Car Show Benefitting Autism Awareness in NJ

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 11:48 pm

So my boyfriends car club, well mostly him hes running a lot of it, is hosting a car show to benefit autism awareness on October 11, 2009. All proceeds go to POAC(parents of autistic children) of NJ. go to www.poac.net, there is a picture of me on their homepage flappin in the bubbles heheh. Anyways anybody from NJ, or anybody else want to come, its at Central Regional High School, in Bayville, NJ. From 10am-4pm. 25 different car classes, 50 different trophies. There will be other autisitcs there because the school is bringing their autistic program out. And on the flyers i made sure to add no added noise or loud systems hehe. So decided to post this if anybody from NJ wants to come to autism related event for a good cause. POAC gives a huge carnival every year, free bowling events, free movie nights, free gymnasium days, all geared for all ages, not jus children which i love. So if ur from NJ, and not doing anything October 11, 2009, from 10-4, come out and join us for a car show benefitting autism awareness, theres even peoples choice for car. Thanks.

P.S. i posted this minutes before under my bfs name, and didnt even know he was signed into wp, and he quickly nodded off about the subject, so idk guess hes been snoopin anyways wanted to post that in case anybody was wonderng why his name poped up not mine, makes me wodner what else hes been doing, oh well haha.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 1:05 am

If there was a similar event in Texas, you can bet my parents would be there. They know a lot of people who frequent car shows.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 10:16 pm

This car show is coming up this sunday, wondering if any autistics wanna come join. There will be other auties there including me heheh, so come on out :)!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 1:29 pm

I gotta bump this, because this show is happening this sunday, so this is the first time im bumping stuff hahah, so bare with me haha, we want a lot of ppl to come, and autisitcs as well, we want this world to know more about autism to be supportive. so if ur free, stop by, this was advertised in the newspaper, on the radio, suppose to be a fun turn out!

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Oct 2009, 2:03 pm

We love car shows and live in the Philadelphia area, so depending on what part of Jersey Bayville is in, there is a possibility that we could make it. Also, saw the flyer you made and you did a great job. :D Cool picture with you and the bubbles too. :D

PS - I couldn't get to the site using the link you provided, but I typed POAC.net in my web browser and found the site. Made this link: Car Show to benefit Autism

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 2:14 pm

cosmiccat wrote:
We love car shows and live in the Philadelphia area, so depending on what part of Jersey Bayville is in, there is a possibility that we could make it. Also, saw the flyer you made and you did a great job. :D Cool picture with you and the bubbles too. :D

PS - I couldn't get to the site using the link you provided, but I typed POAC.net in my web browser and found the site. Made this link: Car Show to benefit Autism

yayyayay so excited i hope you do make it. its off of exit 77, were about an houra way from philly, so def come on out. ill be wearing an autism autism awareness shirt that says autism with the ribbon adn that says be aware, share and care, with black pants haha, already have my outfit picked out lol. so def come on out and thanks for the compliment haha i was so happy that day that was when they had a huge picnic every year soo much fun, all free food, liek 20 free rides and free funnel cakes, free fried oreos, free everything, and geared towards alll ages which is even better lol. anyways yes do come out loooove to meet ya! and thanks for changing the link :)

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 2:15 pm

cosmiccat wrote:

Thanks for the link-was actually going to redo it as I figured out what was going on with it-the comma was interfering with it directing correctly.

I wish I was in Jersey, Age-would love to meet you one of these days! Awesome pic of you and the bubbles :D

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." -Luna Lovegood

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 2:25 pm

anxiety25 wrote:
cosmiccat wrote:

Thanks for the link-was actually going to redo it as I figured out what was going on with it-the comma was interfering with it directing correctly.

I wish I was in Jersey, Age-would love to meet you one of these days! Awesome pic of you and the bubbles :D

heheh thanks, would so love to meet ya too, hopefully one day!!

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Oct 2009, 2:38 pm

I'm going to ask my daughter and son-in-law if they want to go. They are super into classic cars and my daughter has a Chevelle, 1966 I think. It's not car show material at this point, but she's hoping to overhaul it. I tried to get her on that show "Overhaulin" and sent them pictures and a slide show, but I never heard back from them. :cry:
Ummmm Funnel Cakes :D

We went on a week's vacation in 2006 to Lake George, New york where they have an amazing car show every year.
Thought you might like to see a picture of my daughter's Chevelle, and also, a picture of them that I took in Lake George.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 3:06 pm

cosmiccat wrote:
I'm going to ask my daughter and son-in-law if they want to go. They are super into classic cars and my daughter has a Chevelle, 1966 I think. It's not car show material at this point, but she's hoping to overhaul it. I tried to get her on that show "Overhaulin" and sent them pictures and a slide show, but I never heard back from them. :cry:
Ummmm Funnel Cakes :D

We went on a week's vacation in 2006 to Lake George, New york where they have an amazing car show every year.
Thought you might like to see a picture of my daughter's Chevelle, and also, a picture of them that I took in Lake George.

niicce, bring it to the show, were hopin to see a lot of classic cars there!

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Oct 2009, 3:24 pm

Nah. :D Can't bring it to the show. It's not inspected and all that stuff. Needs work before she can get it back on the road.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 8:01 pm

cosmiccat wrote:
Nah. :D Can't bring it to the show. It's not inspected and all that stuff. Needs work before she can get it back on the road.

aw that stinks maybe next year then, but def hope u guys can make it!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 12:56 pm

so i gotta do my bump hehehe, the car show is tommororw, wish us luck!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2009, 4:11 pm

So it was a great show... we raised almost 2 thousand, couple hundred to cover costs of dj, and trophies, and over a thousand will be donated to POAC. Almost 100 cars, good turn out, was a rough start, but overall pretty good. First show, so not bad for the first show, pictures should be up on www.poac.net soon, so take a look.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 8:28 am

That's great that it was a complete success!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!