See OP.
AS 44%  44%  [ 20 ]
NT 56%  56%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 45

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 5:05 pm

In another thread, a poster which will not be mentioned made a quite hateful post. Now it is up to you to try to figure out which group the poster is hating, AS or NT, based on this quote alone.

Quote:
Because they don't really care about people or anything else,
[Their] brains wired in such a way that it cannot see the connections between different things so they do not and can not understand the implications of their behaviour
it takes a developed and balanced personality to really get the importance of honesty and it takes a soul to get how critical it is to make real connection with another human being,
[They] don't have a soul so all they can sense is a very short term goals and very fragmented reality where things never add up to anything meaningful so they have no problem in destroying themselves and the others,

Good luck!

Dark_Red_Beloved
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2009, 5:19 pm

What does it matter? Hatred and anger do not discriminate based upon neurology. I'd rather spend my time bringing people together than driving them apart--regardless of who said what.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 5:29 pm

Dark_Red_Beloved wrote:
What does it matter? Hatred and anger do not discriminate based upon neurology. I'd rather spend my time bringing people together than driving them apart--regardless of who said what.

I was just trying to show how stupid and ill-thought some of these 'I hate group X' posts are. Can you honestly, without knowing where it came from, figure out which group this post is targetted against? Seriously, it's a sort of vitriolic generalisation that could be spewed towards both NT and AS.

My intent with this thread was not to drive people apart, quite the opposite in fact.

TonyFremont
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jul 2009, 5:43 pm

Henriksson wrote:
I was just trying to show how stupid and ill-thought some of these 'I hate group X' posts are. Can you honestly, without knowing where it came from, figure out which group this post is targetted against? Seriously, it's a sort of vitriolic generalisation that could be spewed towards both NT and AS.

Hatred makes everything simple. You don't have to understand something to hate it.

Personally I can't think of anything more relaxing than sitting back in a nice chair with a cool drink and hating on some NTs.

Seriously Henriksson, you're preaching to a small choir. It's too bad because you've got something that really needs to be heard.

Last edited by TonyFremont on 02 Jul 2009, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Red_Beloved
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2009, 5:44 pm

Henriksson wrote:
My intent with this thread was not to drive people apart, quite the opposite in fact.

Well then, if we both aspire to bringing people together then we're making the same point--Sorry for the misunderstanding.

:)

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:16 pm

Since this is an Aspie board, I would have to say that odds are that the quote is referring to NT's. I'm not saying that the quote is right or that it applies to only one of these groups but only am pointing out that it is on an Aspie board, so it is reasonable to assume that the person who posted it is talking about neurotypical people.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:34 pm

If this came from any other forum, I'd say it would be hate on Aspies.

Whoever wrote that is childish and terribly immature, not to mention self-absorbed and ignorant.

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2009, 6:45 pm

Sorry to say it, but I think it's targeted towards AS. The way they said it and what they said seems to implies to AS to me. Still, whoever said this is arrogant, and idiot, and a bigot. Kind of the same thing as saying that Jews brought the Great Depression on Germany. Not true and nonsense.

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2009, 6:46 pm

Someone got hurt, badly. And he or she got angry at the entire group for it. I think this is pretty common and not relegated to just NTs or just ASD in general or just AS.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:53 pm

Henriksson wrote:
In another thread, a poster which will not be mentioned made a quite hateful post. Now it is up to you to try to figure out which group the poster is hating, AS or NT, based on this quote alone.

Quote:
Because they don't really care about people or anything else,
[Their] brains wired in such a way that it cannot see the connections between different things so they do not and can not understand the implications of their behaviour
it takes a developed and balanced personality to really get the importance of honesty and it takes a soul to get how critical it is to make real connection with another human being,
[They] don't have a soul so all they can sense is a very short term goals and very fragmented reality where things never add up to anything meaningful so they have no problem in destroying themselves and the others,

Google has not helped me in this matter. When was this? Was this on wrongplanet.net?

Edit: I would also like to mention the fact that my mother and sisters (except maybe one), at least, are neurotypicals. I don't hate NTs, but I do hate the most "outspoken" of them, the ones that I interact with almost constantly. These are the ones who are constantly violating my personal rules intentionally, and the ones that ignore the violation (even if they're supposed to do something about it).

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jul 2009, 7:14 pm

When you have been in the back of the bus for a few decades you won`t be so worried about offending NTs.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 7:15 pm

I wouldn't think it would be any of our NT's here saying this about us here (unless it is a troll). I think it was posted by some NT hater. I know that there are a few of those here. :-(

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 7:26 pm

agmoie wrote:
When you have been in the back of the bus for a few decades you won`t be so worried about offending NTs.

I've been in the back of the bus all of my life, and I am 41.

Trystania
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2009, 7:40 pm

It's venomous trash no matter who it's about but I completely get your point. Take away the AS/NT question and this could be used against any particular group of people. I have heard racist groups spewing similar filth.

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2009, 7:45 pm

agmoie wrote:

Exactly. Nowhere close to the amount of harm can come out of a minority disliking the majority, rather than vice versa. The majority has no true beef in this situation, other than we act "different".

There's too much water under the bridge for me to be doling out forgiveness and understanding anytime soon.

I'm not sure what all this hand wringing is lately around harmonious relations. The world doesn't work like that. I will try to fit in in order to deflect negative attention, but I will hate them every minute of the day for having to do so. That's not a blanket dislike either, as I have met understanding and caring individuals. They're just very rare. As for the rest, they could burn before my eyes and I wouldn't so much as blink.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 7:58 pm

On this board, our NT people are a minority, and I sure don't want to offend them. I like having them around, at least most of them.