Page 5 of 12 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Do you want children?
NO 66%  66%  [ 125 ]
Yes 19%  19%  [ 36 ]
I already have/had children 14%  14%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 188

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2009, 12:52 pm

StewartMango wrote:

^A woman gave me that comment when I posted this on Facebook, so I tried to write 20 ways I can grow up, to mock her immaturity.

Also this woman keeps demanding I remove this, but it's what as a parent you may have to deal with and I'm just explaining, WHY I don't want children.

www.stewartmango.com

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 1:19 pm

StewartMango wrote:
StewartMango wrote:

^A woman gave me that comment when I posted this on Facebook, so I tried to write 20 ways I can grow up, to mock her immaturity.

Also this woman keeps demanding I remove this, but it's what as a parent you may have to deal with and I'm just explaining, WHY I don't want children.

Is this person a "friend" you chose? Sheesh-she's nutty. How does a well reasoned personal decision not to have children translate to you not caring about the tragic death of a two year old?

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2009, 1:32 pm

I am fine with those who are child-free, just like any who make life choices for themselves. What I am not fine with are the "rabid child-free". They're the nuts who seem more obsessed with children and parents, than the parents themselves. They sit around and think of derisive terms for parents, such as "moos", and call children "crotch loaves". It is one thing to make the choice not to have, it's another to make a large production out of it. Perhaps people react negatively because they feel as if you're being pushy with your beliefs.

I have several friends who don't want children, and they're quite happy. One turned out to be a rabid child-free person, and I could not handle being around him. That level of obsession is not healthy.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2009, 1:47 pm

veiledexpressions wrote:
I am fine with those who are child-free, just like any who make life choices for themselves. What I am not fine with are the "rabid child-free". They're the nuts who seem more obsessed with children and parents, than the parents themselves. They sit around and think of derisive terms for parents, such as "moos", and call children "crotch loaves". It is one thing to make the choice not to have, it's another to make a large production out of it. Perhaps people react negatively because they feel as if you're being pushy with your beliefs.

I have several friends who don't want children, and they're quite happy. One turned out to be a rabid child-free person, and I could not handle being around him. That level of obsession is not healthy.

I don't mind parents, just those nut ball parents who think they're better then everyone because they have a child OR parents who obsess over their children, my Aunt has 3 children and even she hates them!

www.stewartmango.com

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2009, 2:00 pm

StewartMango wrote:
veiledexpressions wrote:

I don't mind parents, just those nut ball parents who think they're better then everyone because they have a child OR parents who obsess over their children, my Aunt has 3 children and even she hates them!

Well, that I understand. I love my children, but can't handle being around other children. In fact, there are days when I wish to hide from mine. lol

I've never felt any bit of interest when parents are bragging about what their child is doing, even if it's family. I assumed that was just because I was an Aspie.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 3:25 pm

One of the kind of, hmm, odd things about getting an AS diagnosis, to me was suddenly finding myself in a group about which it was discussed, or who themselves discussed whether they ought to have children or not... I had never imagined that I ever should belong to such a group... :( as it's certainly said about very few people.

I've always thought that I might get some one day, and as a kid I read a lot on childrearing, birth, pregnancy etc., kind of an obsession maybe, and I also imagined myself being a mother and played a lot with baby dolls.

But now, as a grown up, I don't long for getting kids. But don't absolutely reject the thought either.
However, I ask myself if I would be able to take well care of them, or if I would be too confused or forget too many things, or if I would forget to teach them too many NT-like "normal" things, or not do things right, be too executively dysfunctional in some aspects, become too overwhelmed or whatnot... :( so I don't know if I should make it a conscious choice as such. (And say that I've had my "maternity" period in my childhood.)

Another thing is, I don't long for a boyfriend / getting married and don't think it matters. So there would most likely not be a father in the first place. But also here: I might change my mind, I've not taken nun vows or such. :wink: It has just never been an interest to me. As in, you couldn't even call me "picky", because I never looked for one... :P

Just now I just think: fine if it happens, fine if it doesn't.
I am an aunt and enjoy that! :D

But just the thought of belonging to a group that maybe, maybe not ought to have kids, that's a bit odd, and a bit sad, like: another thing I wouldn't be able to... and should we then also discuss whether we ourselves should have been born or not? Probably not, maybe my logic just runs too far here?

Maybe I just end up like the kind of crazy, spinsterlike auntie... but maybe it isn't that bad?? :P

22 Nov 2009, 3:49 pm

StewartMango wrote:

Cool, I would like to read it.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 3:57 pm

How 'bout 20 reasons why Facebook sucks...

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2009, 4:12 pm

StewartMango wrote:
StewartMango wrote:

Where in the world did this woman come from, and where does she come off thinking that she can just attack you like that? I'm sure she could find plenty of blogs a million times more offensive where she could take her crusade. Not that I found what you said offensive.

Jeez I said "where" quite a bit. :oops:

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 4:20 pm

Wow, that woman is a nasty JERK!

22 Nov 2009, 4:36 pm

I wonder what she thinks of kids who are brats or bullies? Still okay and perfect?

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2009, 7:30 pm

Let me introduce you guys to the "comment war" she had on this note I put:
http://www.facebook.com/StewartMango?v= ... 5956582604

Her and this kid argued for 3 HOURS!! !

www.stewartmango.com

Rigdust
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2009, 7:44 pm

There is no good reason whatsoever to have children.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

22 Nov 2009, 7:59 pm

I don't understand why anyone's forcing you to have children at 20; that's ridiculous.

I don't think I'll ever be old enough for my mum to say I'm old enough to have children anyway! I do want them, and I am pretty confident I will be a good mother. I already step-parent, and I helped my mother bring up my brother, so it's all good.

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2009, 9:05 pm

Rigdust wrote:
There is no good reason whatsoever to have children.

I'm trying to populate the world with Aspies. ;) We will take over, and the NT will be the minority. lol One could dream...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 10:45 pm

I don't want them.

I get told all the time I will change my mind and that will only EVER happen if i'm with a man I love and am rich etc and want them then.

I see children mainly as a financial burden.