Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 2:58 am

this is like jamesp420's post, "Apparantly im intimidating" but a different matter. His was over his body language, mine is over general size.

Ive been asked on numerous occasions, what year im in. when i replied 7 (2 years ago) year 8 (last year) or year 9 (this year), they have all been met with thte response "f****n hell, you serious?" or you "you look like year 11" ive even been told "shouldnt you have finished school by now?" the funny thing about taht last one was it was my teacher.

So, i started asking my friends about my body size, generally asking "how large am i, what do i look like".

I was met a lot with "you're f****n huge" "you sorta scare me" "you look like the kind of guy who punches holes in walls when your pissed off" "you'd be able to pic me up by the throat" The like of such responses ensued.

I also notice theyer all scatty and quiet when im around, but when im not, theyre all on a hype and bein lairy. They tend to wait for me to get hyper first before they do.

So, same quesiton and mr Jamesp420. Do i scare you or it an aspie thing? ill have a picture up soon.

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 4:00 am

Both.

Big Aspie or not-neurotypical in general are more scarring than NT big people -> you can do what you want because you are big but people can't understand what you want to do.

Little Aspie get bullied -> you can't do what you want and people can't understand that you don't want the same as them.

Be happy that you are big, the other way is worst. (I was very little till 14 y.old then I grow up all together, 30 cm in 1 years, and started building a "bull body", I'm not high but very muscolar). People stopped bulling me all of a sudden and started to be scarried by me (Oh yeah!).

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 4:14 am

Nightsun wrote:
Both.

Big Aspie or not-neurotypical in general are more scarring than NT big people -> you can do what you want because you are big but people can't understand what you want to do.

Little Aspie get bullied -> you can't do what you want and people can't understand that you don't want the same as them.

Be happy that you are big, the other way is worst. (I was very little till 14 y.old then I grow up all together, 30 cm in 1 year, and started building a "bull body", I'm not high but very muscolar). People stopped bulling me all of a sudden and started to be scarried by me (Oh yeah!).

Big Aspies rulz! :twisted: I had an even fast growth, moved up 38 cm in 7 month. Went from second shortest to the second tallest in my class. :D

Edit: Temper like C4 help too. ^^

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2009, 9:39 am

Yes I am tall, almost 6 foot which is tall for a woman . I have very large (even for a man) shoulders and am very solidly buit. I am fat at the moment too. I am told that when I look at people my stare goes right through them. They feel like I am looking straight into their soul. GEEZ LOL I have been told I intimidate alot of people. Maybe that is why I don't have the horror stories alot of ASDians have.

Both my boys are very tall as well one of them is very solidly buit as well. The other has a large frame but a bit on the light side as yet, but he is only 6 so give him time. I think people being intimidated by you is better than being bullied so I hope people have the same reaction to them as they do to me

cheers

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 10:15 am

The intimidation factor topic

I have never been tall and I am a woman. I am not fat, either.

I used to be frightened of all the big people because the bigger they were, the more bullying they did to the littler ones, like me. The sense of Power is a very tempting tool to abuse.

I developed a very strong and assertive personality to compensate for my lack of size. I have also studied physical defense techniques in case I am ever in a situation in which I need to defend myself.

Big is not necessarily best. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 11:11 am

I think it's important to keep in mind the advantages of being big, particularly as a male. You'll probably command some respect....people will be noticing that you're probably capable of giving them a good thumping if they get too sassy with you. Most guys seem to wish they looked bigger and tougher. I didn't particularly, because for some reason I didn't seem to notice my relatively small stature until I was about 45 years old....by then I'd come to feel that size doesn't matter and that it's was up to the world to accept me as I am......I still feel like sniggering when I hear of a woman who finds big, strong men more attractive than weedy guys such as myself. It seems so incredibly backward to my way of thinking. But don't let that bother you - hunky guys are very popular with lots of girls. And a lot of guys feel safer with a big, strong friend around. Turn it to your advantage, that's my advice.

I've heard that a lot of adolescents start to feel uncomfortable if they're growing faster than average. In some ways I think I was the same way.....looking back at the photos I used to take of myself (I'd always work hard to get the conditions just right for what I thought was a good shot of me) - mostly when I look at them now, I just look rather effeminate. I guess I was just reacting against my maleness.....I also hated deep-voiced male singers, and was horrified when my own voice broke and therefore became deep. It took me about 20 years to see the attractiveness in it, so for years when I sang I'd strain at the top of my range to hide my "flaw." Somebody once said that people these days are too self-conscious, that they see their assets as liabilities, and try to disguise them for fear of seeming unattractive, and they end up with the wrong friends and the wrong sexual partners. I think there's some truth in that.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 11:24 am

I was 6'2" 200 pounds by the time I got out of middle school (years 6-8 ). I wasn't bullied too much.

Last edited by j0sh on 02 Oct 2009, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 3:24 pm

I'm not small, but my NT sister is slightly larger than I am.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 3:45 pm

Since I am blind I will not be able to judge your pic, but when I do notice (with the little vision I do have) that people I meet IRL are very tall, I am not scared, and that's while I am only 5 feet.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 6:39 pm

It's kinda like with dogs... you're way more likely to be intimidated by somebody's size if you intend them harm than if you don't. Bullies are more likely to find somebody's size intimidating than someone who doesn't go around purposely baiting people would.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 7:05 pm

I was always very skinny as a kid. By the age of 16, I was just under six foot and weighed seven stone. I had a very fast metabolism and was able to eat anything I liked without gaining any weight. My metabolism has slowed down a bit since then and I now weigh about eleven and a half stone.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 8:00 pm

I envy you.

I'm tall for my age, but being so skinny ... it kind of cancels out.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 10:48 pm

Nightsun wrote:
Both.

Interesting. I hadn't given this much thought before, but I suppose it's one of the reasons I wasn't picked on too much as a kid. I had one bad year of bullying, but for the rest of my life, most people just left me alone.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2009, 7:03 am

my enemies fear my intimidating behavior and are afraid of my un prodictability, being bullied was understandable as they can gang up on one guy, numbers always beats someone no matter how strong they are, i think the bullying was more of a defensive mechanism to say back off and dont mess with me, most of those bullies have grown a little now and are hated for their people bullying behaviour and their abilities to "change their spots quickly" so ha ha to them

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:18 am

^Usually people fear me for my insane behavior when I'm being attacked. Because whenever someone's trying to hurt me, it never seems to have an effect (maybe a high tolerance to pain?) and so for some reason, I think it's hilarious and burst into uncontrollable, lunatic sounding laughter. At that point, people back off. :P

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2009, 7:37 am

Klint wrote:
^Usually people fear me for my insane behavior when I'm being attacked. Because whenever someone's trying to hurt me, it never seems to have an effect (maybe a high tolerance to pain?) and so for some reason, I think it's hilarious and burst into uncontrollable, lunatic sounding laughter. At that point, people back off. :P

thats cool ha ha