Page 10 of 12 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Do you want children?
NO 66%  66%  [ 125 ]
Yes 19%  19%  [ 36 ]
I already have/had children 14%  14%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 188

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 12:04 am

SpiritBlooms wrote:
Tantybi wrote:
The billions of people...so what. You got billions of people who could care less about you in this world. I once volunteered for an "old folks home." Many of the patients there didn't have family visiting them, and they clinged onto any volunteers they could. Some would scream out for family members who passed away for hours. The ones who didn't have family visiting them frequently were miserable. They all (all the patients even ones with family) would have been happier living with a family member. The ones who do end up living with a family member or got visits from family members didn't get visits from their parents or spouses, but their children.
Yes, and I understand you're including this in a very long list of other things, but by itself it would be a very selfish reason to have children.

It is my one fear about aging, I confess, but it's not a reason to regret being childless. I figure that I'll manage. If it means being lonely in a nursing home at some point, maybe I'll find a way to avoid that, and if not, I'll just wait it out.

This has been the most difficult part of being someone's child, I can tell you that. My mom had cancer and needed home hospice care. My dad couldn't handle it, so it was myself and my sister who took care of her. I don't regret a moment of it, but it was one of the most difficult things I ever did. My dad died yesterday, and my sister had nearly the entire burden this time because I was unable to be there. So that's two parents she went through this with, and it was a huge burden -- though I'm sure she'd say she doesn't regret a moment of it. Still, why would I want to do that to my children?

It was different when people had everyone living in one house, and everyone helped out. These days it's usually one or two children who care for the elderly parents if anyone does, and if someone can't they feel terrible guilt -- as I do regarding my dad. Some of those old folks who do have children wind up in nursing homes with no visitors anyway.

I think you make a great argument for children -- my mother used to say money didn't matter so much if you had plenty of love. I think that's true, and still wish my parents could've afforded to help me with college -- though I'm grateful for everything they did.

There's no perfect picture, either of childlessness or of having children. Everyone has to choose for themselves.

I think the most important thing is to CHOOSE -- not do anything dumb that causes it to happen without a little planning and choice. Everyone's happier that way, I think.

Actually, I didn't mean that as a reason to have kids as much as getting over the idea that there are a bunch of people already in this world. Like it's my way of saying... All the people in the world isn't going to care about you. That's what family is for.

Actually also, I really think that people should have kids just because they want them. If they don't want kids, then don't have them. I was just saying for those who weren't sure or those who do want kids and are afraid to have them that a lot of reasons to not have kids can be equally turned into either reasons to have kids or something you don't really need to worry about. I kind of wish I were better prepared for them mentally...not emotionally...because I just like that kind of heads up. Some lessons I've had to learn the hard way, and for me to list those lessons would be a much longer post than the one I already left, so I left it at that....

The best part of what you said that I totally agree with and love....

Quote:
I think the most important thing is to CHOOSE -- not do anything dumb that causes it to happen without a little planning and choice. Everyone's happier that way, I think

:salut:

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2009, 4:55 am

Tantybi wrote:
StewartMango wrote:
I am tired of people telling me I have problem, because I DON'T want children!! !
I'll even give 20 reasons why I don't want them:

1. Birth.

2. Responsibility. All of life's prior responsibilities pale in comparison.

3. Diapers.

4. 3am wake ups. Caring for a child takes a lot of physical and emotional energy, made all the harder by babies that only sleep for ninety minutes at a time.

5. Hard on marriages. A baby takes so much time and attention that spouses must already have a great friendship and work well together before the baby arrives.

6. Advice. Total strangers leap forward to offer advice about how to raise your child. Most of the advice is contradictory and flat out wrong. Strangers will be much easier to ignore than your friends and family, many of whom have raised children quite successfully. Some advice you may want, but lots of it will be unsolicited and unappreciated.

7. Changed relationships. When your family expands by the addition of a child, your relationships with everyone, and I mean everyone, changes.

8. Free time. You will have none. Most time not spent with your child will be spent catching up on work you need to get done.

9. Worry. Parents always worry about their children, monitoring how fast they reach each milestone and how well they grow, eat, sleep, crawl, walk, read, make friends, and so on.

