Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 40

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 6:12 am

Callista wrote:
Quote:
You don't know all the facts. Benefit fraud/abuse of public funds is a problem in the UK but our government tackles the problem in the wrong way; instead of going after the seasoned con-artists, who are much harder to catch, it tries to coerce vulnerable people into saying they are more capable than they are and then throws them on unemployment benefit. The British government is the one 'taking advantage', not me.
Actually, when I refer to people who are cooperating resisting those who take advantage of the situation, I'm referring to anyone taking advantage, whether that's a member of the general public or a lawmaker. People who work together have got to police themselves so that nobody can take advantage of the situation at others' expense; otherwise it simply won't work. That includes the people in charge taking advantage, and includes when the people in charge have promised more than they have the resources to give and figure they've got to find people they can safely stiff so there'll be enough to go around to the rest.

I guess you don't know about the British politicans who bought second homes with public money, furnished these homes with public money and then sold them on at a considerable profit and kept the proceeds. You would be amazed at the amount of people in high paying public service jobs who use public funds to pay for services they can easily afford themselves; they use public money to pay their utility bills, TV licence, cable/satellite/digital and when they need to travel, they use public money to stay in expensive hotels. By your reasoning, it's okay for them to exploit the poor and needy to make up for the shortfall.

Last edited by EnglishInvader on 12 Oct 2009, 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 7:35 am

Absolutely! It is a must.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 8:19 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but if you are saying the poor must be exploited by the rich, I think you need to provide a better explanation.

Fbthew
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2009, 9:19 am

I noticed that here they dont believe in it. My topic here has been eliminated.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 9:23 am

EnglishInvader wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but if you are saying the poor must be exploited by the rich, I think you need to provide a better explanation.

he's answering the original question. :)

Fbthew
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2009, 9:25 am

What is this meat thing?

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 10:28 am

my signature?
i love meat. :). that is all. i love the word, the comical appeal, the taste, and i like handling raw meat. it's just good. XD