Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 2:36 pm

I don't think I have in person or if I'd want too. (sorry.) :-( While I'm not sure if he was an Aspie I remember a friend (who seemed looking back to have a special intererst) he just talked about one game franchise over and over which was ANNOYING AS HELL!! !! !! ! I hated it! I stoped talking to him when he IM me WTF (sorry for swearing) I then stopped being friends with him. and it's sad I say this since it means I wouldn't be friends with myself which IMO I don't think I would. :-( What are your thoughts on IF you met another Aspie

Last edited by zeldapsychology on 13 Sep 2009, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Red_Beloved
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2009, 3:44 pm

It's not necessarily a bad thing to feel the way you feel. This is a hard thing to deal with. One the one hand you want to be nice to him, on the other hand he's really irritating.In any event, even in the NT world there are people who are oblivious to other people's disinterest in their interest. Although it is interesting to be on the other side for a change, isn't it? :wink:

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 3:50 pm

:D I know a guy who isn't diagnosed but scored about the same as I did on the online tests. We used to work together and he talked endlessly about his special interests: trumpets, singing, and Xena:Warrior Princess. I got cornered one day into listening to a two-hour dissertation expounding the plot of XENA, from the first episode to the end credits of the last. Every character, every event, the backgrounds and side stories, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, explaining what each one was, etc, etc...I swear the guy never took a breath or paused long enough for me to get in a single word (not that I had anything to say about Xena anyway), but it was interrupting my work at the time. In spite of that, he's a wonderfully nice human being. I just learned not to start conversations about favorite television shows.

How can I hold it against him? I know I do the same thing to other people. They'll bring up something I'm really into and the next thing I know, I've been talking nonstop for twenty minutes and I look up to see their eyes rolling back into their head, or catch them looking out the window and completely tuning me out. Oops.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 3:58 pm

I have met 12-13 Aspies IRL, and all of them were friendly and congenial.

Sadly, I lost contact with one for no reason.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 4:07 pm

I've never met another Aspie in real life. :?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 4:10 pm

I've never met one, only seen one once because my mother told me about him.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2009, 4:21 pm

I've met a few people that I thought were most likely aspies, but I never actually asked them if they were. Sometimes I'll try to befriend them, only to eventually get really annoyed by them. Of course, just about everyone annoys me, so I'm not really sure if it has anything to do with AS or not. :?

whipstitches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2009, 4:34 pm

I have never knowingly met another Aspie. I would love to, however.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 4:59 pm

I have not tried aspie meat. Is it tasty?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 5:00 pm

I've met loads of aspies and a few auties, get on with most of them.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 5:14 pm

my first encounter with an autistic meltdown was when I was babysitting a kid whose parents refused to have him dx'd and forgot to tell me about the warning signs of his meltdowns. I didn't know that I had it at the time so I couldn't relate my sensory issues to his, and my meltdowns were never like his, so I had a painful bout of rinsing dirt out of my eyes. I've met plenty of other dx'd and non-dx'd HFA people and get along with them well enough, except for the ones who think they know better than I do what I should believe. even then I have a degree of patience for it, even if I won't budge on my position anymore, just because a lot of people spectrum and NT are like that so I'm used to it.

I find I actually prefer the company of dx'd or self dx'd spectrum people because they are aware of themselves in a way that a lot of other people aren't.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 5:24 pm

mitharatowen wrote:

LOL! You know what I meant cute though. :-)

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 5:26 pm

I've never met anyone on the spectrum around my age. The oldest I've met is a HFA girl that is about 14.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 5:33 pm

mitharatowen wrote:

:D Grammar Nazis of the World unite! You have nothing to lose but your.... err you got me. We could each correct a thousand different people, and there will still be bad spelling and grammar. So this is a hopeless cause?

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2009, 6:48 pm

I have no idea what this topic means but that is probably the greatest subject title I've seen in a long time!! "Have you NOT meat another Aspie?" It is a great, ambiguous line! I want to use this line for something.

zeldapsychology wrote:
I don't think I have in person or if I'd want too. (sorry.) :-( While I'm not sure if he was an Aspie I remember a friend (who seemed looking back to have a special intererst) he just talked about one game franchise over and over which was ANNOYING AS HELL!! !! !! ! I hated it! I stoped talking to him when he IM me WTF (sorry for swearing) I then stopped being friends with him. and it's sad I say this since it means I wouldn't be friends with myself which IMO I don't think I would. :-( What are your thoughts on IF you meat another Aspiee

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 7:14 pm

TuDoDude wrote:
I have no idea what this topic means but that is probably the greatest subject title I've seen in a long time!! "Have you NOT meat another Aspie?" It is a great, ambiguous line! I want to use this line for something.

zeldapsychology wrote:
I don't think I have in person or if I'd want too. (sorry.) :-( While I'm not sure if he was an Aspie I remember a friend (who seemed looking back to have a special intererst) he just talked about one game franchise over and over which was ANNOYING AS HELL!! !! !! ! I hated it! I stoped talking to him when he IM me WTF (sorry for swearing) I then stopped being friends with him. and it's sad I say this since it means I wouldn't be friends with myself which IMO I don't think I would. :-( What are your thoughts on IF you meat another Aspiee

Ha ha ha ha. :-) (there fixed the title LOL!)