10. Money. Children are expensive in several ways.

11. Laundry. Children do not contribute to household chores until they are older, and even then they generate more work than labor.

12. Tantrums.

13. Rebellion.

14. Dissonance.

15. Pain. Your child will cry and you won't know why or how to fix it.

16. 6 billion people.

17. Failed expectations.

18. Lost freedom.

19. Hard work.

20. The unthinkable. The death of a child, while unlikely, is devastating.

I'm impressed that someone who doesn't have children know what all comes with the job....who says we lack emapthy?

I was one who spent most of my life not wanting children. I helped take care of other people's children, and I didn't want any of my own. Then I joined the military, and being away from my family made me realize how much I wanted to create one of my own. Then the timing was right cause as I was getting used to the idea of these feelings, I met mister right. Now, I have 2 kids (one just turned 3, and the other is about to turn 2), and one on the way. I really didn't know what all came with the job, and a lot of it I am not a fan of, but I promise you, I never really knew love until I had children. So when people say it really is worth it...it really is.

Anyway, while the list was pretty accurate as obstacles of raising kids, what it lacks is how people with kids get passed those obstacles. So, in my experience....

Birth is no big deal if you get the epidural. My sister had it easy because they induced all her births, so she had the epidural long before she started feeling any real pain. Me, I went into labor 2 weeks early on both of my children, and it really depends on the hospital on how soon you get that epidural. My first was the longest because I take my time (cause she's my first) to get to the hospital, but she came out fast... and then the doctor took his time, and they refused to give me an epidural without a script from the doctor (which is something I could have gotten in advance if I knew it was needed). Then they had to call the anesthesiologist (spelling) and I had to wait on him to get there. I went from 3 cm dialated to 9 cm dialated in about one to two hours and then got the epidural. I was in so much pain. But once I got that epidural...Life was awesome. I still like to think back to that feeling where I was in the worst pain I ever felt to not feeling anything at all from the waist down. It was like a high to relieve that amount of pain in the minutes it took the epidural to take effect. I did get some anxiety from the idea that everyone was able to see parts of my body I didn't want to be seen, but on that day, you really don't care. With the second child, I had the epidural within a half hour from getting to the hospital, and at that point, it felt like the worst period cramps you'll ever have, but nothing compared to the pain I had going on with my first before getting that epidural. But, I hear it gets easier the more children you have....

Now one thing to consider about birth... They say it reduces a lot of complications a woman might go through in menopause to give birth when she's younger.

On responsibility, yeah it's very important. This is one thing that I've had a hard time doing. But, I never wanted to be responsible in the past, and now I do because I want the best for my kids. I just don't always know how. So the problem isn't that I have to be responsible, the problem is that I'm never going to be good enough in my mind for the expectations I give myself as the mother of my children.

Diapers...no big deal. Given, I have only girls, and boys can be a bit more complicated, but with all things in life, you totally get used to it. One of my friends had a system down for diapers by the time her son was 2, and she could change a poopy diaper in less than 10 seconds. I still haven't beaten that record, but I try.

The 3 AM wakeups... When I had my first, I breastfed. They told me to feed her every 2 hours, and to wake her up if she was sleeping. I did that. I went insane. I didn't sleep for the first 3 months hardly at all, and then it was one year before she slept through the whole night. What's worse? My husband at the time was military, and he lost base driving priveledges for her first month due to receiving 4 parking tickets (for the same thing) the night I was in the hospital giving birth to her. So, I had to drive him (with the baby in the dead of winter) to PT in the mornings, to home, to work, to home for lunch, to work and then to home every day, which interefered majorly with the eating and sleeping cycle. What I did to get some sleep once in a while (like when I was getting serious meltdowns from the fatigue alone) is pump and make the husband feed the baby while I slept. Now the second baby, I started breastfeeding her. The first week, I didn't wake her up to feed her. I let her decide when she eats. She had longer feeding times than my first, as well as longer breaks in between. When you breastfeed, the baby loses weight the first week, and she didn't lose as much weight as my first in the process, but the nurse (the idiot) was concerned about her weight and wanted me to supplement with formula. So I did (like the idiot I am for listening to an idiot), and I loved it. The thing though is that breast milk is healthier than formula, but formula is more filling and fattening. So I switched to formula and I slept fine in comparison to the first, but not like the way I would if i didn't have children. She probably with the formula ate every 3 hours during the day, and then would sleep 4 to 6 hours at night. She also got overweight from the formula, and that same idiot nurse wanted me to put her on a diet that by WIC's definition would have malnourished her. Either way, the first year is the most rough on sleeping, but every kid is different, and night time routines (like bath, book, etc.) help the baby fall asleep at night and stay asleep throughout the night. But with kids, you will always have those nights that generally happen when you least expect it.

