Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Tonic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2009, 3:31 pm

Oh no.. not another "do i have aspergers?" thread 8)

Well im not english speaking so my english is not that good..

Im a girl and im 19 and i live in israel, and they gave me asperger dx but im not sure i have it :(

* I didnt have much friends in school, they were not nice to me and they called me things.

* I was afraid of things and i was almost a wimp.

* When i was 12 or 14 something, i started to get obsessed with different things that other didnt understand. All i did talk about was those things, untill i got bored of it.

* Im very funny and nice to people but sometimes im angry and bored and thinks that everything sucks. I feel that a lot actually.

* I dont like larger groups (more than 4) bcuz i dont say anything then. I feel like if i say something it sounds wrong.

* I think a lot about things and i think very deep. So deep that i hurts inside.

* I have OCD in a way. I want everything perfect.

* I talk alot to myself in my head and loud when im alone.

* I have pain in my always but im used to it now. When i did try drugs it did go away for a while.

* Its easy to be nice and kind in social situations and i think that people like me but i feel very tensed and weird and outside, but i hide that well.

* If i had a lot of money, i would feel very good now and buy things.

* Im alone a lot and i feel outside almost everything and everyone.

* Sometimes i clap my hands or point with my hands and fingers in different directions like a police in traffic.

* I was obsessed in car plates when i was younger. And i still remember car plates.

Tonic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2009, 4:28 pm

Does this mean that you dont have a clue, or that it sounds very much like a NT, or something else?

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 5:02 pm

You sound like an Aspie to me.
Would a self-test help?

http://www.glennrowe.net/BaronCohen/Aut ... tient.aspx

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 5:04 pm

Well, some of the things you list I can't relate to AS one way or another, They're just parts of you as an individual. A great many of the things you listed sound very much like things many people with Asperger Syndrome experience.

If you were diagnosed by professionally trained psychologist(s), they're more qualified than I am to determine if you fit the profile, but it sounds like they probably have good reason for suspecting that you are on the Autistic Spectrum. Why don't you just take their word for it unless at some point you feel there is serious evidence to the contrary.

Comparing your experiences to the experiences of others diagnosed with the same condition might be helpful to you. Couldn't hurt.

Tonic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2009, 5:30 pm

Thank you guys.

Its just that professionals can do wrong. Its like this, if you go see 3 different professionals, you will get 3 different diagnoses.

What i want to say, is that i trust someone with asperger on a forum like this more than some professionals.

And also, many professionals are weird. They say different things about aspergers. Like f ex: "you cant have aspergers if you can look someone in the eyes." or "you cant have aspergers if you can give a hug"

And on onlinetests like the one Tahitiii showed, i get like above average. And on rdos test i get both NT and Asperger points 50/50. Maybe its bcuz they say i have ADHD also? I dont know if that should matter or not.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 9:03 pm

Tonic wrote:
Thank you guys.

Its just that professionals can do wrong. Its like this, if you go see 3 different professionals, you will get 3 different diagnoses.

Not unless you're going to quacks. There are standardized testing procedures for AS. The results should be pretty cut and dried. If they don't give you the tests, then they're just guessing and that doesn't sound like an official diagnosis. It also doesn't sound like the behavior of a professional who's genuinely concerned for your mental health. I'm not saying your statement isn't true in some cases, but it shouldn't be that way in a professional facility.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 11:38 pm

There are no useful tests for high functioning adults. They give children's tests, as though you've spent your life in a closet somewhere, have no brain and have made no effort to adapt.
Their delusions of godhood would be cute if it didn't cause so much confusion.

Good luck finding a competent shrink. I gave up long ago.
I'm the only one in here, and the only one who can know what's happening.

Tonic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2009, 10:34 am

Well, i could also be a not so good wired NT.

While i do have those symtoms mentioned above, i have no trouble with eye contact. (just feel a little uncomfortable sometimes) and i have normal facial expression.

Its very hard to know if its high functioning AS or not so good functioning NT.

:roll:

Tonic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2009, 11:13 am

I feel like i was, and still are, stupid in a way. Its like im not strong in myself. Like i let people use me and i dont stick up for myself. Its like im saying "its okey to bully me!"