Being aware of things before they happen...

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 11:27 am

Are you ever aware of things on some level before they happen? I don't mean like ESP or anything, I don't think I'm psychic and I'm not really into this stuff but I've always been aware of a lot of things on some level, be it weird celebrity incidents (I was just thinking about Britanny Murphy's husband last night and today he was found dead, and it was totally random, I don't read about celebrity gossip or anything. I was just thinking about how creepy he was and that something weird was happening, had no idea what it was) or just when the phone is going to ring and what people are going to say, being able to guess someone's profession after knowing them for about two minutes, etc.

It comes and goes, sometime it's very intense and sometimes it's not present at all but it's been happening since I was a child. I don't think much of it, I just think it's interesting and now wonder if it could be at all related to AS or other ASD disorders.

Anyone else?

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2010, 11:45 am

Yeah, I get that too. I have no idea how or why it happens. :?

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 12:39 pm

I get little things, like having an idea of when the phone is going to ring, or who it'll be. One example being last night before I went upstairs around 8:30, I told my dad, "Say hi to Grandma Rose for me." 10 minutes later, the phone rings, and wouldn't you know it, it was my grandma. Little stuff like that just happens to me. :)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 12:49 pm

Yup, I get little things too, I'll usually just have a random thought then it'll happen the next day or something. Is weird.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 3:17 pm

I'm pretty good at guessing how someone might look by their voice, and how they might sound based on how they look.

"Ross the Intern" threw me for a loop though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 3:19 pm

I was able to predict that my sister and her husband were going to get married, a year before they got married.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 3:28 pm

Usually with traffic accidents...I can tell if a car is going to run a light, or change lanes, or pull into traffic unexpectedly. I gasp and brace myself and if I'm the driver, stomp on the gas. It drives my husband wild when I do things like that, but he has to admit I've warned him off a couple of times. I often know who's on the phone, but not that many people call me -- our mutual friends usually call my husband, so if my phone rings it's usually my mom, my husband, or my supervisor at work!

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 3:34 pm

Yes, and most of it is result of my Terminator-like view of the world. I see little cues that people miss, I connect them together, project them into the future and see where the lines meet.

This applies to driving and just everyday stuff. I once became really annoying about the stairs in the new house my parents moved into, because I interpolated by grandmother's ability to change (close to zero) with the stairs' hazardous upward climb, and came out with a high chance of her injuring herself.

Literally 30 minutes after another time when I warned them about it, and they berated me, grandma fell down the stairs and we had to drive her to ER to get stitches. She fell down because of her inalterable habits of "saving electricity" (descending in the dark) and complete lack of concern for her personal safety (not holding onto the rail).

Predictable? Yes.

Similarly when someone else is driving and I warn them that in about 5 minutes the driver in front of us will be a problem, they berate me, and then 5 minutes later that car in front of us starts to slow down to 5mph and they start throwing s**t at us and yelling.

I pick up the cues. Their driving was slightly erratic, so I extrapolated into what was going on inside the car. The mindset, behavior of the driver. Their age. Their potential future actions.

One side-effect of having AS-like symptoms, is that due to inability to function organically, we develop high ability to calculate intersection of future events.