Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jerry123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2009, 4:58 am

do people with Asperger's Syndrome make fun of other people?

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 5:00 am

Some do, some don't. Just like with any other group of people.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Raskle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2009, 5:06 am

I do, and always have. I enjoy banter, and ribbing with people. The important thing is knowing when to stop, and what lines not to cross.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 7:21 am

I don't, because I know how it feels to be made fun of.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 8:28 am

No. Joking or not, I beleive that it's a terrible habit. Besides, I hate how being made fun of (jokingly or otherwise) feels, and I would not inflict that pain upon anyone else.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2009, 9:09 am

I like to play practical jokes on people and I don't mind and actually enjoy a good practical joke being played on me.

I guess that's not the same as making fun of people, but in a sense it is.

I hate to be made fun of, laughed at, mocked, teased, and I would NEVER do that to anyone else.

There is an exception, but again, I don't think it's really making fun of someone, but pointing out the unintended humor or irony in their words.

09 Sep 2009, 12:03 pm

I make fun of stupid people.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 12:41 pm

I admit. I do it sometimes.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 12:43 pm

I do sometimes, but not in a mean way. In fact, I do it a lot less than "normal" people because I'm paranoid about accidentally being mean.

y es como un semestre"

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 7:49 pm

I don't because, like CockneyRebel, I know what it is like to be made fun of. I don't like to see others made fun of, either, especially people I like. I detest people who make fun of others. I read where tennis player Robin Soderling made fun of Rafael Nadal's rituals. I have disliked Soderling ever since.

darby54
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2009, 8:17 pm

If by 'making fun of' you mean openly mocking where the mockee isn't participating in the 'joke,' then no, never - zero tolerance on that, won't do it and won't allow it in my presence.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 10:16 pm

I can't say I am not guilty of doing things. There's the usually playful type that I often use when talking about my brother i.e. "people who think I'm strange should see my brother" or "I believe in space aliens, how else would you explain my brother?" Plus he makes fun of me for being left-handed (even though our parents both are), and for loving cats (even he owns one himself and he must like the cat, because he taught him to ring a desk bell by pushing on it with his paw).

Of course you have to know there's a difference between just kidding around and being just plain cruel and malicious. People have varying degrees of sensitivity about different things.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:03 pm

Jerry123 wrote:
do people with Asperger's Syndrome make fun of other people?

Of course.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:55 pm

Not as much lately, but a substantial number of posts about NT's on WP belong in this category.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

pirateowl76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2015, 3:29 am

I made fun of a few people (behind their backs) who did not deserve it when I was younger and stupider. :( Still weighs on me, considering how much I myself was made fun of.

I still make fun of people today, though they've usually done something to deserve it (mostly celebrities, ignorant politicians, and people who are being jerks). Though of course, they never see or hear anything I might say (unless the jerk in question is online or something). For the most part I hate mockery and try hard not to be malicious unless somebody else is malicious first. I don't make a habit of it, but if somebody dishes it I feel they should take it.

I make fun of myself all the time. Sometimes it helps get me through embarrassing situations, if I can deliberately make others laugh at me rather than accidentally make them laugh at me. :oops:

I came from an anxiety forum before this one, a site where MANY users had been mercilessly bullied and ridiculed much of their lives, and, sad to say, it's often the people who are frequently mocked who most frequently mock others...if that makes any sense. And most of them saw not a thing wrong with what they were doing, even while they still complained about the treatment they received from others. I'd always thought being on the receiving end of mockery made one more sensitive to the feelings of others, but often it's exactly the opposite. :(

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 3:43 am

pirateowl76 wrote:
I'd always thought being on the receiving end of mockery made one more sensitive to the feelings of others, but often it's exactly the opposite. :(

How so ? I was tormented growing up which is why I see it as mean to make fun of others.

I see it a lot of WP, and I just thought that those people are higher functioning/non-learning delayed, and did not suffer such torment.