On marriages, it has been hard on our marriage. In our case, I remember when my husband and I were first dating, he asked me if marriage would change me. You know how some women become a different woman as a wife than as a girlfriend. I told him it wouldnt, but motherhood would. I was right. Having kids make you grow up. I guess the biggest problem was that I was more tolerant of his flaws when he was just the husband, but I'm not so tolerant of those flaws with him as a father. The same thing goes back to me...he was more tolerant of things when I was his wife than how I am now as the mother. That's normal when the relationship is experiencing growth...in other words, our kids brought us closer together rather than taking a toll.

The ADVICE is the worse thing. Yeah, total strangers are always criticizing you on how you parent, but that's not as bad as the people in your life like your mother, friends, in-laws, etc. Everybody has an opinion and just has to voice it for sake of the children. I get it more because I'm weird. I'm not one to spank and scream at my kids, and I get a lot of problems as a result (people actually expect you to spank and scream at your kids because that's called discipline, but when you word it like that, they mean discipline in the sense you already use...yeah right). What's funny? You get "advice" from people who don't have kids, and you get it from people who really could use some advice of their own with their kids. They will argue with you on how to raise your kids, so it's really beyond advice and into an ego thing. I have found the best way to get passed this is to complain about it to the very people who do it, but complain about it like it's someone else. They eventually get the picture and back off. The other trick I do in the heat of an argument, I pull what many parents of autistic kids pull.. the poor me syndrome. I start talking about all my problems with bills and house cleaning and my own personal health and I don't know what I can do, I agree that I suck, I add some tears, and then all the sudden instead of criticizing me, it's all about how great of a job I'm already doing. I will admit though that sometimes I'm serious when I pull the pity card, but sometimes I do fake it to end the argument.

My relationships with everyone has changed. My mom and I are closer now. My best friend and I drifted apart to more acquaintences. I miss having her around like i used to, but when I think back to that life, it was empty. My children make me complete, not my best friend. To be honest, as a parent, I don't have the time and energy to put into my friendships like I used to, so our relationship has changed, but we are still best friends. We still help each other out. I had a meltdown yesterday, and my best friend stopped what she was doing on a dime to come over and help me. There are times I do the same for her, but we just don't do that everyday for normal things like we used to. Facebook also helps with little everday things.

My free time is gone. I do try a morning routine of some internet fun before I start my day, and some days it takes all day just to get 20 minutes straight on the net. Some days, I'm on and off in less than five. It's one of those things where you have good days and bad. Most of my free time though isn't gone because of the kids. Most of it is gone because of the decisions I make in general. Things like procrastination, avoiding problems, and basic laziness hinder my free time more than anything else. I need to focus on things like routines, stability, and action and I'm sure I'll see the free time pouring out.

The worry...I'm addicted to worry, so I was going to worry about things whether or not I have kids. I'm just glad I finally have something worth worrying about. The thing though is that I'm weird, so I don't really worry about the milestones. I worry about other things like safety. The milestones are bull. Kids will do their thing when they are good and ready. Somethings they hit up way sooner than normal, and some things are later than the norm. No big deal. The things that are really later than others (not based on a chart from the doctor's office, but based on your gut feelings and what you see with other kids your child's age), instead of worrying about that, I tend to worry about what I can be doing to help the situation.

Money... You will always need money. If I did a poll asking "Could anyone use 500 bucks right now?" How many people do you think will respond with "No"? All the children do is shift your spending priorities, and trust me, it's so much fun spending on them. It's like I'm still a Toys R Us kid. Best of all...NO GUILT. I feel guilty buying me a new outfit or blowing money on my friends at the bar...I always have. Now, I don't feel guilty buying the crib or the pack n play or the huge toy that they never play with. If it's for the kids, there's no guilt. What's better, I have more money now because of the kids. Because I decided to grow up, I also decided to learn more about investing and money management, and I make much better decisions now with my money. If I had this mind frame when I was 18, I would be debt free with a ton of money sitting in savings.

