Page 10 of 20 [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2010, 6:33 am

proper job :)

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 3:57 pm

i hope everyone has seen the bbc documentary about temple grandin called....the woman who thinks like a cow.
better account of what she's about than the hbo film, i think.

Puzelle
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2010, 7:36 am

The shaman's statement was the first of this type, beside my own, that I have come across. I've always known it is as he says, but it's so very rare to meet others who understand it. This, more than anything, makes the experience with watching your video absolutely unique!

It's a great thing you've started, Alex, and I've seen your video linked here and there on the net. - Of course, it's partly due to tracking devices, but nevertheless, it's a very good sign. You're definitely doing the right thing here, and you're good at it too!

The best of Luck ahead!... 8)

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2010, 1:48 am

Thank you for creating that beautiful masterpiece. I have gone through many of the things mentioned in the video, and still am. Seeing that I'm not the only one with stimming and social awkwardness makes me feel better about myself. Once again, thank you for making the video.

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Oct 2010, 7:22 am

nintendogurl1990 wrote:
Thank you for creating that beautiful masterpiece. I have gone through many of the things mentioned in the video, and still am. Seeing that I'm not the only one with stimming and social awkwardness makes me feel better about myself. Once again, thank you for making the video.

You're welcome! I'm glad you got so much out of my film.

bggallag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Oct 2010, 8:31 pm

Interesting. I know MTV had a True Life episode of Autism Reality. As well as the new MTV show World of Jenks, where he followed a guy who had Autism. He took the guy on a day trip to NYC. I would have had a meltdown myself, as I loathe New York. Jenks thought it would be a good idea to introduce the guy (I'm really sorry but I forget his name), to NYC. He didn't take into account how noisy the city can be, extra stimuli, etc.

Man, just getting in the cab there gave me a panic attack, the way they drive! lol.

I would love to see Temple Grandin's movie. How was it?

A social for Annapolis, MD area adults with Asperger's. The social meets on the last Friday of the month. (21 years of age and older). Cards & board games &snacks. More info on fb page. http://www.facebook.com/Annapolis.Adults.Aspergers

AsIndsigt

15 Oct 2010, 3:06 am

Grandins movie is probably the best hollywood portrayal of an autistic person yet.

excellent work, especially because they consulted her so much, instead of just re-writing the book to fit a screenplay.

Epiphany28
Raven
Raven

20 Oct 2010, 9:11 pm

Life changing. For me, but most of all my son. I just picked up a couple of her books. I'm really looking forward to reading them.

The video was beautiful, OP. I LOVED it. :heart:

bggallag wrote:

alex
Developer
Developer

20 Oct 2010, 9:14 pm

Epiphany28 wrote:
Life changing. For me, but most of all my son. I just picked up a couple of her books. I'm really looking forward to reading them.

The video was beautiful, OP. I LOVED it. :heart:
bggallag wrote:

Thanks!

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Nov 2010, 1:50 pm

Nice video Alex! Did you shoot this with a Panasonic? I've been a fan of theirs ever since the DVX-100 cameras came out. Btw, I like your denim jacket as well! lol... my Levi's trucker cut jacket is my absolute favourite piece of clothing.

Blueskygirl
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2010, 11:10 pm

I just wanted to say that I watched the video and added it to my Facebook page. I absolutely love it and it's the most touching video I've seen on Autism.
I have a little girl whom I think will be diagnosed with Aspergers. She's in sensory integration therapy right now, and is also dyspraxic. The neuropsych said after her eval that she was not on the spectrum...but she recently had a talk with me and let me know that she's been sitting in on some of her OT sessions and that she'd like to retest her (social/emotional) in 6 months to a year. She just turned 4yrs old in September. She explained that Aspergers isn't normally diagnosed until 6-9 yrs of age.
This video actually helped me a lot, and I just shared it with my mom. When your mother was talking about how she knew something was different when you were a newborn, I immediately knew what she was talking about because my daughter was the same exact way...eyes wide open. She was a super-alert baby and everyone commented about that. I just looked into her big, wide eyes and knew she was someone really special.
Thank you for making that video. I think every parent and family member of a child on the spectrum should see it. I think every educator should watch it as well.

You truly are a wonderful person, and are doing really great work!

splinterfaction
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2010, 3:24 pm

This looks great, I'll have a proper watch of this before I got to be tonight and maybe post back =)

Anyone interested please check out my asperger's documentary on YouTube too, it's called 'Bearsac', I'll be posting a link to it on here soon so check my other posts =)

hesting
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2010, 5:52 am

Thanks for this documentary, Alex.
I think this is the best piece you produced so far. :)
I'd love to see more films like that.

There's a film about Temple Grandin?
Can someone tell me more about it?

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 8:38 pm

Got this message when I tried to open the page:

Quote:
Wrong Planet is currently experiencing a VERY high amount of people posting messages to the site and can't handle the load.

We should be back in 1 to 2 minutes or less.

To pass the time, watch autism reality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLOCYubVc7g

Wow I'm glad I watched it, very well done, great comments, everyone should watch!

Shadi

ParadoxalParadigm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2010, 2:26 am

I whole-heartedly believe that you are going to make a very large impact on society if you keep going in this direction, Alex. Your documentary was was short, and yet it conveyed such a complex issue within that amount of time in a very weighted way. I support you 100%.

Clancy
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2010, 3:59 am

Excellent ~~ thank you for your insight in helping society see your perspective. It was very helpful in giving us a view into your world.