Do you own a rocking chair and/or swing?

Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you own a rocking chair or swing?
Of course, no Aspie is complete without one! 40%  40%  [ 34 ]
No, but that's just because I can't afford one 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
I don't need one 13%  13%  [ 11 ]
Hadn't thought about that, good idea to have one... 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Other ___________________________________ 13%  13%  [ 11 ]
I'm an NT just looking at results 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 84

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 4:35 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Greentea wrote:
And if not, why not?

I did up until my overgrown cat jumped on it.

I've always loved rocking chairs and swings...very soothing. Ironically I was just thinking the other day what I wouldn't give if I could afford another one.

Can't seem to keep still in a solid chair or couch.

I feel sorry for you if the cat had done that to you.... You know when the cat sleeps, try and sneak on it :D

Does she actually sleep on it ?

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 5:36 am

sounds like her cat broke it...

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 7:22 am

superboyian wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Greentea wrote:
And if not, why not?

I did up until my overgrown cat jumped on it.

I've always loved rocking chairs and swings...very soothing. Ironically I was just thinking the other day what I wouldn't give if I could afford another one.

Can't seem to keep still in a solid chair or couch.

I feel sorry for you if the cat had done that to you.... You know when the cat sleeps, try and sneak on it :D

Does she actually sleep on it ?

No but she loved pushing with her paws once she'd land on it and then using it as a scratching post.

Broke the part that supports your back by tipping it over and falling through it.

That was the end of my chair.... :(

AMD
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2009, 8:18 am

I wish i had an adult size swing. Something about having my legs off the earth is just so relaxing.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 9:40 am

Rock, roll, swivel, glide, swing!! topic

Been aware of doing this for fifty two of my fifty five years, on swings, rockers, gliders, teeter totters (see-saws), hammocks, and computer chairs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 2:09 pm

In elementary school, that was why I loved recess so much. I would just run to get on the swing. I just don't have a rocking chair because I don't have room for one. I settle for using the swivel chair, though. :lol:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 3:38 pm

persian85033 wrote:
In elementary school, that was why I loved recess so much. I would just run to get on the swing. I just don't have a rocking chair because I don't have room for one. I settle for using the swivel chair, though. :lol:

I used to that whenever I got to the park, I would just run run run to one before anyone would take it and swing :D and I would of been upset if I didn't get any swings to swing on, so out of my fun, i just swing on my computer chair, its just as good but i always end up getting myself dizzy... :lol:

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 12:31 am

I wish I had a rocking chair!

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 4:54 am

I only have a rolly desk chair in my room and a camping chair on the deck.I am renting a room and I dont think my landlady want a swing put on her deck or a rocking chair in her living room...I do like to sit in the recliner though with a warm cup of hot apple cider or tea or coffee or hot chocolate on a cold winter day and listen to my iPod or watch dvds on my little dvd player.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

dddhgg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 10:36 am

As a child I would spend entire summer afternoons on the swing. Now I have a rocking chair.

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2009, 7:58 pm

I grew up with rocking chairs, but haven't found one yet as an adult that's 1. cheap and secondhand yet 2. has decent lower back support.

INTJ.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 10:06 pm

My mum had one and I loved the damn thing! I always went in and kept rocking on it for whole mornings while the whole family was in the room.

Unfortunately she's now sold it :(

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 2:47 am

I couldn't survive without a rocker/recliner. It sucks too because I'm a big guy 6'6" and wear them out. When I was a kid, I loved swinging, but haven't been on a swing in many, many years. My mom used to think my love of rocking came from when I was a baby. She said she rocked me a lot. The best motion is a boat on the water however. My dad's friend has a big fishing boat with a small cabin. We'd be out on the ocean fishing and if I got tired or started feeling sea sick, I'd go lay down on the small bed. When I'm laying on my back, I don't get or feel sea sick anymore and the motion of the boat rocking is heavenly.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:25 am

LinnaeusCat wrote:
I grew up with rocking chairs, but haven't found one yet as an adult that's 1. cheap and secondhand yet 2. has decent lower back support.

Now I know what I have to look for...

Kaeru
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2010, 10:42 am

I'd like one, but I don't have enough room. The "SVÄVA" one from IKEA looks nice.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 11:47 am

Kaeru wrote:
I'd like one, but I don't have enough room. The "SVÄVA" one from IKEA looks nice.

Do they actually sell them in IKEA the adult versions of one?