Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

asperges
Raven
Raven

17 Sep 2009, 4:20 pm

I am a part of a newly formed club. We will being having officer elections for the cub soon. I have done a pretty good job of getting to know the people individually. But my social skills when we are in a group of seven or more othere are about 35 of us) are poor. I am working on that but I have just under a week to get set myself up for a vice presidential bid. What should I do. I'm a good leader but that may not be enough.

asperges
Raven
Raven

19 Sep 2009, 11:44 pm

Come on guys. I know that someone can help.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 1:04 am

I was an officer of a college club, though admittedly it wasn't newly formed. I spent several semesters getting to know everyone, showed my commitment to the group and its objectives, and enjoyed myself immensely. When elections came up, I just thought, "Well, why not?" and ran successfully.

I'd say that if people have a good record and/or of your dedication to the group, then that gives people reasons to elect you. You probably have to give a small speech where you document why you feel you are qualified for the job. Prepare that, sound personable, maybe throw a little humor in there (if appropriate), and you'll seem well likable and competent.