCartney thing for half of a century.

Am amazed that Isabella has a visceral reaction against post-Revolver Paul. I do know that Paul was always tall. Bigger than the other three even before his supposed demise and replacement by this 'two to three inches taller' later Paul.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 71,230
Location: Chez Quis

16 Jun 2024, 8:35 pm

Early Paul wasn't taller.
The three of them (minus Ringo) were all listed as being 5'10-5'11 ish.


Image

Image


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 71,230
Location: Chez Quis

16 Jun 2024, 8:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that is really a long-time conspiracy theory that paul 'blew his mind out in a car" accident in 1967 and since then an actor was recruited who was in effect his doppelganger.



That was his friend, Guinness heir Tara Browne.


Image


Image


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 71,230
Location: Chez Quis

16 Jun 2024, 9:10 pm

1967 -


The same time they stopped all public appearances and gigs.
The same time they stopped singing harmony / sharing mics.
The same time they started fighting.
The same time he broke up with Jane.
The same time George took off to India to pray.


Image


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 71,230
Location: Chez Quis

16 Jun 2024, 9:34 pm

Up to 1966 with Jane


Image

Image




After Revolver - Right before they split up


Image

Image

Image


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,212
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

16 Jun 2024, 10:24 pm

Back in the 90s I had a toy called a Yak Bakwards, which you could use to record your voice and play it backwards or forwards. If you said "Dead Zee All" and played it backwards, it sounded like "Paul is dead".