Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 111

23 Jul 2009, 10:35 pm

anyone know where i can look for one online? mainly with experience with AS as well as everything else. (not sure if I have AS or not)


User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Age: 70
Gender: Female
Posts: 251
Location: Berkeley, CA

25 Jul 2009, 1:53 am

Type in the key words "psychologist" or "psychiatrist" and the name of the city or area you lived in. When the names come up, type in "reviews" which will sometimes give you feedback on those people. Then call one who sounds good. If you have a health insurance plan, find out who handles AS under that plan. For example, my family has Kaiser, which is an HMO. The doctors are good but the therapists are not, and there is only one AS therapist in the area. You could also call the local county mental health department or state health department. or better yet, go directly to their website and get a direct number. They might give you a referral to a low-cost provider.