Page 13 of 20 [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

SuzzyQ
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

I enjoyed this video. It was nice hearing your parent's perspective too

and Temple Grandin... I hang onto her every word!

Jedipinkkid1138
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

This was inspiring to me, as well, since I've been recently diagnosed with Aspergers!! (I'm a rare case, because I'm a girl!) It gave me a better & different AND new perspective- one from non-Autistic people, which I found interesting!! ! I'm definitely gonna share this video!! Thank you, and PLEASE make more!!

it's not gonna own you!..." -"Now" by Fireflight

bookworm285
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2012, 12:51 pm

Good job Alex, I enjoyed watching it.

crookedfingers
Raven
Raven

09 Apr 2012, 1:59 pm

This looks like a very good video, however, is anyone else finding the non-verbal sounds incredibly distracting?

Edit: I've just watched it, and found it very interesting. :D Is there a version with subtitles? There are some parts that I couldn't quite understand straight away.

aautismgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

Thank you for sharing. Here's some great autism movie:

http://www.autism-world.com/index.php/2 ... sm-movies/

lsouth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2012, 5:40 pm

This documentary is great. I wish it was longer, though. I thought your comment about "low functioning" being a misnomer was really profound.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Am I the only one that didn't like this video? Or feel that it did not describe the situation that I was in so much.. It had a very American form, that may be it. But I thought that people with Aspergers were very outspoken and concerned about being righteous, and I seem to be the odd one out.

I'm probably incredibly rude for saying this. Bah.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2012, 1:20 am

Excellent. What you said from 525 to 620ish was so well put. Everyone should hear that. Also your description of how normal social interaction is draining, again well put and a part of the autism story that people need to understand. Very well done. The spectrum desriptin in the beginning was very easily understood as well.

lonelyguy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2012, 4:12 am

just saw your film..you hit the nail on the head when you said we are just diffrent i would agree ..but people never accept that
I was like you..i am 27yrs old and all through my school yrs was kicked punched called an idiot nearly stabbed and moved school on a few occasions to avoid bullies..but it never stopped through my whole life i have had this problem with people..even today some adults sense i have a problem as i always look away from people..then the comments start..ret*d weirdo and stuff like this has prevented me from interacting with anyone, which makes things so much worse..no job as i cant interact.. no skills but i am a normal thinking person.....aspergers has ruined my life i must say!
Maybe one day i will get the strenth to overcome some of the problems that i battle with every day.
great film..hope it helps people understand a little more about us!

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 9:56 am

Alex that is WONDERFUL. I want to drive around very slowly with that playing on a big screen strapped to the top of my van.

Or park in a shopping center parking lot and play that while my kids cavort around inside exhibiting their various levels of behavior.

My oldest being very NT-like but not liking a whole whole whole lot of hardcore interaction and tending to be very literal. My son being almost textbook "Little Professor" Asperger's and currently going through an echolalic phase that makes even me want to muzzle him. My usually very socially adroit three-year-old daughter currently exhibiting something that looks a lot more like classical autism-- she has a sinus infection, screams constantly, clings to me and wants nothing else touching her, is practically nonverbal (despite the fact that she is fully capable of complete, correct sentences when it suits her). My infant daughter grinning and goggling at everything, very sweet and engaging, but won't make eye contact and doesn't want cuddled-- very much like her brother at that age and very much like what the lady who I assume is your mother described.

All this with a huge banner that says something like, "Autism Awareness Wagon" in the back window.

I just wouldn't know what to say to the hordes of onlookers I'm sure we'd attract.

andmott
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2012, 1:03 am

Nice video. Well shot, good subject matter. Great to have someone like you here at this community.

sam-hinch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2012, 6:41 am

Very good! :D

EastWestCoastGirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2012, 1:35 am

This was wonderful.

vegankat
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2012, 2:04 am

That's an excellent video. Thank you Alex! :)

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 10:09 am

I think it's a wonderful video and i love Temple Grandin, she is awesome!

Hunterton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2013, 12:50 am

I liked the video and it described what I go through on a normal basis in life. I have functioning aspergers but still have those effects of not being able to live a normal life. I was diagnoised at 13 and fortunately never went through any public humiliations except at one job. My short coming was my jobs. My last job lasted 1yr and 7 months. Getting treated normal and being held to their standards was annoying. Many people think just because we look rugged think were normal when it is the exact opposite.