Housework... I hate it. I'm domestically challenged. I've read parts of Organizing for Dummies, and I read the Clutter Diet more than once, and it's helped. But I still suck. Laundry is easy if you have a washer and dryer that works. Not fun going to the laundromat with a bunch of loads and a baby. One time I went to the laundromat with my first child, and I bent down into the dryer to put a handfull of clothes into it, and when I stood up (all of three seconds), some drunk guy was trying to take my child out of the stroller next to me. Fortunately, he was too drunk to realize she was buckled in. I of course stopped it, and then I had to keep a very close eye on her obviously.... Housework is hard for me in general, and my hardest thing isn't trying to keep up, but trying to make a change in my lifestyle. Before I had kids, I let my house get nasty until I had a date come over. Now that I have kids, I'm all the sudden expecting to be a neat person when I'm not. It's tough to make that change. If I were a neat freak normally, the kids wouldn't add too much more to my daily chores.

Tantrums.... Most of the time, I can tolerate a lot of them. Sometimes though, I get really frustrated by them, and that's when I usually step away if I can. Fortunately, I do have a husband I can force into dealing with it for me on those moments. He does the same to me...it's okay. My theory is, you never want to handle children when you are angry because you never know your strength (autism or NoT). So as a result, if everyone around you is on the same page, then there is no problem with someone who isn't angry helping out and giving you a break. Now, I feel for single moms because they don't always have that kind of help. With my kids, my oldest has meltdowns, and I'm learning there is a difference. I tend to truly empathize with her during her meltdowns that I just want to hold her and try to comfort her just as if she were crying from pain from falling or something. Now the actual temper tantrums are very rare in comparison to the meltdowns, and I have a rule in this house that helps. When you are that upset, you go to your bed and calm down. It's not technically a time out cause it's not timed. It's just whatever it takes to re-adjust the attitude. Sometimes I call it "chillifying yourself." If my daughter leaves the bed still upset, I put her back in. When she calms down, she's allowed to come out on her own free will, but sometimes (thanks to people like my husband who try to make it an actual time out) she sits there beyond the time she calmed down, and I have to go in to let her know it's okay to come out and play. It has worked very well for us so far.

Rebellion and dissonance...I haven't experienced that yet. Maybe I'm not getting what was meant by it. I mean I guess sometimes my kids will defy me as a parent, but it doesn't totally bother me. It is starting to become an issue because I'm about to have a third child, and I really will need the first one to listen to me more for her own safety, or I won't be able to take all three kids somewhere by myself. My kids are still very young, so a lot of the idea of rebellion isn't as much an issue until they get older.

When your child cries and you don't know why, if you keep investigating, you'll figure it out. It's like a brain teaser, but you don't get to decide when you approach it. So, sometimes when it's 3 AM and you haven't slept for days, it takes you 8 hours to figure it out or resolve it without ever figuring it out. Sometimes, you figure it out in retrospect after you've slept a while. Either way, it can be tough, but you just keep telling yourself these two things and it makes it easier... One, the child is crying for a reason. Two, the child eventually will go to sleep. It can be emotional when you know the child is in pain and can't figure out what to do about it, but when the child feels better, so do you.

The billions of people...so what. You got billions of people who could care less about you in this world. I once volunteered for an "old folks home." Many of the patients there didn't have family visiting them, and they clinged onto any volunteers they could. Some would scream out for family members who passed away for hours. The ones who didn't have family visiting them frequently were miserable. They all (all the patients even ones with family) would have been happier living with a family member. The ones who do end up living with a family member or got visits from family members didn't get visits from their parents or spouses, but their children.

Failed expectations...not sure i get that because it's vague and I'm taking it on something kinda personal to me right now, but we all fail at some expectations. I tend to be too hard on myself. I'm trying to let up, and I got my thing going. Instead of letting it depress me like it has in the past, I'm letting it fuel my drive to improve.

Lost freedom... I'm still free. I just have to take my kids with me.

Hard work... yeah, I always work hard or I'm hardly working. No different with or without kids.

