Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2009, 9:25 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Yep. Most food for me sandwhich/taco etc. are plain meat/cheese (NO onion OR ANYTHING JUST MEAT AND CHEESE! VERY basic!) :-) LOL! and I HATE IT when they get my order wrong LOL!

almost all of my meals include of some kind of bread and cheese and are always very plain.

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2009, 9:28 pm

Oh, yes I pretty much order the same thing every time at restaurants and fast food places. Once while I will order something slightly different. I'm a picky eater as well.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2009, 10:08 pm

If I like the place I'm eating at very much, I will order everything identical to the last time I was there. I mix it up so the servers don't know what I'm going to eat half the time. At my most favourite place for meals under $25, I have memorized three items I order weekly. If the place sucks or is mediocre, I go with something cheap to fill my stomach. I never go again if the food fails my average standards that much... All I wanted was something that genuinely tasted good. Is that too much to ask?

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:25 pm

Pretty much. I'll typically have one or two things from a particular restaurant's menu that I like. One of my local restaurants took my favorite selection off of their formal menu, but I still order it whenever I go there and they still make it for me.

In unfamiliar places I have some things I will order if it's offered regardless of what else is there. Chicken-fried steak is pretty much a joke in my family -- if it's on the menu, it's a good bet I'll be ordering it. If it isn't on the menu, it takes me forever to order.

Every now and then, though, I'll get the urge to try something new.

Lilactiger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2009, 10:32 pm

I always order the same dish everywhere I go!! If I order something else I usually regret it and wish I'd ordered my usual dish. I don't like it when the notice either.

I also get stuck on certain foods at home and cook the same thing or buy the same snack frequently for a while, then switch to something else.

I can totally identify with this!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:55 pm

pschristmas wrote:
Pretty much. I'll typically have one or two things from a particular restaurant's menu that I like. One of my local restaurants took my favorite selection off of their formal menu, but I still order it whenever I go there and they still make it for me.

In unfamiliar places I have some things I will order if it's offered regardless of what else is there. Chicken-fried steak is pretty much a joke in my family -- if it's on the menu, it's a good bet I'll be ordering it. If it isn't on the menu, it takes me forever to order.

Every now and then, though, I'll get the urge to try something new.

That's me as well. I liked the chicken-fried steak comment. Before he and my mom went on their diet, my dad would order CFS all the time.

For some reason, I am a junkie for things at fast-food places that are limited time offers.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 14 Sep 2009, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SingInSilence
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2009, 11:20 pm

I am infamous in my family for living off a set menu of food I will eat.

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 12:15 am

I like to try different foods, but for the most part I stick to the same foods from the different restaurants (fast food or otherwise) I frequent. There have been several places that have made jokes at my expense for ordering the same thing every time. One place would pull out an order ticket with my usual order on it as soon as I walked in the door.

Here's an amusing anectode. There was a bar I used to frequent in Boston and just about every waitperson working there knew my usual order: Corona, cheeseburger, and fries. It got to the point where I would walk in, sit down, and whoever was on staff would just walk up to my table with an open bottle of Corona and ask if I wanted my usual, which I usually did. One day I went to the bar and the bartender asked if I wanted a Corona, and I said no, I wanted a Red Stripe. You should've seen the look of shock on his face! 8O So he grabbed a bottle of Red Stripe, and said, "Are you sure?" as he placed the bottle opener on the cap. I said yes, and he asked again, "You're sure?" I said yes and he finally opened the bottle and set it in front of me, and kept this incredulous look on his face the whole time. I thought it was hilarious!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 5:47 am

Yes, I always order the same combo/value meal when I go to specific fast food places. I always order the same meats and salads on my kebabs or sandwiches every time. I always buy the exact same foods on my junk food trips to the supermarket. And I hate it when the cashier at wherever I am knows what I want before I open my mouth to order. It embarrasses me into avoiding them for a while.

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 5:52 am

I usually like to eat the same things (oatmeal for breakfast, pb&j or a cheese sandwich for lunch, etc) on a daily basis, but restaurants can vary a bit.

I generally order the same thing when I go to most places, but sometimes I'll rotate through a short list.

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 8:27 am

Always! Besides knowing I'll get something I like, getting the same thing is useful when you reach the point where all you have to say is, "the usual, please" to place your order.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 9:08 am

Quote:
Do you order the same food

do i order the same food as what?

RarePegs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2009, 12:37 pm

Sati wrote:
I like to try different things until I've tried everything that looks good on the menu. After I've had everything, I'll pick my favorite and then only order that.

A fellow "menu tourist" like myself! Also, when I go to a market with lots of lunch stalls, I survey the whole place before choosing what I want, in case I might miss something better than what I have chosen in haste. I can be seen prowling around St.George's Market in Belfast most Saturdays in an obvious manifestation of "Aspie Hunting" mode! I wasn't always a menu tourist, though. That started in my university days when I found myself amongst wider food choices than I had previously known and amongst people who were accustomed to more types of food than I knew. I felt a bit embarrassed about my ignorance and ended up much more exploratory than they were! Before university and even for my first year there, I was very repetitive in food habits.

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2009, 12:50 pm

Now how did you know i order the same food in restaurants? I should say 'restaurant' as I rarely visit another one. :roll:

AlienVisitor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Sep 2009, 1:17 pm

I feel uncomfortable around supermarket staff, because I'm always buying more or less the same stuff, at more or less the same cost, during every visit, twice a week (shopping, +1, +2, shopping, +1, +2, shopping etc). :)

CloudWalker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 3:26 pm

It seems I'm an odd one here. I usually rotate through the menu and order different stuff every time, only skipping stuffs that I don't like.