Page 9 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 2:35 pm

Seanmw wrote:
yeah, people say i look high all the time lol. and i'm like no, it's just my eyes!

Pfff we just don't look high! we are high! :D

I think i have the stony look when i just look normally hehe

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2011, 3:10 pm

Auntey. - You dont mind me calling You that?

Do you mean "guppy-sight"? - I had a classmate in kindergarden, who were operated for that. He told me that it took him around two months to adapt, and afterwards he felt somewhat mounted with blinders.
But it was a bit weird to talk to him, as he'd stand with his head turned sligtly away to see whom he were talking to! - Compared to that i feel lucky!! !

@ All

About "the stare" i'we often been told that i make the persons i talk with unsecure, if i make eyecontact. Several have directly told me they felt i could look right through them. And at the same time i feel wery vulnerable, as i feel they get to close. - Does this sound like something familiar?

Nordlys
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2011, 3:44 pm

Mine

- La diversità è l'elemento principe del mondo -

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 3:48 pm

Hauge wrote:
Auntey. - You dont mind me calling You that?

if it makes you happy, call me that :)

Hauge wrote:
Do you mean "guppy-sight"? - I had a classmate in kindergarden, who were operated for that. He told me that it took him around two months to adapt, and afterwards he felt somewhat mounted with blinders.
But it was a bit weird to talk to him, as he'd stand with his head turned sligtly away to see whom he were talking to! - Compared to that i feel lucky!! !

think of the late comedian Marty Feldman ["Igor" in Young Frankenstein] who looked as though both his eyes were pointed outwards.

Hauge wrote:
About "the stare" i'we often been told that i make the persons i talk with unsecure, if i make eyecontact. Several have directly told me they felt i could look right through them. And at the same time i feel wery vulnerable, as i feel they get to close. - Does this sound like something familiar?

i have been told my lack of appropriate body language [including inappropriate eye gaze] made people feel weirded-out. but i can handle people being too close, as long as they don't have B.O. and it is not too warm.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 5:54 pm

My eyes are very weird:(. Once I was a bit tipsy at a bar talking to a guy about eyes and I said I have weird eyes and he was like 'yeah I noticed, wouldn't have said anything but as you did...' lol! It's really annoying and a lot of the time I just avoid looking at people because I'm conscious of my strange face

kat_ross wrote:
People usually think that I have a weird expression on my face, or that I am staring blankly. I don't know how well you can see my eyes in my profile picture, it's the only one I have at the moment...

I have noticed that whenever I take a picture of myself I have to redo it over and over because I can't get the type of expression on my face that I want. I must have taken 50 pictures in a row before I got this one that I ended up using for my avatar. And I am still not 100 percent satisfied with it. I look at the camera and smile, and then my face ends up looking totally different than I thought it would based on how it felt! And I think it has to do with my eyes, like I can never get them to open enough.

I have this same thing with expressions!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 9:14 pm

Mine can be very intense. People comment on them a lot. Sometimes strangers comment.

Full face:

I have the unfounded suspicion that the shade of blue changes according to my mood...

(I have had a minor eye obsession in the past... I swear I'm not a narcissist :oops: )

Last edited by sunshower on 09 May 2011, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 9:18 pm

^ not digitally enhanced/saturated.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 9:31 pm

Nordlys wrote:
Mine

^ I'm starting to suspect the "aspie eyes" thing could have some validity... I don't think it's external similarities that cause it, I think it's more likely to be thought processing or intensity that can cause the "aspie stare".

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 9:37 pm

I still don't understand what people mean by 'aspie stare'. I've been trying to learn to read eyes, but I'm failing miserably.

One of the many colors my eyes come in. (no idea if I posted in this thread before... too lazy to check lol)

Chama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2011, 9:47 pm

Same for me as everyone else here, lol. I've had many, many people ask if I'm high or just assume I am without asking. I get compliments on my eyes all of the time, and my brother always says he hates when I look at him and ask a favor because my eyes are so sad he can't say no (I use this to my advantage now, haha).

I agree that it's not so much a certain shape or type of eyes, but a deep, contemplative gaze.
I'm usually contemplating something really deeply, anyway, so it makes sense. lmao

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 10:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
katzefrau wrote:
your eyes point in different directions.

i always wondered what things would look like if i could simultaneously make my left eye look far left and my right eye look far-right?

sensory overload, in stereo

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 10:37 pm

also i can't stop thinking of this famous photo of Sharbat Gula (by Steve McCurry)

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2011, 12:10 am

Yeah those eyes really give me the creep! - They're just way to intence!! !

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 9:50 am

Hauge wrote:
Now. What can you get out of these? - Just bring it on... :D

Is this a picture of an Aspie or an NT?

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2011, 11:32 am

People say that I have beautiful eyes, I guess the color of my eyes complements the "zoned out" look that Ive noticed in myself.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 11:49 am

I'm in my 30s, but in my earlier years - up to my diagnosis at 27 when things significantly improved including eye contact and expression - I would get comments that I appeared "not all there" or "zoned out". One time in my teens, I was told by a stupid kid that I look like a "serial killer". 8O Talk about getting hooked on Hollywood stereotypes & sensationalism!! ! :P

There was one time a few years ago, when a female co-worker asked if I understand something she said as to why a certain action might cause confusion to other stakeholders (from their perspective) and I replied 'yes' just to keep the peace despite not really following (this technique seems to be an NT trait as well, BTW!) but she called me on it and said "no, you've got that 'deer' look" (deer in the headlights). I said OK, well could you rephrase it, I think there was a nuance I missed...feeling rather sheepish.

I have been told on more than one occasion that I had an angry look in my eyes, but one of the times was when I blew up at a former roommate (the year before my diagnosis). I screamed at him and told him to stop harassing me you little %#@! - I had about 50 pounds and a few inches up on the guy so despite the meek tendency of Aspies, I let loose without doing anything illegal...and he kept saying that the angry look on my eyes suggested I was going to kill him, and he asked me to calm down. :evil: I had no such intent, but it certainly made me think. It's also been said that anger and sadness tend to be the only two discernible emotions that a typical Aspie displays, I guess it definitely was in my case.