Is it easy for you to read this? De-focus a little.

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 3:51 pm

Raed it? Hkec, I cna tpye ti.

It's how my posts look in their first draft. :wink:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

29 Sep 2009, 3:54 pm

TouchVanDerBoom wrote:
MommyJones wrote:
TouchVanDerBoom wrote:
Yay! Something like this I can actually do. I found that incredibly easy.

Does anyone know anything about magic eye pictures and asperger's? I have never been able to see them and wonder if it's to do with that.

If you are talking about the ones that were in the calendars, I can't see them either, and I tried hard. I'm NT BTW

I'm not talking about any particular ones, just magic eye pictures in general. It might be because I have a stigmatism though.

I have always been really good at the magic eye pictures, I am able to sort of cross my eyes and lose focus which makes the picture pop right out for me.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

matt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 4:02 pm

Drhnpceeiig cmmoon or mllbnsayiooc wdors is grlnlaeey lses dcflfuiit tahn ubrmnsnclaig mtblllsyaiiuc and iqtlrnfneeuy uesd wdors.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2009, 4:04 pm

I can read it just as fast as normal text. I've seen things like that before and just assumed that everyone could read it just fine. I thought the point was to make people amazed at the fact that they can actually read the text even when the middle letters are rearranged, as long as the first and last letter is right.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2009, 4:07 pm

matt wrote:
Drhnpceeiig cmmoon or mllbnsayiooc wdors is grlnlaeey lses dcflfuiit tahn ubrmnsnclaig mtblllsyaiiuc and iqtlrnfneeuy uesd wdors.

Deciphering common or monosyllabic words is generally less difficult than unscrambling multisyllabic and infrequently used words.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 4:16 pm

Janissy wrote:
Raed it? Hkec, I cna tpye ti.

It's how my posts look in their first draft. :wink:

LOL :lol:

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 6:31 pm

I can read it, but not quite as fast as normal and I noticed my eyes jump around each word, I guess because I read by word shape usually more than the letters in the word.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 7:07 pm

TouchVanDerBoom wrote:
Yay! Something like this I can actually do. I found that incredibly easy.

Does anyone know anything about magic eye pictures and asperger's? I have never been able to see them and wonder if it's to do with that.

There was a thread about that before.. but it used the real word for it and now I don't remember what it was.. :oops:

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 7:08 pm

Rain_Bird wrote:
matt wrote:

Deciphering common or monosyllabic words is generally less difficult than unscrambling multisyllabic and infrequently used words.

Yes. I did fine with the initial post, but not well at all with this one even after reading the unscrambled version.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 9:25 pm

I could read it, but not as fast as my normal reading speed. Normally, I take in sentences at a glance. I had to pause a couple of times with the scrambled text.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ShogunSalute
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2009, 9:36 pm

anybody can do this quickly. nothing to do with being an "aspie".

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 10:07 am

I actually takes me a while to understand that it was scrambled. But I don't know if it's something to do with Aspie, is just that you actually don't read all the letter in a sentence as you don't listen to all sound in a conversation. Actually I usually scramble word when I wrote my self.

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 11:50 am

I can quite easily read it, although I couldn't decipher the word "scrwey" at all, and still can't. Occasionally I hit a wrong sound and I'll re-say the word but overall it's fairly readable. Being the Grammar Nazi I am, it does irritate me.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 12:21 pm

^ That's interesting. I, too, suffer from the Grammar Nazi Bug but I found this kind of writing to be liberating rather than irritating. It frees me from the "must check that every letter is in exactly the right place" syndrome that makes me grimace and twitch.

I think our Grammar Nazi-ism may be related to our strong sense of "social justice" and tendency to obey laws (even those that nobody else does (like traffic walk signals in major US cities)).

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 3:21 pm

Murasame wrote:
I've seen this before and it’s nothing unique to AS.
I've seen it before too. The study showed that we (everyone) only read based on the positions of the 1st and last letters and the mess of letter in between.

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 3:30 pm

I think a good part of my Grammar Nazism is due to the superiority complex I've cultivated. I mean, there's a reason it's called "spelling something wrong" and if I start doing it too then I'll be like them.

Some rules I can be very vocal in defending, while others I don't care much for. For example, "No running in the hallway" isn't something I subscribe to.