The unthinkable can happen to you no matter what. It's just one of those things where it's better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all. My friend lost her daughter when her daughter was 2 years old. She wouldn't go back and undo those two years to avoid the pain of losing her child.

NOW for a list of perks:

Pregnancy makes food taste better, and you want to get fat.
Then the kids take a lot of energy (and will eat all your food for you), so then you lose weight.

You have a reason to need a back rub/ full body massage from your husband, and you can guilt him into giving you one...

When your friends call you wanting to hang out and you just want to be alone, you tell them you can't get a babysitter.

That huge desire to help someone and take care of people...now you have someone worth taking care of.

You grow up

You got the best motivation ever to improve yourself

You have a reason to work and work hard, so you find a purpose in everything you do (including putting up with BS at the workplace)

When depressed, you find a reason to live

Remember when you were a kid circling toys from a catalog you wanted for Christmas and then was at the mercy of the adult to get it for you? Now you get to decide what toys to buy. Then you get to play with them (with your children) and nobody thinks it's odd.

Also nobody thinks you are weird for watching cartoons as an adult because of course, your kids are watching them.

Like dogs, they have a better instinct when it comes to the intentions of people, so they kinda clue you in to who you can and cannot trust...if you pay attention.

Also in the social realm, you are now part of the parent clique

Benefits...you are more eligible for a lot of state benefits (including education benefits) if you got kids

Tax Benefits... not only do you get the child tax credit, extra exemptions, child care expense deduction, but it also increases the income guidelines for eligibility for the EIC and increases the credit.

In the military, they can be the reason you get to live in base housing instead of dorms, and they can increase your income (BAS).

Kids say the darndest things (that was once a show somewhere), and it's funny. Nothing better than their comic relief at random.

They are so creative...it will amaze you...and resourceful too.

You look at them and realize you made that.

They pull the cute card to get their way, but that cute card also changes your attitude from angry and annoyed to "aweeeeee look at that face" pretty quick.

Of course, the best thing of all is the love....when they cling on to you for dear life when you just pick them up, when they run to you first because they are scared, when they need a kiss on their boo boo, when they hug you because you look sad, when they just want to be held because they just want to be close to you, when they are afraid to fall asleep unless you are in the room with them, when they first start talking and one of the first words is momma or mommy.... yeah, hearing them call you mommy for the first time is just amazing.

Hmmm. I must admit, none of this is making parenthood sound any more appealing to me than it ever was, but each to their own.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 5:07 am

Why are people giving good reasons to be parents, If someone doesnt want a child, they dont want them, ANd the good points for you may not be for them. Its ok not to have a child, accept the decisons of others not to reproduce. You like children and want them, good for you have them, jst dont try to get those that dont to have them as well.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 5:44 am

For me, it depends, I would like to be married before I have kids and have a steady full time job in my trained profession as a legal assistant..I would not want to have kids if I am single...

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2009, 8:45 am

i dont want kids i find them disgusting they look like gremlins or demon things to me they're messy dirty an just :wall: errr their noise makes my head want to implode and i dont want to sacrifice my already complicated life for something far more horrible an long lasting

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 12:07 pm

I also don't wish to have kids but I've also keenly felt the pressure to have them particularly from parents. I have been physically tortured by my parents, because I have not had children. My traumas in life have for the most part involved children in some way.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 12:38 pm

I'm going to point this out again in a smaller post so people get what I'm saying...

The only reason someone should have kids is because they want kids. If you don't want kids, that's fine...don't have any kids.

I made a long post explaining how many parents overcome some of the negative aspects of parenting (as well as the perks of parenting), but they are not reasons to have or not have kids. There are women out there who have a bunch of kids just to increase their welfare check. Nine times out of ten, those kids are not receiving the care they need because the mom only wanted the money, not the child. So obviously, some tax benefits and state assistance is not a good reason to have a child.

Now on the flipside, there are many women out there who would like to have kids some day, and as they grow older, they feel the urge get stronger, but they are scared of parenting. Fear is not a reason to not have kids. While nobody is ever ready to have kids and it does take a leap of faith to decide to try for kids, only you can know when the timing is right for you in your life. But if you want kids, then don't deprive yourself of one of the greatest things that can happen to you for reasons like there's already billions of people on this earth.

