Page 2 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2009, 7:43 am

Wow! I had no idea when I started this topic the direction it would take, and I didn't expect mudslinging. There is division on the subject of war with some thinking war wouldn't exist others thinking it would. Some have made a good point about Aspies stubbornly clinging to their views.

I do believe we need all kinds of people in the world, the topic is "If aspies RULED" not if only aspies lived on the world.

I also liked the point Tory made about holding a Nuremberg type trial. That may be a little extreme, but I know looking back over my life, when I did not know I was aspie, how some people were cruel to me. I appreciate the ones who accepted me the way I am.

One word of caution. As Coldplay sings "Never an honest word. That's when I ruled the world."

Another ..... Restaraunts would keep the music volume down, have no TVs, and have small round tables that are bolted to the floor so that you could only have groups small enough where you can hear what everyone is saying.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 12:42 am

Robert312 wrote:
Wow! I had no idea when I started this topic the direction it would take, and I didn't expect mudslinging. There is division on the subject of war with some thinking war wouldn't exist others thinking it would. Some have made a good point about Aspies stubbornly clinging to their views.

I do believe we need all kinds of people in the world, the topic is "If aspies RULED" not if only aspies lived on the world.

I also liked the point Tory made about holding a Nuremberg type trial. That may be a little extreme, but I know looking back over my life, when I did not know I was aspie, how some people were cruel to me. I appreciate the ones who accepted me the way I am.

One word of caution. As Coldplay sings "Never an honest word. That's when I ruled the world."

Another ..... Restaraunts would keep the music volume down, have no TVs, and have small round tables that are bolted to the floor so that you could only have groups small enough where you can hear what everyone is saying.

In my post, I was saying we should use Nuremberg type trials against those who bullied us, so they can be held to account, but at the same time, afforded the right to a fair trial.In a sense, we would be rising above their level, because when we were bullied and mistreated, they never afforded us the right to defend ourselves with due process or to explain why we are the way we are, and when we did defend ourselves against physical abuse, we were blamed and punished for doing so while the bully got off scott free.We wouldnt be trying them for being NT or whatever, but would be doing so to hold them to account for their actions in which they pursued knowingly and with full intent to cause pain and suffering,whereas when an aspie does some things that have inadvertiently insulted others such as not making eye contact, that is part of our condition thereby we cannot and should not be persecuted for something that we have no control over.The bullies have full control and are fully culpable of their crimes therefore they should be held to account and brought to justice.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2009, 7:35 am

Quote:
In my post, I was saying we should use Nuremberg type trials against those who bullied us, so they can be held to account, but at the same time, afforded the right to a fair trial.In a sense, we would be rising above their level, because when we were bullied and mistreated, they never afforded us the right to defend ourselves with due process or to explain why we are the way we are, and when we did defend ourselves against physical abuse, we were blamed and punished for doing so while the bully got off scott free.We wouldnt be trying them for being NT or whatever, but would be doing so to hold them to account for their actions in which they pursued knowingly and with full intent to cause pain and suffering,whereas when an aspie does some things that have inadvertiently insulted others such as not making eye contact, that is part of our condition thereby we cannot and should not be persecuted for something that we have no control over.The bullies have full control and are fully culpable of their crimes therefore they should be held to account and brought to justice.

I have no argument with that.

BigBobBobson
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2009, 7:45 am

Nature would have us believe that such a World would crumble and burn into ashes in but a few years (Natural Selection, excluding the occasional genetic drift the majority of society are theoretically the best equipped to survive with greater success). However in an era where instinct and millenia of trial and error has, I hope, been phased out by conscious rational thought, it's clear that such a World could be feasible, and indeed even preferable. It certainly sounds more appealing than the current Joseph Heller novel we're stagnating in.

Now if I ruled the World I would make contact illegal from the age of 12 unless people are in a relationship (Which has to be officially sanctioned, and must be genuine and of 2 years standing) and eradicate the banal social saturation that plagues Western civilisations today.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2009, 11:42 am

If I ruled the world would would end poverty and homelessness.

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2009, 9:15 pm

granatelli wrote:
War would be started because someonehad a meltdown over someone elses stim which they found irritating.

Oh my gosh that made me laugh :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 6:44 am

Tory_canuck wrote:
hold Nuremburg trials (similar to the preceedings against nazi war criminals after the second world war) against all those who bullied or participated knowingly in the bullying and abuse of aspies and those on the spectrum.

