Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BornToDie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2009, 2:48 pm

C-57D wrote:

Mine can be sporadic and sketchy. I can remember letters I wrote at work and legal facts, but forget the names of people I see. I can remember a lot of trivia about Doctor Who, and things about books and literary theory, but forget what I ate for dinner last night. I can reel off my bank account numbers but can go shopping with a 5-item list and forget 2 things.

similar functioning here. i tend to remember things from a long time ago (more than 17 years prior to my third MVA which caused confirmed physical brain damage). since then learning or remembering new things takes a lot of work but what is in there is still there though recalling it sometimes can take two or three days. it eventually surfaces. there's a lot crammed in there after two masters degrees and 25 years working in IT on some very large, significant, high visibility initiatives ($20 million plus size projects being the one in charge for Fortune 100 companies).

Hershel_Numanox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2009, 10:40 am

Murasame wrote:
I have an awesome long-term memory. I can remember incidents that happened nearly 20 years ago with amazing clarity and can recount every action, every word that was said and describe the location in detail. However my short term memory is abysmal. People usually have to tell me things several times to make sure I don't forget anything and I can never remember where I've put something, even if I only used it 5 minutes ago!

I'm exactly the same. I can recall details of events going 20 or more years back that others would find insignificant. People seem really astounded that I have such good long term recall. Conversely I can spend half an hour looking for my keys, eventually realizing they have been in my pocket all along. I can also be asked to do something then 10 seconds later I have to ask them what they have just said.