What is the one major sensation that you cant stand?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

unourjeluz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2009, 7:59 am

The one that gives you goosebumps or almost brings you to tears just thinking about,but so far you are the only one you know that has the aversion.

Mine is the feeling of opening a bag of sugar. Something about the feeling of the paper the bag is made from accompanied by the loose sugar thats always there ,ewwwww...cant stand it.

Hayes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2009, 8:14 am

An imagined one - scraping my bent toes down a block of ice.

Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 9:58 am

lol I hate opening sugar too but mostly because it just gets everywhere.

Hmmm...

I guess I don't have a specific one. Maybe it's drinking stuff with powder in it. Like the last of a box of cereal, or cup o noodles... I hate drinking the last few gulps because of the bits that collect at the bottom. I'll sift the cereal out of the bottom of the box with my fingers in order not to get those bits in the first place.

Wikan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2009, 10:02 am

The sensation of licking my tongue dry on a piece of paper.

Last edited by Wikan on 16 Nov 2009, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 10:10 am

Spinning. I'm not the only one who has this aversion but although I know I'm not literally alone, it doesn't seem to bother most people.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 10:27 am

Rubbing my hands on something sticky. Pine sap is the worst. I also have some trouble with the feel of my own skin when I'm sweaty or dirty. I can't go more than a day without showering or I start to feel uncomfortable. I'm pretty diligent when it comes to hygiene.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 10:32 am

i can not tolerate repetitive sounds.

if a sound repeats in an exact sequence over and over again, and if i can not get away from it, it will drive me crazy and i will intend to quash the source of the repetitive sound.

i also dislike smells that i can not escape from that i find horrid....like BO or bad breath. if i am enclosed in a crowd where i whiff a smell i do not like, i am not interested in anything except escaping outside, and that may entail injuries to bystanders if they impede my exit.

i never willingly get raveled in crowds.

Sala
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2009, 11:16 am

The one sensation I cannot stand no matter what is....

Holy socks. I cannot wear a sock with a hole. According to my mother, I've had this aversion since I was an infant. The worst two places for the hole to be located are the toes, and the heel. I cant even look at a sock with holes without getting an awful shiver up my spine. Everyone thinks it's funny to show me their feet when there are holes in their socks, and I try to be a good sport but I really hate it...

I've never met or even heard of anyone having this aversion...

GreyThorn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2009, 11:31 am

Cotton balls. The thought of feeling all the fibers rubbing against each other, and the horrible squeaky, scraping sound of the cotton fibers. Awful invention. I refuse to touch them, and even just thinking about it gives me goosebumps and gags me.

16 Nov 2009, 11:34 am

I don't think there is anything that brings me to tears or gives me goosebumps.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 11:47 am

Someone getting my attention by touching my back-It's a good thing I don't know karate- Just thinking about it makes me flinch.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 12:07 pm

Basically anything dry (paper towels, for instance) touching or rubbing any part of the body that is not meant to be dry. For example, my usual dental hygienist was out on medical leave for a while, and the person who took her place wiped the inside of my mouth with some dry towel thing. OMG, I feel all sick and creepy all over just thinking about it. It makes every cell in my body want to lash out. :evil: :shaking: :eew: :wall: :help: :silent: :x :shaking:

matt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 12:08 pm

There are a lot more than one, but the one that I'm thinking of right now is static cling.

It makes everything stick to me. It makes my hair stand up. It feels weird and I can't get rid of it. My throat closes up and I feel like I can't breathe. I hate it so much.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 12:26 pm

b9 wrote:
i can not tolerate repetitive sounds.

if a sound repeats in an exact sequence over and over again, and if i can not get away from it, it will drive me crazy and i will intend to quash the source of the repetitive sound.

Oh my god have you ever stayed in a hotel/apartment near one of those crosswalks that beeps for one direction and chirps for the other? Those are the bane of my existence. LOL I had forgotten about those. (Probably blocked them out with PURE HATE.) It's the chirping that gets me.

Owendust
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2009, 1:03 pm

Walking in snow. As it moves and compresses, to me it makes that same horrible, screeching sound you get when you take a big piece of styrofoam out of a box.

Same thing with chewing ice...ugg.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 1:10 pm

Forgive me as I will not be following directions...I have a list.

1.) My fingernails rubbing against the inside of a sink or tub (that is not perfectly smooth...). It makes my teeth hurt.
2.) Touching a crayon that is not incased within it's paper wrapper. This also makes my teeth hurt.
3.) Dry cotton balls. Same reason as above.
4.) The thought of eating chalk. Same reason as above...I imagine it would yeild the same sensation and reaction.
5.) Socks with holes in the toes (but holes in the heel are fine) because it makes me crazy.
6.) Mud or anything that feels similar. I do not know why.