NTs should have the same rights to rule in order to ensure there is a balance and democracy, BUT those who have done wrong to us past and present should be held to account for their crimes against aspies the same way nazi war criminals were held to account for their persecution of the jews.

Why just against those who bullied those with ASDs? Why not against people who bullied anyone? Noone deserves bullying.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2009, 6:31 pm

It would be funny though because in my family I am the family ham.Like the johoveh witness protection program and other classics. Poverty would be a thing of the past and all issues will be solved via diplomacy and understanding.There would be equallity in everything for everyone,scientist would make more money than atletes because they do more for humanity has a whole.The playing field will be leveled.Justice will be firm but fair with the most evil of crimes being punshied most severly like the bank executives would recive much more than a slap on the wrist.There be free elections and earth would be united because I would make sure the pettiness of all conflict is all pointless because in the end we are all humans in a cruel world and we need to work together to make the best of our situation and place in the universe.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 9:17 pm

Opposite Day would require everyone to be social butterflies.

EC
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2009, 9:45 pm

I've always thought about ruling the world. It'll be easy to enforce the cult of personality once I rule it; learn from North Korea. Right now, though, a few things stand in my way: Democracy, fair elections and critical thinking. In due time, these can of course be... well, formed and molded to fit my definition, and in my world, I'm always right because no-one would dare question me, lest they be sent to my newly-established deathca---- re-education camps on Greenland. See, I've already got the basics worked out! :D

Nostromos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2009, 10:25 pm

If I ruled the world, I wouldn't know what to do and would put most of my effort into surrounding myself with people who I think are extremely smart and impartial. Then I'd probably find I was wrong and they would take advantage of me. I'd get furious and kill them, then deal with the overwhelming remorse by destroying myself with drugs, sex, and expensive pleasures before getting murdered for being such an as*hole. Then the world would degenerate into barbarism and I would be ground into hamburger in hell over and over again for eternity.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 11:15 pm

Hodor wrote:
An Aspie 'war' would probably involve four or five people standing awkwardly in a park, hitting each other gently with sticks until one of them suddenly drops their stick and launches into a 10-minute long monologue about the structure of mitochondria.
how do i describe the noise that just came out of my mouth right now? holy crap. thanks for being so funny. that's hilarious!

how many aspies play paintball? that being said, why wouldn't they form guilds and war would either be played out on an mmo, or larp-style? would they dress up/equip themselves with weapons and armor and stuff from their favorite historical era with hair-splitting detail? then, they could get distracted by trading info/facts...they'd forget to fight? or it could be the strangest "war" ever. hmm.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2009, 1:50 am

Klint wrote:
Crime rates would be at an all-time low, everyone would trust everyone because no one would lie, abstract and impressionist art would diminish, and a new era of logic based art would begin, one could play games online without a caffiene infused twelve year old calling them a "fa***t," and aliens would decide to make contact. :)

I keep hearing this thing about art becoming logical and impressionism banned. I'll have you know many of us here are musical Aspies (and some of us are both musical and good at math, like myself) and BTW if anything Impressionism was a form of heightened realism and logic-based (reality-based), on the flip side of Expressionism, which, more than likely in an Aspie world WOULD be banned (being a little sarcastic here). Just listen to some Debussy Piano Preludes and you will see the logic by which he chose his sounds to match the nature of the piece, or look at Monet's Rouen Cathedral series to see what I mean. BTW Debussy likened his first Images for piano as "...the latest experiments in musical chemistry..."

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2009, 7:00 am

MagnusArmstrong wrote:
It would be funny though because in my family I am the family ham.Like the johoveh witness protection program and other classics. Poverty would be a thing of the past and all issues will be solved via diplomacy and understanding.There would be equallity in everything for everyone,scientist would make more money than atletes because they do more for humanity has a whole.The playing field will be leveled.Justice will be firm but fair with the most evil of crimes being punshied most severly like the bank executives would recive much more than a slap on the wrist.There be free elections and earth would be united because I would make sure the pettiness of all conflict is all pointless because in the end we are all humans in a cruel world and we need to work together to make the best of our situation and place in the universe.

And I was chided for being too idealistic. You are ponies and rainbows squared!

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 3:59 pm

granatelli wrote:
War would be started because someonehad a meltdown over someone elses stim which they found irritating.
Hodor wrote:
An Aspie 'war' would probably involve four or five people standing awkwardly in a park, hitting each other gently with sticks until one of them suddenly drops their stick and launches into a 10-minute long monologue about the structure of mitochondria.

:lol:

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 7:17 pm

Man, I don't know which of these posts to quote first, they're all so ******* funny.