Do you use gibberish instead of swears like NTs?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

17 Dec 2009, 7:11 pm

when you get mad or something goes wrong what do you say?

I just took something out of the oven and accidently dropped it on the floor and said "giggley shniggle gaggly shnusshy gook" or something like that.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 7:20 pm

When I trip over something I say ooh la la-I don't know why.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 7:31 pm

Jutty wrote:
when you get mad or something goes wrong what do you say?

I just took something out of the oven and accidently dropped it on the floor and said "giggley shniggle gaggly shnusshy gook" or something like that.

Yes, but my husband does it more. In fact, "giggley shniggle gaggly shnusshy gook" sounds exactly like something my husband would say in that circumstance. He's NT with a few aspie quirks.

I say gibberish when I feel like saying something, but don't know what to say. Like if my husband tells me about a bunch of work-related stuff, and I don't have the technical expertise to respond in a useful way, but I want to say something. In that situation, I'll probably say something like, "Gargle noodle!" or "cheese!" or "toasted buckets!" Sometimes, for no reason at all, I'll say, "Squeak!!" I'm not sure why. It's not like a Tourette's thing; I choose to say it, but I don't know why. I just get the urge. I don't do it around strangers or anywhere other than around my family, though. Well, sometimes I say it quietly to myself. :?

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

I swear like a $&%( sailor.

Amcathra
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2009, 8:38 pm

I didn't swear at all when I was young, after all I had been taught not to. When I moved somewhere where swearing was more common, I eventually practiced swearing in private to desensitise myself to the process.

It still feels wrong to me most of the time. Now I swear on rare occasions when particularly stressed, or deliberately for emphasis - because I do it so rarely it's noticed.

nikinizor
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2009, 8:42 pm

I tend to use gibberish and generally make up words as I go along but yes I do it when angry or hurt too...usually with lots of potent mind boggling swearing in 3-4 languages as well......lol at 'squeak' I actually say that too!! ! like when I bump my head or knock into something not hard enuff to hurt...

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 8:47 pm

I both swear and use gibberish (although it's mostly just mumbling).

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 9:10 pm

A lady that suspected I was aspie asked if I swore, she claimed aspies did it more than NTs. I don't swear btw.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 9:28 pm

I tend to garble my swears into nonsensical gibberish that sounds like a japanese chicken with tourettes

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 10:13 pm

swearing... sailor sp33k :P

well yeah, i kinda overdo it according to some. Almost got kicked out of the house once for it too even.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2009, 10:15 pm

I never swore when I was a child because I was told it was bad and I would get into trouble. I swore a little in my teen years, but I have the biggest issue with swearing in my 20s and now.

I've freaked out at grocery stores and part of that may include swearing and I guess people think I'm nuts. :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 10:16 pm

I don't swear at all. Nor do I use gibberish. I just dust myself off and carry on.

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2009, 10:41 pm

I never swore, as a kid and all through school. After working with people that swore a lot for a long time I swear now, a lot :(

I try not to and do not really like it but it's habit.

heliocopters
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2009, 10:55 pm

Once I almost chopped off all of my fingers on a bandsaw and said, "F--k me in half with a hat!" So, I think for me, swearing just becomes more ridiculous. Sometimes it's gibberish, though, something to the effect of "oh figgly shunk shunk GRARALSDFKJF ASDLKFJLK BISSHAUSH!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Aietra
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2009, 11:56 pm

Hehe...yup, that is SO me! Never said a swear word in my life, but I have a whole collection of words I use instead. Criminy, crimonelly, bottoms, rats, nuts, crimoblinkinnelly... I don't even think about it any more - it just comes naturally.

18 Dec 2009, 12:02 am

Just when did swearing become an NT thing? :roll: