Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jamieg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2009, 11:41 am

i have a easier time to chat with people on the internet than in person and wondering how many others are like this

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Aug 2009, 1:54 pm

will you kindly hand me my snooker stick, its my turn to shoot. this is for the queen!

jamieg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2009, 3:22 pm

that comment has nothing to do with the topic

if you want to be funny then you failed and this is not where to post these things

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 3:34 pm

These days, I like it much better to talk to people in person than on-line. When I first joined a message board 2 years ago, I noticed that it was easier to talk to other people on-line, and I enjoyed its benefits (not having to look people in the eye, having more time to properly formulate a response, etc), but these days I just feel as though something is missing when I'm posting on the message boards I'm a member of (especially the one I visit more frequently than WP). I actually started missing that I could look the other person in the eye.

I sometimes wish I had friends... I've colleagues now, but it's different. And my relatives and I seem to have grown apart.

So off-line interaction for me, please. As to which I find easier, off-line or on-line, I'd honestly have to say off-line nowadays. I don't have a real problem anymore interacting with strangers, store clerks, etc etc, while on-line interaction on forums has grown just a little less comfortable for me because I feel I've run out of things to say on the forums I visit, I'm not a good debater, and I spend too much time reading threads and then thinking of replies to be a consistent participant. And it just sometimes feels hollow.

studentM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2009, 4:06 pm

I prefer online and e-mails to phones and face-to-face interaction.

When I write out my thoughts they tend to be more coherent. Trying to have conversations in person causes anxiety for me - don't do well with eye contact, loose my train of thought, and stammer horribly. I'm pretty much a mess until I feel safe and comfortable.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 5:36 am

jamieg wrote:
i have a easier time to chat with people on the internet than in person and wondering how many others are like this

I am.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 6:48 am

Much easier online. I have made friends online much easier than in real life.

SpongeBobRocksMao!