Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:12 am

I think she was just emotional. Excited but yet nervous.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 8:04 am

i thought the same thing once. i know she plays in twilight but i thought this when i saw her in speak, but i mostly thought that off the person she was pretraying only having the traits cause of what she had to go through. a lot of people thinks this
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 424AAxRtpG

Daftwrist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2010, 2:36 am

No way. She's just nervous. A lot of people act awkward when nervous. Awkwardness doesn't automatically = aspergers..

It's funny how people relate stuff to themselves. I go to a social anxiety forum, and over there they all think she has social anxiety...

For the record I think she has neither. But yeah she's definitiely an introvert who is uncomfortable in interviews.

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2010, 5:35 am

you know, i really was thnking that, she has a lot of symptoms, and so does her character (a dislike for parties, monotone, routines, etc)
i dont know if she has it or not, but still, she does show symptoms

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 8:53 am

Today I saw her on Regis and Kelly briefly. Yeah, she is pretty f*****g awkward and kept bouncing her knee and shaking. Her voice was a bit strange. But she talked fine otherwise, looked at them, etc. I'm going to go with nervous.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 9:43 am

No.

laurchad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2011, 6:42 am

The reason I even searched this subject is because I dont see her having great eye contact, she is very awkward, and doesnt seem very comfortable. I know this isnt enough for a "diagnosis", but I have experienced with my daughter and some other girls with AS, they are already "acting" the part to fit into society, and with Kristen being an actress, I think she is doing what she can to "play" the part. I was just curious if anyone else noticed her. : )

JHenn
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Nov 2011, 9:27 am

Sort of off topic since this has nothing to do with Kristen Stewart.

The author of the Twilight books donates money to support organizations through her church that are AGAINST gay rights. If you're a fan, you're a fan. Not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone. I found out AFTER reading all of the books, but luckily I borrowed them from a friend I didn't buy them. I won't pay to see the movies either, I'm sure she gets money off them.

The fact that the Twilight books glamorous a completely abusive relationship is disgusting enough, I can't support something that tries to deny human rights to anyone.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

JHenn wrote:
The author of the Twilight books donates money to support organizations through her church that are AGAINST gay rights.

All the more reason to dislike Twilight. I didn't know that.

I love vampires but do not like Twilight for various reasons and shall add this to the list.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

JHenn wrote:
Sort of off topic since this has nothing to do with Kristen Stewart.

The author of the Twilight books donates money to support organizations through her church that are AGAINST gay rights. If you're a fan, you're a fan. Not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone. I found out AFTER reading all of the books, but luckily I borrowed them from a friend I didn't buy them. I won't pay to see the movies either, I'm sure she gets money off them.

The fact that the Twilight books glamorous a completely abusive relationship is disgusting enough, I can't support something that tries to deny human rights to anyone.

Wow I did not know that.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 4:05 pm

Twilight was my guilty pleasure but I acknowledge the low literary qualities of the series.

Not too surprised at the above, considering that Twilight is embraced for the most part by conformists.

As for Kristen Stewart, she is officially diagnosed with social anxiety, hence her awkwardness. Yes, I actually read that back when I researched Kirsten. Same goes for Robert Pattinson.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 5:16 pm

I thought Edward was named Edward for a reason.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:03 am

I'd say yes, she is AS.

Mostly because of the furtive eyes (flittering all over, while the interviewer eyes are pretty steady) and the cringing (make a grimace and turns head to the side when thinking in midsentence). Like it hurts to drag up the thoughts. It's a stim: I do it a lot. There's some leg shaking and slight body rocking in that interview, also.

The hand gestures in the interview look very "forced" to me. In the Twilight movie, she doesn't use hand gestures.

It reminds me of James Earl Jones (Darth Vader voice), who has a debilitating stutter in real life. But when acting, he doesn't stutter at all. Her gestures look like something learned in public speaking or acting lessons. Like she's just doing it to play the part of being NT.

rainbowlolly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2011, 3:51 am

I actually quite like Twilight xD
Anyway, I sort of think this myself... however as I haven't seen enough public appearances of her I don't feel I can judge.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2011, 6:15 am

Burnbridge wrote:

Mostly because of the furtive eyes (flittering all over, while the interviewer eyes are pretty steady) and the cringing (make a grimace and turns head to the side when thinking in midsentence). Like it hurts to drag up the thoughts. It's a stim: I do it a lot. There's some leg shaking and slight body rocking in that interview, also.

Which reminds me of this video.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

Aietra wrote:
Ohh, heaven forbid that Aspies too should be sucked into the Twilight "phenomenon"!

I love Twilight. Don't really care how many other people like it too. *shrug*

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu