Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 7:19 am

Have been told you can't have more than one account on WP............

I have three. All different.

Does anyone else have more than one account?

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2009, 8:08 am

Nope, I just have the one account. Why would you possibly need multiple accounts?

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 8:40 am

That won't get your account canceled, it'll get it banned. I guess that's your aim?

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 9:19 am

What's the point of having more than one?

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 9:29 am

I suppose it'd be ok in certain circumstances to have more than one account (eg. forgotten usernames and passwords). If you have three active accounts, one can't be sure that you're not using two of them for ill purposes, like for sock puppets or trolling.

unix
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2009, 11:12 am

fwiw - i forgot i had an account here... forgot my username and password and was able to recover both

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 12:39 pm

I had an alt for a while because I was trying to kick the WP habit, so when I was unsuccessful at requesting the moderators to ban me I briefly retired Poopylungstuffing and was EvilOlive....But I was open that I was actually Poopy Lungstuffing...and of course...having an alt did not help me waste any less time on WP...But people did get mad at me for having an alt nonetheless...and I challenged them to please tell the moderators to ban me so that I could get the hell off Wrong Planet....as I am hopelessly addicted and need to be doing so many other things instead of posting here...I literally waste hours every day going in circles and am unable to stop...but I am getting off topic.... :roll:

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 1:45 pm

Thanks for the resonses. I didn't know it was not allowed. THat seems to me very weird.

At any rate, I don't do it to try to break the habit. I am not addicted to WP.

I do it for a number of other reasons.

I might retire this one and keep the others,

I might choose one.

I might retire them all........

Who knows- is this Alex's grand experiment? His PhD thesis material? :-D

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 2:02 pm

It's a little creepy to think there are people who are responding as a "character," and not authentically.

And there's so much BS & posturing with people IRL I sort of idealize this place as being somewhat a relief from that.

If this were a forum about a TV show or something else that's trivial I could see the no-delete policy being odd, but I think the idea is this place is supposed to be mean more to people than that.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 2:07 pm

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
It's a little creepy to think there are people who are responding as a "character," and not authentically.

And there's so much BS & posturing with people IRL I sort of idealize this place as being somewhat a relief from that.

If this were a forum about a TV show or something else that's trivial I could see the no-delete policy being odd, but I think the idea is this place is supposed to be mean more to people than that.

Yes, I agree. And "she" certainly did know about it, I mentioned in my response to "her" post about deleting an account about the inconsistent identities. Of course, no way to know if this is actually a female, as apparently "she" has three accounts, all of which have different genders. (?!)
Disturbing to wonder about who else "she" might be. :?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 2:15 pm

Sorenna wrote:
Thanks for the resonses. I didn't know it was not allowed. THat seems to me very weird.

At any rate, I don't do it to try to break the habit. I am not addicted to WP.

I do it for a number of other reasons.

I might retire this one and keep the others,

I might choose one.

I might retire them all........

Who knows- is this Alex's grand experiment? His PhD thesis material? :-D

actually, it is his private property and we are all guests here. He has one rule about multiple accounts that is what you agree to when you register.

User accounts
--------------------
* Each user of WrongPlanet is only permitted to hold one user account unless given permission by the owner of WrongPlanet.net.
* Impersonating someone is not permitted.

------------------------

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt12459.html