List one NT thing you do not understand.

Page 27 of 65 [ 1025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 65  Next

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 3:30 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
The fact that they're afraid to be different.

I totally hear ya.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 2:52 pm

Multitasking.

I opened a course folder. The blurb said something like:

"With good organisational skills, you'll be able to hold down a part time job; learn to drive; go out shopping with friends; party at the weekend; have a two hour commute; do extracurricular activities, visit your boyfriend/girlfriend; do extra keyskills assignments; do your homework and get full marks on this course. It's possible! It's a life skill."

No, it isn't possible.
Overloading people with work isn't a life skill, it's torture.
I never met anyone on the course who managed to do all of those things, not even the really able people. That's because there are only 24 hours in a day and at least 5 of these are needed for sleep. I was told I was one of the most organised and hardworking people there and I was unable to do all of these things.

So why the lies?

I suppose it's like advertising: misleading people for profit.
A kind of exploitation.

Perhaps if people knew the truth about how long things really took and how hard they'd have to work, they'd lose motivation. Perhaps even the will to live.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2010, 3:03 pm

Romantic games. I don't really see the point.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:30 pm

I know I've said this a lot :oops: but it really confuses me.. when girls go the the bathroom in groups.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

book_noodles wrote:
I know I've said this a lot :oops: but it really confuses me.. when girls go the the bathroom in groups.

They want to talk about the guys they are with or want to be with.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 7:10 pm

Aimless wrote:
book_noodles wrote:

They want to talk about the guys they are with or want to be with.

In the bathroom..that's strange. I try so hard not to even breathe in there. Why talk?! Ugh.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 10:10 pm

Referring to the feeling centers of their brain as their "heart." I understand that sometimes heart rate is increased or decreased by emotion, but puh-leez, giving to charity does not mean that you have a "big heart." Giving to charity means that you sympathize with the less fortunate. A big heart? That's called dialated cardiomyopathy and it has a worse prognosis than many cancers.

I sometimes use the stylized heart :heart: emoticon to indicate that I love something, but my understanding stops there.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 10:18 pm

MissPickwickian wrote:
A big heart? That's called dialated cardiomyopathy and it has a worse prognosis than many cancers.

:salut: Excellent point.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2010, 10:22 pm

MissPickwickian wrote:
Referring to the feeling centers of their brain as their "heart." I understand that sometimes heart rate is increased or decreased by emotion, but puh-leez, giving to charity does not mean that you have a "big heart." Giving to charity means that you sympathize with the less fortunate. A big heart? That's called dialated cardiomyopathy and it has a worse prognosis than many cancers.

I sometimes use the stylized heart :heart: emoticon to indicate that I love something, but my understanding stops there.

It's a figure of speech, even though technically your feelings come from your brain and not your heart.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 10:25 pm

rmctagg09 wrote:
It's a figure of speech, even though technically your feelings come from your brain and not your heart.

I understand most figures of speech, but not that particular one.