I fall down a lot. It is very annoying.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 4:20 pm

:?

I just skinned the same knee for the second time this week..the knee that is scarred up from the numerous other times it has been skinned.

I was walking along and then BAM..I am on the ground.

Am annoyed with self..I do not truyst my own reflexes at the moment.

Have contemplated wearing knee pads everywhere I go.

Can't walk...can't drive...the only place I feel safe is on my bike...and sometimes I am prone to falling off that too.

Maxi321
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2009, 4:42 pm

Perhaps you've got a touch of the old Dyspraxia along with you AS. :D

Aspienoid
Raven
Raven

02 Mar 2009, 4:55 pm

I am the same way. It's to the point that when walking with someone who knows me (teacher, friend, family member), the person will point out every possible problem coming up and take me by the arm. So terrible! I'm never without bruises and have been questioned before about abuse. Yeah, I'm abused by my own moter skills (or lack thereof).

"With one good trait there is usually the sacrifice of another."

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 4:59 pm

i am poorly coordinated too. i bump into people all the time. i bumped into my superviser at work once but it was 11:30 pm at night (grave yard shift) and she thought it was her fault i think.

you can wear knee pads under your jeans!! !

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 6:00 pm

I run into stuff all the time. I also tend to trip over my feet, but am usually able to catch myself before falling. I also cannot stand on one foot. Needless to say, I often am accused of being drunk when I am not.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 7:00 pm

Maxi321 wrote:

Yes I have considered this... :?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 7:04 pm

I sometimes trip up the stairs (not down, just up). It's really embarrassing when I'm in public and that happens. I was touring a new college last December and I was going up the stairs with one of the teachers when I tripped and fell on them. She kept asking if I was okay, but I was surprisingly fine. So don't worry, you're definitley not the only one. :wink:

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Mar 2009, 7:41 pm

I too have physical dyspraxia and very klutzy....There are two kinds of people in the world:
Those who can rub their bellies in a circular motion with one hand and pat their heads at the same time
with the other hand, and those who can't. I do not belong to the first category.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 10:34 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Maxi321 wrote:

Yes I have considered this... :?

Given the idea you might have that or traits of that, have you researched if there's anything you can do to improve the situation (if just slightly)? What do they usually do with dyspraxic people?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 11:26 am

I am not really sure.
I have not researched it.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 2:44 pm

I do not fall down as much as I did when I was a child (I once had "wound" on my knee for about two years, because I kept falling down and re-opening it; it got infected in the end and I had to go on antibiotics), but I still bang into things and drop things many times a day (on a good day; on bad days I drop things even more and find it takes about half a dozen attempts to pick up dropped items).

Maxi321
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2009, 3:09 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I am not really sure.
I have not researched it.

They do physio and exercies which are meant to strenthen your muscles/improve your coordination blaa blaa. But there's no real scientific evidence that any of the stuff actually works. i think most of the little exercise group things that are ment to combat the whole dysbraxia/dyslexia/adhd things are just a bunch of rubbish made by these people to take your money. :x

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 4:55 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
I sometimes trip up the stairs (not down, just up). It's really embarrassing when I'm in public and that happens. I was touring a new college last December and I was going up the stairs with one of the teachers when I tripped and fell on them. She kept asking if I was okay, but I was surprisingly fine. So don't worry, you're definitley not the only one. :wink:

I have a similar problem but down the stairs. It's only because I'm so lost in thought and forget to watch where I step. I try to make a habit of looking down in these situations, because it can be indeed very embarrassing.

julie_b
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2009, 2:15 am

Lightning88 wrote:

Wow, my son has AS and has synaethesia as well. I have just found this site and I can't work out why it's called wrongplanet because it's like finally finding some real people :D

My son trips up stairs. Up until now I thought he was uniquely gifted in this respect. I can't wait to show him this. He is going to be so thrilled to know he is not alone :D

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 10:04 am

I'm always tripping up and falling on stuff. I'm at a college for blind/VI people and suddenly I got an idea (it hurt)... I thought that my problem is because I cannot judge where things are in relation to my body, so now I use a little white cane to work out where I am. Heck, it's really helping.

And no, I'm not embarrassed to be seen with it because I am not physically blind. Frankly, I always look like a freak anyway so a cane isn't going to make a difference...

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:19 am

I am not as much a faller as I am a head-bumper. I bump my head getting into cars and opening the kitchen cupboard practially all the time.

"Vortex of Freedom" Radio Show
Saturdays 6PM Eastern - 5PM Central
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maditude