I really liked the point already made... Don't be having kids when you don't want them. Accidents happen yes, but most accidents can be avoided. While birth control pills and condoms do some great things, and the idea of abortion sounds like it might be an option, if you are positive you don't want kids of your own ever, then go get whatever surgical procedure is available to your gender (some of them can be undone, but some insurance won't cover that).

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 1:16 pm

Eggman wrote:
when some one "young" says they dont want children, they are told they'll change their mind
Yet when someone "young" says they want children, they are not told they will change their mind

I agree with this point.

People do that to me too. If I say I don't want children I hear things like 'That's what you think' and 'You'll change your mind when you're older'.

But when a teenage girl says she wants kids, no one starts up that crap.

29 Nov 2009, 1:21 pm

I went throught a short period when I didn't want any because I couldn't stand my brothers. My mom said I'll change my mind because she also felt the same age when she was at that age because her sisters and brother bothered her. They be loud in the basement and she scream at them to be quiet. They lived in a tiny house. She was right.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 3:36 pm

not everyone's mom is right when sge says you'll change your mind

socalaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2009, 5:04 pm

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever want bio kids.

I would be more than fine with adoption should that possibility enter my life.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2009, 11:44 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3A01VOwzD0[/youtube]

I made a video about it and I went to see if that Beth chick starts flaming the video too.

But I'm glad all of you understand that I am NOT a horrible person. :D

www.stewartmango.com

angelicgoddess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2009, 1:10 pm

I must say, reading these loooong lists of how great it is to have kids actually makes me want them less. I mean what does someone with kids need to prove anyway? I can see why someone without kids would want to rationalize it (making a list of pro's and cons so to speak), but why would someone wíth kids? I don't see why you would put an effort into talking other people into having kids when there's clearly too many people on this earth... unless misery loves company :roll:

If you don't adore kids and if your dream is not to have some... please don't! There are people starving from a lack of attention who would 'adopt' you in a second... you can even pcik your age, gender etc... just give people positive attention and they will love you. For free!

Besides... moms around here would be so jealous of you Americans. There's no way you get anesthesia for childbirth in our country. Not a reason not to breed though; population rate is going up rapidly here too!

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2009, 1:58 pm

angelicgoddess wrote:
I must say, reading these loooong lists of how great it is to have kids actually makes me want them less. I mean what does someone with kids need to prove anyway? I can see why someone without kids would want to rationalize it (making a list of pro's and cons so to speak), but why would someone wíth kids? I don't see why you would put an effort into talking other people into having kids when there's clearly too many people on this earth... unless misery loves company :roll:

If you don't adore kids and if your dream is not to have some... please don't! There are people starving from a lack of attention who would 'adopt' you in a second... you can even pcik your age, gender etc... just give people positive attention and they will love you. For free!

Besides... moms around here would be so jealous of you Americans. There's no way you get anesthesia for childbirth in our country. Not a reason not to breed though; population rate is going up rapidly here too!

I think there are good, personal reasons on both sides. You cannot discriminate against the other side, but expect to be immune to criticism. I respect the choice made by those who don't have children, and I expect the same in return.

Those moms should not be jealous of anesthesia for childbirth, as it complicates the process. Natural births are often the best.

I do not tell anyone to have children because if they do not want them, I want them to refrain from reproducing. I did not plan to have children, but have enjoyed them.

I think this is one where people should be able to make personal choices, and others should stay out of their business. I will tell parents who criticise the child-free that they're wrong, and I will do the same to the CF who insist on generalizing and deriding parents.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2009, 4:31 pm

No kids vid topic

Interesting video. You have convinced me that you do not want kids.

What I find puzzling, however, is why you feel the need to beat roadkill.

Next subject, or is this to be a sticky? :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

shirochan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Dec 2009, 7:25 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
shirochan wrote:
I think it would be selfish to bring a new life into this world when there are already so many children who have no family.

I suspect a lot of people only have kids because they want slave labor, anyway.
I don't have a very high opinion of parenthood. Can you tell?

I suspect you are fairly young?

Heh, define "young". I'm 30. People say I would change my mind. If I ever do, I should be committed. Every time I hear a parent talk about their kids, they're bragging about how well they're disciplining them...as if they're a pet or something. It makes me sick.