greenturtle74’s Cartoon Guide to Asperger’s

Page 19 of 43 [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 43  Next

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2011, 4:03 am

Very cute way of giving an Aspergers Syndrome 101 guide! ^^

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 2:11 pm

HAHA great comic, and funny too :D

All people should read it! :)

WoWaddict
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2011, 1:16 pm

Great comic!! Clearly explains what Aspergers is without being too technical... and it was humorous too :) Keep up the good work, Greenturtle

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 7:58 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the guys in the first one look like they have goiters? It took me a few minutes to figure out that that was the nose, and not a goiter.

Last edited by SammichEater on 17 May 2011, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

15 May 2011, 10:31 am

That was the cutest thing ever!

:D

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2011, 6:04 pm

Something about the "take me to your leader" comic didn't seem right to me - after a while I've realised that for that to really fit me, the NT person needs to be saying "Do you want to meet our leader?" - with the AS person puzzling about why the NT thinks he's an alien. That fits my own experience better...

And I'm just setting out to find out if I have AS so can't won't be so presumptuous as to speak as an "Aspie" per se - but if I ever get a positive definite determination my own comic would be the Aspie with a thought bubble saying "Now I know what's wrong with the world - I have AS!"

Does that contra inticate AS tho??

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 3:42 pm

greenturtle74 wrote:
AmberEyes wrote:
There could be live acoustic, lyricless music in the shop to blot out the unpleasant sounds.

How about an accordion player by the French bread section?
I think that would be quite jolly and appropriate. Not only that, it would ease navigation, as the sound got louder, you'd know that you'd be approaching the French bread section.

I really would enjoy listening to a live accordion player while I did my shopping.
However, this might send some people screaming from the shop.

Yes! I would love this. :D

I think I would feel quite calmed if there was actually silence in the grocery store, except for ambient noise - people talking, carts rolling, registers beeping. (Maybe not the registers.) But for most people this would be so radical - so wrong! Isn't that how they did it back in
the old days? You walk in the store, "Oh, hello Mr. Smith, how's the fish today?"

Perhaps this a cultural clash issue, or rather a cultural musical overload issue.

Maybe the one of the reasons why people are so stressed these days is because their bodies are out of sync with their minds. Perhaps a barrage of wallpaper music and noise in the modern world interferes with an individual's cultural/tribal entrainment?

Also, lots of music is mass produced for passive consumption. Perhaps people would feel less stressed and culturally distanced if they could actively engage with the music rather than be force fed it?

I don't know, perhaps this idea of passive consumption originated from people going orchestral concerts and operas in the past. People would sit down and absorb western music from a distance they would not get up and do a groovy dance.

I remember having to sit down and passively listen to Reggae in music class. In this class, we studied Reggae at a clinical distance by quietly filling in a worksheet and writing an essay. It was so weird. We were studying Reggae like it was Bach!

I know that Reggae isn't Bach. It's from a completely different culture. I know that people in the Caribbean don't sit down quietly and write essays in order to engage with the music. Reggae is about getting up and dancing. It's about making music and active audience participation. You don't analyse it to death on a silly worksheet and sit down, you feel it.

I wonder if a lot of the modern alienation and cultural disconnect that people are feeling is something to do with the culturally clashing music that people are bombarded with. Maybe people feel mentally exhausted because they struggle to sync up culturally.

Piped music isn't distributed mindfully or with thought to people's environmental health.
People are force fed and told to buy music to listen to passively. In store radios are all about making money. It's not about preserving cultural traditions or respecting other cultures. It's about getting people to buy the next big hit by force feeding them over and over again.

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2011, 2:22 am

wow .. great, like it

Guilliman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2011, 5:13 am

I printed several copies. I might hand them out if I get the courage to tell my class I'm AS (depending on my diagnosis tomorrow. One person in my class is already terrified of me because I am different, so I see it as a need to explain (she freaks out when I am near her, even goes as far as taking a different tram). And to prevent others from feeling discomfort in the future, since I'll be sharing a classes with them next year too. It's a small group (me and 4 women) and I've grown to like them, so I feel it's my duty to keep them comfortable.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2011, 8:03 pm

AmberEyes wrote:
Perhaps this a cultural clash issue, or rather a cultural musical overload issue.

Maybe the one of the reasons why people are so stressed these days is because their bodies are out of sync with their minds. Perhaps a barrage of wallpaper music and noise in the modern world interferes with an individual's cultural/tribal entrainment?

Also, lots of music is mass produced for passive consumption. Perhaps people would feel less stressed and culturally distanced if they could actively engage with the music rather than be force fed it?

I don't know, perhaps this idea of passive consumption originated from people going orchestral concerts and operas in the past. People would sit down and absorb western music from a distance they would not get up and do a groovy dance.

I remember having to sit down and passively listen to Reggae in music class. In this class, we studied Reggae at a clinical distance by quietly filling in a worksheet and writing an essay. It was so weird. We were studying Reggae like it was Bach!

I know that Reggae isn't Bach. It's from a completely different culture. I know that people in the Caribbean don't sit down quietly and write essays in order to engage with the music. Reggae is about getting up and dancing. It's about making music and active audience participation. You don't analyse it to death on a silly worksheet and sit down, you feel it.

I wonder if a lot of the modern alienation and cultural disconnect that people are feeling is something to do with the culturally clashing music that people are bombarded with. Maybe people feel mentally exhausted because they struggle to sync up culturally.

Piped music isn't distributed mindfully or with thought to people's environmental health.
People are force fed and told to buy music to listen to passively. In store radios are all about making money. It's not about preserving cultural traditions or respecting other cultures. It's about getting people to buy the next big hit by force feeding them over and over again.

I think my body is certainly out of sync with my mind. And writing an essay to analyze reggae? Ridiculous!

I went to a different supermarket today and they played Buddy Holly. :) That was nice at least. I still hated their food selection, it was too crowded, and the cashier took forever to ring me up, but somehow I was less stressed than usual.

MissyA123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2011, 3:03 pm

That was so funny but its so true :flower:

FunkyDarkKnight
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2011, 4:47 am

Brilliant job! I think 'I'm not weird ...I'm just wired differently!' suits most people on WrongPlanet :P

BLAM.

AdamBacon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

That's very interesting. I like it:)

MissWiggy
Raven
Raven

05 Jun 2011, 5:06 am

You are very good at doodling and that is a great illustration! Thanks for sharing. If I ever need to explain AS to someone, this link would be in my list :D

Tantricbadass
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2011, 3:22 am

That makes sense.You just need to learn to draw better.If you could draw that manga style, I will pay you 50 bucks

PinkRangerV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2011, 12:01 am

Faceblindness? So that's what it's called! :) I was going crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't remember people when I bumped into them in places I didn't know! Drives me nuts...

Awesome comic. :)