Page 1 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2005, 9:44 am

We need all of the help we can get.

Time to make Jesus Christ an honorary aspie. He is very qualified, and being Jewish and Christian too, covers a lot of demographic ground.

1. Clear lack of awareness of social boundaries. Who else would disappear for eighteen years, come back and expect to immediately be hired as Messiah with an eighteen year gap in his resume?

2. Behavior as twelve-year old, wandering off from parents and talking with scholars at Temple; how like a little aspie professor.

3. Intense, narrow interests: Other than capentry, what else did he talk about but philosophy?

4. Lots of savant skills.

5. Pedantic Speech: More of a lecturer than a listener.

6. Unique communication style; preferred parables to giving direct answers to questions.

7. Special interest in capentry appropriate for many of us.

8. No apparent girlfriend, wife or really any friends. Just a fan club.
Hung out with known hookers and other outcasts.

Come on down, JC, and join your earthly aspie community!

Jerry Newport

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 10:04 am

LOL!

I hope people can take this in the spirit you meant. Otherwise it's gonna end up in the PP& R forum.

(ummm....you did mean this in a humorous way, didn't you?)

Bee

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 10:06 am

Quote:

A lot of bad stuff will happen with that 2nd coming, so I would rather not invite christ to our party :wink:

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 10:17 am

Quote:

Yes, my son. Now, where's the keg?

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2005, 10:22 am

Jesus' disciples where his freinds not his fan club. he IS the son of God. if God had decided that his son should skow apise quiltays it would be cos christions "dare to be different". i don't agree with British normatiy cos it gos angansts the ways of God. cos in britian it is normal to have sex b4 marrge, get druk weekly, and genarly go ansienst the ways of God. Jesus IS prefect. he is IS the olny prefect being that has walked this earth. the ppl that say we have AS don't understand differences like God does. he still cares bout us and loves us even though we have AS.
God bless
fiona

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 10:32 am

Quote:
i don't agree with British normatiy cos it gos angansts the ways of God. cos in britian it is normal to have sex b4 marrge, get druk weekly, and genarly go ansienst the ways of God

A fine argument for converting everyone to Islam and establishing a fundamentalist theocracy in the UK :P

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 11:05 am

Is that saying Jesus was an Aspie? Or are we Aspies merely Godlike?????? Hmmmm? Interesting...

(Sorry, Ghosthunter. Stole your "Hmmm?" for the day ;) )

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2005, 11:35 am

Of course he was (allthough I am not religious). For everyone to identify with him he would also have to be afro-american and gay, right? Or so I've heard.

I am also glad to hear that british people drink every week. That just makes everyone else sound so perfect. Like me...

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 12:00 pm

To further boost your feelings of perfection, behold some of our Glaswegian denizens - http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/gallery/gallery1.html

They're truly masters of drinking.

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2005, 12:46 pm

I am not saying i'm prefect cos i'm not only God is. I love God and obey him and live for him. i try to follow his ways as much as possable. i don't think it is rite to boycott british society just cos i don't agree with it. i "dare to be different" in the way i live my life.
God Bless
Fiona

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2005, 1:09 pm

BeeBee wrote:
LOL!

I hope people can take this in the spirit you meant. Otherwise it's gonna end up in the PP& R forum.

(ummm....you did mean this in a humorous way, didn't you?)

Bee

Semi-humorous. Like somebody else said, Jesus is theoretically part of every kind of person so why not aspie, too? I am not a fan of retro-diagnosis so it is the ultimate logical extension of that foolishness to try to make JC and other religious celebrities, aspies too.

Now, somebody said Jesus's desciples were his friends? Sure, they were, as long as he was a hot item. The minute he was in deep ****, they booked. But once he "came back", they decided to found a permanent fan club that has lasted a lot longer than that of the Beatles or any other I know of.

Jerry Newport

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2005, 1:42 pm

how can u call it a fan club? christians have a relienship with God and Jesus, there4 we r his freinds not his fan. if we where his fans we wouldn't talk 2 him as often as most/all Christians do.
God Bless
Fiona

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2005, 1:54 pm

fionaban wrote:
how can u call it a fan club? christians have a relienship with God and Jesus, there4 we r his freinds not his fan. if we where his fans we wouldn't talk 2 him as often as most/all Christians do.
God Bless
Fiona

OK, I will indulge you even though this is not what the topic was about. My problem with the desciples as portrayed in the bible was that most of them were opportunists who hit the road as soon as it was difficult. That is not real friendship.

By the same token, far too many people are too quick to wear their faith on their sleeve when it is convenient and discard it when things get tough. Religion, in the USA, has replaced patriotism as the last refuge of scoundrels.

But my point is starting this thread was and still is:

In my opinion, Jesus, whether or not he is your Messiah or you even believe he lived etc., displays, as described in the Bible, a lot of traits that are also found in AS, and is just as qualified to be one of us as many of the other people being dug up and recruited into our aspie lodge.

Jerry Newport

So, Fionaband, kindly stick to the thread or rest assured that I will just ignore you :)

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 1:56 pm

Quote:
God Bless
Fiona

It's a matter of perspective. Someone who feels a deep, meaningful connection with something that they identify as friendship is another person's fanboy/girl. What's your take on all those people who feel like they're best friends with Ganesh or Elvis?

I have a naturalistic philosophy which precludes a belief in any religion or other system based on supernatural phenomena, so while your theory for why you feel these things may be that it's because they're real and what they appear to be, my theory is one of human psychology and memetics. I suspect we'll have to agree to disagree though and keep to our respective philosophies. World peace is at stake :P.

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2005, 2:25 pm

those that belive they know elivis, i don't know how 2 take it. all i know elivis isn't God and never will b. i don't kow who Ganesh was/is. i am not saying he didn't or did have AS qualities. if he did thier was a very good reason why. God mighchose to to help others with AS.
God Bless
Fiona

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 2:26 pm

ganesh may well have had AS qualities, as he's part elephant. who knows what goes on in those cunning pachydermal minds...