Page 11 of 20 [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

Yehonathan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2010, 4:07 pm

Great documentary, i wish this came on TV so more people will understand...

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2011, 7:55 pm

this was really good. I've been saying for a long time that autism is not a good or a bad thing - it just IS. it was hard for me when I was younger and got picked on because I lauged to loud, or laughed at a girls face when she was crying because it looked funny, or had trouble finding and making friends. I still have problems today with normal social interaction like talking to a professor, speaking up in class, or using the telephone.

but I see good in it too. I work for an agency providing respite for families, and one of the girls I work with is SO amazing - everytime she sees me she bounces up and down, smiling and cuddles my arm. I don't think it's GOOD that she has autism, but if she didn't I never would have met her. no matter how depressed I am she makes my day so much better. some people who see her acting out in public may think differently, but that's their problem.

again, your documentary was amazing.

AustinCanRelate
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Feb 2011, 10:04 pm

great video

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:41 am

wow that was amazing 8O :D

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Droog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2011, 1:37 pm

Really nice video, you seemed to lay out a complex issue in so little time.

Bravo.

adamsmith
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2011, 6:05 am

Hey bro... very good information here..i am so happy to read about this...thanx...

annieroux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2011, 7:03 am

I so enjoyed watching part of the documentary, and thank you Alex for starting WrongPlanet.
I need help with something. I have become very good friends with someone who I 99% suspect has undiagnosed Asperger's. He is 46 and has all of the classic signs. My concern is that he has a son who is 22, and I strongly suspect also has Asperger's. My friend cannot understand why his son does the things he does, has no friends, moves at a uncoordinated snails pace and is fixated on things such as Ninja Warriors and the Roman Empire. They get in the same huge arguments all of the time and it is going nowhere!
My question.......how do I "suggest" that my friend might indeed have Asperger's and that his son might have a more severe(if that is right word)case of it? Is there any reading that someone might suggest that would help me help them?
I would REALLY appreciate any feedback from you.

Louise18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

annieroux wrote:
I so enjoyed watching part of the documentary, and thank you Alex for starting WrongPlanet.
I need help with something. I have become very good friends with someone who I 99% suspect has undiagnosed Asperger's. He is 46 and has all of the classic signs. My concern is that he has a son who is 22, and I strongly suspect also has Asperger's. My friend cannot understand why his son does the things he does, has no friends, moves at a uncoordinated snails pace and is fixated on things such as Ninja Warriors and the Roman Empire. They get in the same huge arguments all of the time and it is going nowhere!
My question.......how do I "suggest" that my friend might indeed have Asperger's and that his son might have a more severe(if that is right word)case of it? Is there any reading that someone might suggest that would help me help them?
I would REALLY appreciate any feedback from you.

To be honest, I don't think you can/should. Its something his son should figure out himself if he wants to.

Eternally
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2011, 2:23 pm

Thanks for posting this Alex this vid just shows us how different and special we are, that we see things in other ways and can learn so much deeper stoff that normal people just cant do.

ecoronin
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2011, 5:25 pm

cerasela wrote:
ruennsheng wrote:
Let's hope that Alex's video will be the beginning of greater things to come.

I hope the next movie will follow up on this, and really show real solutions for K St and Congress to really make policies in our favor. :)

Like perhaps, as I thought after watching the video, more support for homeschooling or alternative/specialized schools for Aspies/Auties could be publicly funded? Just my ideas.

I hope that G-d hears you...I just had a hell of a day at my daughter's school. Just when I think I made a progress, I am down on my knees again...getting raped AGAIN (figurate speech...sorry for the crude expression, but I know first hand the feeling of being raped, it is actually less painful than suffering/being afraid for your child).
My poor daughter is been asking me to homeschool her for a long time now, but I can't do it, she IS learning in public school and I am just afraid that I would not know what I am doing homeschooling her, but the school barely knows what they're doing, so...
I was yelling at the school social worker today...I am ashamed...I am just fed up of the same lame excuses, the same insulting bullying things that are said to me, I am sick of them second guessing the doctors diagnoses, my observations, calling my daughter "rude" (hell, if I would be her, I would have kicked major butt there with what she's going through...I actually have a lot of respect for my daughter's self control)...the social worker asked me if I want to go back to my country if I don't like the schools here (??? doesn't that qualify for PURE discrimination??? or just cruelty???)...it was just a sad circus. I think that the social worker is having a lot of amusement at my expense. She told me that she knows how I feel (as a nurse, I NEVER told any patient that, it one of the most ignorant/disrespectful/cruel thing that you can tell someone that's suffering). That is when I exploded in tears...how can such people even be allowed to have a job?

Anyway, I hope that G-d hears you. I know my daughter will make a difference, she will be the second person with AS I know that will write about that particular school and bullying...hahaha...I will see the social worker then, when she will be immortal in a story...it's not done till the "fat" ladies sing...lol...

I dont post on here much. But I think you should know about online schooling that is paid by the state.The child works with real teachers and you only help as something as a coach. My brother is doing it now and he is learning way more than he ever did in normalpublic school. The only thing is to see if its covered in your state. I hope things work better for your child

Tantricbadass
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

WTF shaman?Show me the spiritual math

AdamBacon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jun 2011, 11:54 pm

Wow.. This is very nice, my friend...

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

Great job on making the video Alex! I just shared the video on my Facebook. Keep up the good work. :)

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Jul 2011, 8:51 pm

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback on my film.

-Alex

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

Yay Alex - give Moog a Knighthood ! [that is all] and maybe Hyperlexian a Damehood !

paperoceans
Raven
Raven

09 Aug 2011, 5:39 pm

I really enjoyed this little video, you should do more perhaps! All the movies that I've seen about aspies have been severely exaggerated. I saw myself in this video.