what charactor from the movies and you relate to in life?

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2006, 3:28 pm

LowShoe wrote:
Is TV valid for this thread? If so, include Dwight Shupe from The Office (US - I've yet to enjoy any of the UK originals). Picky, pedantic, rule-bound and socially inept, I've got to think this character was developed as an Aspie caricature.

I feel like Shupe, as well as...

Javert, from Les Miserables, not his eventual , but more his absolute adherence to the rules as well as his obsessive detective work/never letting Jean Valjean out of his head. (And I like the movie better than both the book and the musical.)

Bean, from Ender's and Ender's Shadow, mostly because of the analytical way he views the world rather than his extraordinary intelligence, as well as how he chooses to make friends based on other criterion than an actual affinity for companionship. (And I know that they are not movies, but they could be...and ought to be.)

Napolean Dynamite. Why? Because while I hope I am nowhere near as geeky and weird, I'm pretty sure people see me as a female version of his bumbling, socially inept character. Actually, I know they do because a coworker told me so. Oh well.

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2006, 4:08 pm

lol
my friend is somrhow related to that actor who did ND.
she says that he is such a stonner.

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2006, 6:18 pm

charlie brown from all the charlie brown specials :lol:

thadius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2006, 7:09 pm

AspieGurl wrote:
charlie brown from all the charlie brown specials :lol:

Now that I think about it, that's one of the names all the other kids used to call me when I was a kid because I was such a clueless loser. They even said I looked like him. Good Grief!

wayward
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Feb 2006, 8:44 pm

How about Wednesday from "The Addams Family?"

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2006, 8:25 am

Quote:

Hahahah! I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned this, but when I first saw the Addams Family movie (I saw the tv show a few times much later), my first thought was "She's just like me, I should be in that family."

waltr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2008, 8:32 pm

Yes, it's a great one. One of the few movies that makes me cry.

TuDoDude wrote:
That Stanley Kramer classic "Bless the Beasts and the Children" (which was faithful to Swarthout's novel) tells of 6 adolscent strangers who are sent to a summer camp (because their families don't want to deal with them). Initially, they are placed in other cabins (dorms) but are systematically kicked out and are put in a cabin together. These 6 are what would be known today as the "geeks" or "nerds" etc. but are basically the scourge of the camp (led by the adult camp counselor). The adult in charge of their cabin is a former "jock" who disdainfully tells them that they are all "a bunch of dinks. A dink is someone that doesn't fit in anywhere at anytime." The counselor leads the rest of the camp in calling them "bedwetters".

The strength of this story is that each of the 6 tune in to a higher, more noble purpose (which proves to be their destruction). In short, they are ostracized and humiliated by being different than the herd. It is not just a physical bullying (as many with AS state) but the group mentality outnumbering them. Two of the 6 (an older Bill Mumy) are capable of physically fighting back so the NTs have to conspire to outnumber them.

A great, tragic movie that anyone interested in AS may be interested in viewing.

waltr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2008, 8:37 pm

For most of my life the character I most associated with was Spock. Later in life Data. The characters I've most wanted to be were Gary Hobson from Early Edition and Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap.

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2008, 8:41 pm

Dave Stoller from "Breaking Away" (innocent & obsessed) with a touch of Sheldon Cooper (without the arrogance).

Electric_Kite
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 8:49 pm

Stephen Maturin. From Patrick O'Brian's series of novels, and the Master and Commander: Far Side of the World movie that was made from them.

theotherle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2008, 9:12 pm

Civet wrote:
Quote:

Hahahah! I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned this, but when I first saw the Addams Family movie (I saw the tv show a few times much later), my first thought was "She's just like me, I should be in that family."

Me too. My boyfriend said she was his first crush - along with Lydia from Beetlejuice. Hmm...

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 9:14 pm

The kid from rocket science, particularly when he answered the phone and stuttered until the caller knew it was him.

Owendust
Raven
Raven

14 Oct 2008, 9:14 pm

Elijah Price; "Mr. Glass" from "Unbreakable" (Samuel L. Jackson's character).

Because I have the same rare bone disease that he had and a pretty similar childhood.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 9:19 pm

People have said that I have many similarities to Will, of Good Will Hunting. I agree. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:37 pm

I relate to Dr Elliot Reid from scrubs. She has many traits in common with me.

I have been compared to Sarah Silverman, and the girl from American Pie who went to "Band Camp".

And Phoebe off Friends.

Taking a break.

Last edited by zen_mistress on 14 Oct 2008, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:51 pm

double post

Taking a break.