How do I deal with the fact that 60% of people will hate me?

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 9:20 am

All but a tiny fraction of the world's population will live and die without ever knowing of my existence. Unless I get on TV, that's not going to change much. I prefer to see the world as a colossal box full of different people...it's up to me who I choose to make myself known to. If they don't signal that they like me, I just look elsewhere. I handle these "facts" by just getting on with the serious business of sifting and filtering, when I can be bothered to. Doesnt really depress me. I'm used to a world in which most people are on another wavelength.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 12:09 pm

Quote:
"Location: Redmond,WA"

60% will hate you - Are you running Linux? (Just kidding)

On a more serious note: Like others have mentioned already: you cannot be liked by everyone - its impossible to achieve unless you have no sense of self worth and no opinions.

Some people will like you, some wont,
keep close to your friends, keep your enemies at a distance.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 1:50 pm

even if your pessimism is justified, 40% will love you...........

as an Aspie you should get a f***ing gold medal for that :lol:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 2:17 pm

I don't think anyone hates me. That's no the problem. It's getting people to love you, that's where the struggle lies.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 2:28 pm

wow-40% of humans you know,meet,will encounter,etc don't hate you. 100% of the humans i know hate me! in my universe you're way ahead of the game.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 3:54 pm

I think feeling hated and rejected is a normal feeling for (many) people with ASD. There are a lot of "people hate me" and "I feel dirty" threads here.

That feeling is usually wrong - social interaction is painful for you, but that pain is yours, it originates in your social distress, it does not originate from the other person.

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2010, 4:19 pm

jojobean wrote:
I learned one important thing on that subject: give yourself the self acceptance that you wish others would give you. Dont wait for others to give you what you need from yourself, cause you will be a long time waiting

Jojo

Very good advice.

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2010, 6:46 pm

1Oryx2 wrote:
There was a study we looked at for my Anthropology class and a part of it studied the brain's reaction to rejection. Startlingly enough, when someone is rejected, the part of the brain that lights up is the part that deals with physical pain.

here is a link to the study (it talks about managing at work with the brain, the part about rejection is further in.)

http://www.strategy-business.com/articl ... ?gko=5df7f

1Oryx2, that is an extremely interesting article, thanks for the link.

dupertuis
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2010, 5:21 am

Embrace the 40%.