Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 12:28 pm

I'm not talking planning trips etc. but say you are riding with someone you have your house keys out 5 miles from your house or you go into a store or place to eat and 30 minutes before you are supposed to pay you have your credit card out. My older sister Erica said "it's strange" :-( I mention I don't want to be like those people on commercials etc. fumbling for keys or a credit card/cash so I come prepared. I put my keys back in my purse then fumbled when we pulled in the driveway. She says you are supposed to do that when you get to the door. IMO Why??? I don't like that stereotype of fumbling for keys/cash/credit card IMO why not have it ready when you KNOW you are going to USE it!! !! Anyone else do this? Thanks.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 12:45 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I'm not talking planning trips etc. but say you are riding with someone you have your house keys out 5 miles from your house or you go into a store or place to eat and 30 minutes before you are supposed to pay you have your credit card out. My older sister Erica said "it's strange" :-( I mention I don't want to be like those people on commercials etc. fumbling for keys or a credit card/cash so I come prepared. I put my keys back in my purse then fumbled when we pulled in the driveway. She says you are supposed to do that when you get to the door. IMO Why??? I don't like that stereotype of fumbling for keys/cash/credit card IMO why not have it ready when you KNOW you are going to USE it!! !! Anyone else do this? Thanks.

I do it. I'll wander round with wallet in one hand. and keys in another. it drives my wife nuts and she usually insists on putting the wallet in her hand bag. I feel like something is missing until it's returned.

I also have to check at least 3 times before leaving anywhere that I have everything (keys, wallet, phone, iPod, nicotine gum, sunglasses and brain). Although this is becoming a very strong ritual, it's a very practical one.

Jason

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 12:47 pm

Yes.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 1:11 pm

Thanks! I have to make sure I have everything and am ready to go as well. Hat/sunglasses (if it's going to be sunny) jacket (if it's going to be cold) purse/money etc. :-) Glad I'm not the only one. Does it bother you that someone else you know finds it strange/weird/not normal or something? It bothers me since I feel bad chalk it up to another behavior that my family doesn't like along with all the others etc. :-(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 5:12 pm

I also like to plan ahead in that manner and nobody's ever said anything to me about it.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 5:51 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also like to plan ahead in that manner and nobody's ever said anything to me about it.

^^This^^

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 6:19 pm

I do too. Don't see the problem really, I like been prepared, organised, ready. You are going to need them out anyway.

Better than for a female tipping they purse out & finding out they're in they coat pocket. Same with a guy who does not know what pocket he stuck his card in.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 12:43 am

I do. For instance, when I run a bunch of errands, I usually think several hours or a day ahead what mode of transportation to use, the stops I need to make, my route, what I need to bring with me (I pack it away then and there so I don't forget), and so on. I keep my wallet and such in the same place so I know where it is at all times, and right before I leave I do the pocket pat-down: wallet, keys, phone, iPod and earbuds (you never know when you'll want to listen to music ;) ), rubber "Superball" (for when I need something to play with).