Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 4:59 pm

Dopamine neurons may dampen social behavior in mouse model of autism

Quote:
Mice missing a copy of the autism-linked gene PTEN show a reduced preference for social interaction, possibly due to atypically large, overconnected dopamine neurons, according to a new study. Easing the overconnection may alleviate this trait, the researchers say.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 5:12 pm

Does this have an affect because the mice don't get "rewarded" as much by their brains for participating in social interaction? Sometimes I feel like my brain doesn't "reward" me for/derive pleasure from the type of interactions it should, so I don't seek them out as much.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 11:12 pm

I saw the imaging. That's a very trippy image. I guess I have a very trippy brain.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 12:22 pm

So it's that dopey dopamine 'o mine that's been causing all these problems.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)