Who else sucks at posing for photographs?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2010, 12:16 pm

I don't know how to not look akward in a photograph, but it seems like everyone else has a flawless signature pose!

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 12:19 pm

You look great in your avatar.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

The person I see in the mirror and the person I see in the photograph are two different people. I don't know how much subjectivity is in play because I'm the observer in both. I am not photogenic, perhaps I tense suddenly or something, maybe it's a matter of lighting. I've probably seen less than 5 photos of myself that I like. I can't pose just like i can't flirt. I can smile weakly though. I hate posed photographs anyway.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 1:39 pm

My sister turns her back to the camera. I [if I cannot sneak out of the picture] assume one of my impenetrable shield personae. My other sister [and many others in their ways] puts on a smile she / they would never wear in real life.

I tend not to look at the product. I know how I look from inside the control room.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 1:52 pm

I stink at it to. I tried to put my picture in the avatar a few times, only for the shrinking of it to mess up horribly. Shrinking the size caused one eye to be 3 times the size of the other. This turkey was easier, since it was already near the right size the first time. I don't know how to post images in a post either.

LostAndFound
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2010, 1:57 pm

I totally suck at photographs, and always look 100 times worse in a picture than I actually looked when it was taken. :oops:

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:41 pm

I very seldom look good in photos. I'm either blank and awkward, or I have a phony as hell smile (and look awkward). At Thanksgiving last year, my BF & I got our picture taken by the hotel photographer. They took 3 pictures, and we got to choose one for the actual prints. In one of them, I look ok but awkward (normal for me in pictures), in another I actually looked good (amazingly!! !), while in the third I have this bizarre, open-mouthed grin that makes me look really, really strange. My BF picked the one in which I look weird. When I asked him why, he said that it better reflected my personality. 8O

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2010, 3:36 pm

Squirrelrat wrote:
I don't know how to not look akward in a photograph, but it seems like everyone else has a flawless signature pose!

I have the same issue as the others above me.

Also, i don't like seeing "my past self". It makes me feel uncomfortable, and to be honest it doesn't really feel like "me", but another entity.

So yeah, i don't like them

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 3:37 pm

There is something about posing for photographs that forces me into "get the most stupid possible look on my face and assume the most idiotic possible position" mode. It isn't that I try to do these things - it would be nice to not always look like an alien. But I just can't seem to force myself to do anything which is effective when trying to pose for a photo. The only way with even a small chance of an acceptable result is for someone to catch me unawares, so that I'm not posing.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 3:41 pm

I kinda do - my head is off to somewhat of an angle in some pictures.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 3:59 pm

Squirrelrat wrote:

You just stand there look a little to the left or right, depending on which is your best side and smile like you are saying cheese and there you have it, the perfect photo.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 4:09 pm

I'm a terrible poser. My arms are always limp at my side.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 4:10 pm

I hate having my picture taken. I can't fake a smile at all.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 5:06 pm

The only photo of me that I actually like was taken by a friend who was trying to put together a portfolio to be a professional photographe. He took three rolls and all are crap except for one where he made some off-the-wall comment and I started laughing and he had the presence of mind to snap the shutter quickly in the moment. I LOVE that picture of myself. I guess you kind of have to surprise me with the camera to get anything good. Posed photos of me are always shite.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 8:11 pm

I cant even smile at will. I can only smile in a photo if it's unintended by something like laughing. So I try to think of something funny when a picture is taken.

Plus being half asian, I have squinty eyes and a chubby face so everytime a photo is taken of me, I can have my eyes wide open, and it will still look like I'm blinking. It's atrocious!

This is why I took off all the pics of me on facebook and asked my friends to stop tagging me in photos.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 2:18 am

I never look good in pictures. I'm not very photogenic at all; I'm prettier in real life than I am in pictures. Maybe part of the reason is that my smiles in photographs are almost always very forced and fake. Out of the many pictures I've been in in the last couple of years, only two of them feature genuine smiles.