Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

amyst
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2009, 10:06 pm

I have been constantly failing at getting what I want. I can't turn off my mind away from other people's perception of me, their negative feelings towards me, and that make me miserable.

Sometimes I feel that I screwed up my life so much, with so many bad decisions, that it is no longer useful that I have hope. Should I have hope?

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 10:11 pm

I hope you should have hope. I guess you should always have hope, because what else is there?
I relate a lot to what you said.. feeling that way, like a failure, knowing that that's what you are and that that's how you're seen.. Although I'm not always sure when people truly don't like me and when it's more in my head. I tend to get it wrong.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 10:32 pm

I see my own life as one of many failures and my present situtation as having little hope, but those things do not stop me from still trying to learn from mistakes and continuing on. My wife and at least one or two others understand at least some of my struggles and truly try to be empathetic, but I also know what it is like to live with negative feelings from other people. Personally, I just do my best to do right things well and never mind what certain people think.

amyst wrote:
Sometimes I feel that I screwed up my life so much, with so many bad decisions, that it is no longer useful that I have hope. Should I have hope?

I believe justice and mercy await us at the end of life, and finding out about that sometimes seems to me to be the only thing that keeps me going ... and especially when I am feeling hopeless.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 10:45 pm

That feeling of having a life cobbled together out of scraps from the bin because nothing beautiful was found for it.
:?:

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 11:30 pm

i literally fail at everything in life, but i remember a quote i always keep to mind from the movie the haunted mansion.. "you try, you fail, you try, you fail, but the only true failure is when you stop trying" is so true, please dont give up hope. right now i still have problems dressing myself, remembering things, communicating, simple stuff as counting money or time, tying my shoes, but i still keep trying no matter what one day i will master everything for good. im also in a program for sign language thats only suppose to be for 2 years ill be in if i finish this time for almost 7 years, because i kept failing, but i still kept trying which even though if i fail again at least i got alittle further this time. Sometimes u gotta keep on trucking no matter how hard or bumpy or how many wrong turns you make on the road, dont stop moving forward.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

20 Dec 2009, 11:34 pm

Welcome to my world.

Most normal people in my situation would succeed... it makes my life even more hard to live.