Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LosFrida
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jun 2009, 11:52 pm

I'm going to a neuropsychologist at the beginning of Augest for an Asperger's assessment. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to exepect. The letter I go in the mail said the assessment could be anywhere from 4-6 hours but gave no other details.

Also, is there anything in particular I should bring with me? I have a journal with 30 odd pages of notes I've made while reading about AS- I plan to take this along. I want to be as well prepared as possible, but can't at the moment think of anything else that would be helpful (I burned all my report cards).

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 1:36 am

I don't think you have to do much to prepare.. maybe if there are some things you don't know about how you acted when you were a kid, try and find that out.

I got diagnosed when I was younger so the tests and things might be different, but I remember a lot of weird questions... like on one written test I was asked if superman was real. It's not a trick question, so don't say yes if you get that, LOL. (I wasn't sure..) And just a lot of simple questions about, I dunno, what I liked to do and what I was scared of and stuff.
I was also made to do a lot of puzzles, and play some games, and draw pictures of people and houses and stuff. And point to dots on a screen as quickly as I could. It's all pretty basic stuff that just shows the guy how you think. But I really don't know if you'll do any of those things specifically.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 1:39 am

write down as much of your childhood as you can. development behavior everything. ask parents/guardians etc.

LosFrida
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jun 2009, 8:39 pm

Thank you both. I'll be sure to find out as much as I can.