new movie coming out about a Aspi Guy,

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 3:34 am

new movie coming out about a Aspi Guy, anyone know what the name of it is? I just saw a preview today here In Phoenix AZ but did not get the name.

rainbowbutterfly
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2009, 3:52 am

I saw the trailor for it yesterday. It's called Adam.

hostilebanana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2009, 3:52 am

I think you mean the film that was at Sundance, Adam.

http://www.adammovie.co.uk/

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2009, 7:57 am

I wish I could see it. :( Apparently its only being released in select theaters and may not ever get released widely.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 8:22 am

I think they made that movie about me :wink: :wink:
Except for the space stuff...
and the New York stuff...

I wonder if it will show anywhere around here?

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 10:11 am

There's always the DVD release. I've got the film in my Netflix queue, but no release date is given.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 11:03 am

In truth it looks good, just like us all; minus our own individual quarks that makes us who we are. From What I saw in the tiny bit it looks like they have the general stuff down good. Thou it makes me sad sometime seeing myself in these kinds of films, kind of makes it all real that I am different. Guess I will have to make my "Aspi pride" all the better. And be the proud Aspi I can be.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 7:13 pm

Aspie movie nite topic

What about the promised movie about Temple Grandin, starring Amanda Peet?? :evil:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 7:52 pm

sartresue wrote:
Aspie movie nite topic

What about the promised movie about Temple Grandin, starring Amanda Peet?? :evil:

I haven't heard about that one yet, Is it not going to happen? Or are they still working on it? That one would make a good movie.

asperges
Raven
Raven

03 Aug 2009, 11:22 pm

A thought that crossed my mind while watching the trailer for Adam was the possiblity using it as a tool to help others understand me better. I guess that I would like to tell people (maybe only a couple of people who I like and they have a good opinion of me, but don't really understand certain things and thus aren't as close as I'd like) without telling them. I'm not sure how that would work. But I guess it's worth a shot. Opinions?

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 3:24 am

asperges wrote:
A thought that crossed my mind while watching the trailer for Adam was the possiblity using it as a tool to help others understand me better. I guess that I would like to tell people (maybe only a couple of people who I like and they have a good opinion of me, but don't really understand certain things and thus aren't as close as I'd like) without telling them. I'm not sure how that would work. But I guess it's worth a shot. Opinions?

That is what I plan on doing, bring some people that I would like to know me better to the movie. I think it is a good idea!

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 7:15 am

Dragonfly_Dreams wrote:
I wish I could see it. :( Apparently its only being released in select theaters and may not ever get released widely.

Yeah, I noticed it is only playing in selected cinemas. There aren't many cinemas showing it in the UK either currently, but luckily it's being shown in a cinema not far from where I live.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

asperges
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2009, 10:07 am

Going back to my comment about taking people to see it, does anyone forsee problems with this. For example, I want people to understand me better so that things flow more smoothly, but not patronize me. The other issue is that I've seen scenes from the movie and while I used to be that way, the way I respond to emotional/social cues from people isn't nearly as bad as Adam. He also mentions something about Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein and others having Aspergers. While some may suspect that they had AS tendencies, Aspergers was only discovered in the 1940s and only came into focus in the 80s. It is extremely difficult to diagnose someone with anything 200 years after their death. In any case, please keep the opinions about whether or not this is a good idea coming along and why.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 4:13 pm

asperges wrote:
Going back to my comment about taking people to see it, does anyone forsee problems with this. For example, I want people to understand me better so that things flow more smoothly, but not patronize me. The other issue is that I've seen scenes from the movie and while I used to be that way, the way I respond to emotional/social cues from people isn't nearly as bad as Adam. He also mentions something about Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein and others having Aspergers. While some may suspect that they had AS tendencies, Aspergers was only discovered in the 1940s and only came into focus in the 80s. It is extremely difficult to diagnose someone with anything 200 years after their death. In any case, please keep the opinions about whether or not this is a good idea coming along and why.

Yes I think it is a good idea, just explain to them that every Aspi is just a little bit different, then explain how you might be just a bit different from other aspi's.

Discovered 1940 but that does not mean that it did not exist before hand. Thay just finely put a name to it.

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2009, 8:20 pm

I don't see why they would patronize you after finding out about your aspburgers unless they patronize you anyway. Perhaps you aren't giving them enough credit to love you for you quirks and all.

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2009, 2:35 pm

asperges wrote:

I'm slowly educating people on a motorcycle forum I frequent by dropping little snippets about aspergers without actualy telling them I'm an Aspie. The Adam movie has been linked to by me.